• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

WTB - C180 (W202?)

Guest RTCS

Hi guys,

Second day here and this is my first post. Never knew that there is such a wonderful site regarding mercs.

Now looking at w202. How do you guys find this ride?

http://www.singaporecarsonline.com/view.php?popup=yes&sale_id=10348

Is there anything that I should watch out for? How is the fc, maintenance, etc. Is it advisable for me to take this budget car? I have seen it and maybe will confirm on Sat after test drive but amongst otheres one of the set back is that the seats are not leather. Any idea what kind of budget must I set aside if I would want to wrap it up with leather or perhaps is it possible to get a complete set of 2000 facelift including door panel from scrap yard and how much will it cost?

Sorry so much questions, but I really have a lot of them. :-*

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, Welcome to Sgmerc.

Ok, i had driven a C220 back in 1996, overall is alright, only setback is the rear leg and head room is small, car is heavy taking off even mine is a 220. Overall it is a decent Mercedes to drive. Benz is after all a Benz, nothing much to complaint.

You can arrange a appointment with the owner, meet at MBM, our sponsor,get them to do a check before you commit as there might be alots of wear and tear on a 13+ years car. Hope i do give you some ideal and hope to see you at our monthly GTG. Cheers

First of all, Welcome to Sgmerc.

Ok, i had driven a C220 back in 1996, overall is alright, only setback is the rear leg and head room is small, car is heavy taking off even mine is a 220. Overall it is a decent Mercedes to drive. Benz is after all a Benz, nothing much to complaint.

You can arrange a appointment with the owner, meet at MBM, our sponsor,get them to do a check before you commit as there might be alots of wear and tear on a 13+ years car. Hope i do give you some ideal and hope to see you at our monthly GTG. Cheers

Thanks 9339, I have just tested it and seems pretty smooth, so I've confirmed and placed the deposit. Will need some minor touch up and look forward to meet up with you guys at the monthly GTG. Cheers.

Guest milk15

Thanks 9339, I have just tested it and seems pretty smooth, so I've confirmed and placed the deposit. Will need some minor touch up and look forward to meet up with you guys at the monthly GTG. Cheers.

Wow....... RTCS... you are fast... call me on the day itself in the morning and u put a deposit in the afternoon liao....

Faster cum.... leather seats waiting for you.... hehehehhehe

Guest milk15

Good buy, if i am not wrong, this car cost $240K at that time ::) Cant imagine how much a C32 will cost ;D

Think RTCS bought it at a reasonable price... the oni down side of it, is that it doen't comes with leather seats.....

• 2 weeks later...

Well transaction was finally completed at LTA at a breeze. I look forward to the next month GTG as schedule forbids on 27 Apr.

Kind of an eventfull for last week during the handover. As the seller was driving along the way to credit company to clear his outstanding loan, firstly the air-con cut off, after awhile battery light, abs light, etc lighted up, power steering was lost too, there were some knocking sound coming into the cabin. We stopped by the side and examined and realised that the belt was broken. So mechanic was called in to replace and seller footed the bill without any question.

After that, need to top-up radiator, everything else was alright about there were screeching sound and air-con compressor seems dead. Now this is bad. Seller settled his outstanding load and both of us went to Eunos workshop and confirmed that the compressor needed to be changed. We agreed to co-share the cost. Things are alright now.

Tomorrow is labour day, I will have some time to do strip the panel and perform some soldering work on the air-con switch which is intermittent at the moment. Will try to see if there is any aux input for the head unit, etc :yumyum:

Brother me-milk, any good news for the reverse sensor and amplifier?

Guest sy69u

Well transaction was finally completed at LTA at a breeze. I look forward to the next month GTG as schedule forbids on 27 Apr.

Kind of an eventfull for last week during the handover. As the seller was driving along the way to credit company to clear his outstanding loan, firstly the air-con cut off, after awhile battery light, abs light, etc lighted up, power steering was lost too, there were some knocking sound coming into the cabin. We stopped by the side and examined and realised that the belt was broken. So mechanic was called in to replace and seller footed the bill without any question.

After that, need to top-up radiator, everything else was alright about there were screeching sound and air-con compressor seems dead. Now this is bad. Seller settled his outstanding load and both of us went to Eunos workshop and confirmed that the compressor needed to be changed. We agreed to co-share the cost. Things are alright now.

Tomorrow is labour day, I will have some time to do strip the panel and perform some soldering work on the air-con switch which is intermittent at the moment. Will try to see if there is any aux input for the head unit, etc :yumyum:

Brother me-milk, any good news for the reverse sensor and amplifier?

wah bro, i pity u. u should have brought the car to mbm 1st to hav an initial check up before u buy it. welll anyway, since u have bought it, go make an appointment with mbm & let them have a thorough check on her. i rather u spent a couple of hundreds or thousands now to replace faulty items then to have her died on u on the expressway with clients or even worst, the in-laws in her car. hahahaha. just my 1 cent worth.

welcome to the club. hope to see u in 1 of our meet-up or gathering....