• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204 owners - any problem so far ?

Guest pc

Guest angela

Seems that the side folding mirror is a very common problem, i have that too. Went to Pandan C&C, all they did was to put in lubricant. Guess what, after 1 day the sound came back!

Had also in stalled the line amplifier for my IPOD interface kit which they forgot to install. Guess what again? The sound was still relatively soft!

My Fuel Tank cover, was not flushed to the body of the car. Had to fix it twice, guess waht again!? The cover is still not flushed although there was some slight improvements.

Had my rear center head rest replaced because it looked deformed.

Overall, I am very disappointed with the quality of the car. other than that, it is a nice car to drive with lots of gagets in the car. But just those small problems that pisses me off.....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest caysman

Maroon, if you were relieved of the sound for a day while the lubrication was present, it only means that it is indeed a lubrication problem, and the idiot technicians did not know what grease to use. I lament the stupidity and the `bo chup' and prideless attitude of many automotive mechanics today in Singapore, and these shitheads are found everywhere from China brands to the most expensive brands.

You might try to use Lithium Complex greases for the ultimate in water resistance, for example, the Amsoil grease here:

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/gwr.aspx

or you could ask the C&C technicians to LOOK FOR Lithium grease in the garage.

Guest caysman

2. squeaky sound while braking (happen lately)

- they claimed that might be due to my braking style ??? serviced the brake... but problem remain unsolved

The squeaky sound from the brakes means that there are vibrations in your disc rotor caused by uneven friction between the disc and the caliper/pads.

This is probably caused by uneven deposition of pad material on the rotors.

Your solution may be to resurface the rotors (Keng Teong at Sin Ming Autocare centre) and then change your braking habits just ONE BIT...

When stationary, disengage the transmission from D to N, and engage the foot brake. Anticipating some objections, let me say first:

1) advantage: your hot pads do not burn onto the disc rotor and deposit unevenly. Brakes are healthier.

2) Disadvantage: none - but some people say that the transmission oil only flows when the trans is in D, but that's a misrepresentation - that is a design defect only in certain Mitsubishi transmissions, in MB trans oil flows whether D or N.

More info here:

http://www.caymanclub.net/cayman-complaints/18721-brake-squeal.html#post212425

Guest Cklasse

About wind noise at mirror...This may be a silly idea...what if the side mirror is ALWAYS waxed to make it smooth. LIke on aircraft, fuselage is always polished to reduce friction.....or maybe little fins need to be added...

:afro:

bluetooth handsfree

handphone paired with the car but when making calls, the music went off but can't hear the other party.. the mic seems like not working also.. happened twice so far...

anyone has the same problem ?

Guest m1122

bluetooth handsfree

handphone paired with the car but when making calls, the music went off but can't hear the other party.. the mic seems like not working also.. happened twice so far...

anyone has the same problem ?

Did you try the +/- button to try increase the volume?

Guest Protoss

m1122 ]

bluetooth handsfree

handphone paired with the car but when making calls, the music went off but can' wrote:

Did you try the +/- button to try increase the volume?

Kekekeke. :thumbsup:

Guest kopimonster

and i want a C63 :yumyum:

Desire, Craving - Never Ending....

yes...dat is correct....cravings never end....and horsepower is nv enuf.....i wan a GT-R :yumyum: