• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Elle Tea Party With Mercedes-Benz

Guest angela

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HLdrops

Thank you ladies for the invite. too bad onli me and redbell were there. Guess wat i won the B series free weekend drive ah!! hehe.. but terms and conditions dunno yet. ;D

Guest jenvid

keltanky ]

Thank you ladies for the invite. too bad onli me and redbell were there. Guess wat i won the B series free weekend drive ah!! hehe.. but terms and conditions dunno yet. wrote:

if B200 turbo, I also wana try!!!

Hallo... it is not an AMG leh.. low pressure turbo,front wheel drive..wat were u thinking of ?

May be SG Merc shld convoy in tow... haha...

Guest CBlack

Thank you ladies for the invite. too bad onli me and redbell were there. Guess wat i won the B series free weekend drive ah!! hehe.. but terms and conditions dunno yet. ;D

too bad i was held up so didn't make it.

Thank you ladies for the invite. too bad onli me and redbell were there. Guess wat i won the B series free weekend drive ah!! hehe.. but terms and conditions dunno yet. Grin

Let us know when you score the ride, we can do a feature article on the car which includes 0-100km/h acceleration, 0-400m timing, ABS effectiveness, cornering ability, turning circle radius...... >:D

Guest jenvid

Ya...maybe an elktest to see if it will overturn.

I wonder how many of u ever tried driving the A class. After the infamous elktest, MB did up the car & I happened to take over an A class for 2 wks. Man the car handles like a sport cars. Suspension is ultra hard, fantastic zero roll when cornering at high spd. Go through a speed strip and u wake up to a totally fresh person. An unbelievable amt of vibration will pass thru your body, better than any of those massage chair. :laugh:

For the 1st time the MB manual actually state which brand and model of tyre is to be used. :o

I really couldnt believe anyone would buy a race spec suspension setup for daily driving. Insane...

Anyway, I got a hunch that an elktest on B will also cause it to turn turtle. Only thing is at what spd ?

Guest Cklasse

Jen...I had my 1st Mercedes-Benz in the form of W168, the A160.

You are right about the hard suspension but I find it manageable for daily use and I like to push the car hard around corner and it handled nicely. The manual mentioned about the run-in mileage too (500 km).

The vibration can be felt for anyone who has not sat in the A-class before since it is higher and shorter than our normal sedan. Like I said, I think I got used to it after driving for a while. The hard vibration was solved when the long wheel base A-class was launched.

In fact, I still missed the W168 (the shorter version). That car is shorter than any cars on the road then and it was good to weave among the cars on the road, changing lane in tight spot and finding parking space is easy too. I once parked the car in a small space not meant for car when the whole carpark was full. ;D