• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Anyone on Bilstein B12 Prokit or KW?

kar

Hi ALL,

My car, W204 K is running on 235/40/18 (8.5) and 265/35/18 (9.5).

would like to get some feedback if anyone has fitted either B12 or KW with the above tyre profile and encounter rubbing issues between tyres and fender over hump, uneven road, high speed or full load of passengers?

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For Kw it's Coilover so I doubt there is rubbing issue as you can adjust to the height and stiffness that you want. For B12 it's fixed.

So if I only want to lower my car from the current three finger gap to a 2-1.5 finger gap, the B12s would not be suitable?

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Thank you for the info, sir! Any idea where I can go for KW Coilovers then?

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

For Kw it's Coilover so I doubt there is rubbing issue as you can adjust to the height and stiffness that you want. For B12 it's fixed.

Because of the wider tyre profile (i.e. 265) am afraid of the rubbing issue if the minimum drop is say 30mm. It is stated that B12 allows drop 'up to 40mm' but it does not state the range. Searched KW website for V1, V2 and V3, it does not explicitly state the range of drop though some models are adjustable. Maybe, am not searching it right. Also found out that KW has another product, 'Street comfort' where it has an adjustable lowering of 10-40mm which sounds quite ideal. But need to check the application for W204 for KW range