• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic about Lexus

Guest Protoss

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lexus LF-A new king of the ‘Ring?

December 29th, 2007

800px-Lexus_LF-A_Pic_1.JPG

Just as we begin to deal with Nissan’s new GT-R sweeping all before it and establishing a new set of performance and value benchmarks for the Supercar genre comes the news that a Lexus LF-A mule has broken through the current production car lap record at the Nurburgring. Auto Express reports that Lexus insiders have revealed that a test mule has posted a 7 minute 24 second lap, destroying by three seconds the previous record set by Pagani’s Zonda F.

In a sign of the times ahead, a Japanese supercar has reset the performance benchmark at the world famous track and no-doubt has the traditional German / Italian supercar manufacturers and fans scratching their heads. Reportedly, the LF-A mule was powered by a 4.8-litre V10 engine with an output of 389kW/522hp and is capable of a 210mph top speed. Not massive power for a supercar, which gives you an inkling of the gains being made by the Japanese in the area of handling and suspension control.

With a 5.0-litre V10 powered Honda NSX in development, it really is time to take the Japanese manufacturers very seriously.

- The Motor Report, AU

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=39534&DL=1059

sc300c.jpg

This is a 1991 Toyota Soarer / Lexus SC300 chassis code designation JZZ30. It is powered by the 2.5ltr twin turbocharged 1JZ-GTE engine and fitted to the JZA70 Supra. The JZA80 Supra is the one that we're most familiar with because it was one of the stars of the first installment of the movie Fast and Furious. The example for sale is a rare manual transmission equipped model. Mate the head of this engine with the bottom end of the 2JZGTE 3 litre engine and you've got a good base platform to make 1000hp.

More interestingly if you look at the headlights and compare it with the LF-A (in previous photos) you can kind of tell where the heritage is from!

• 1 month later...
Guest mbc230avg

There have been so much discussion and comparison between Lexus and MB cars. I am currently driving the C230 (W204) and wonder how it really stack-up compared to the IS250. I have always subscribed to the Lexus philosophy of super refinement and comfort with good ownership satisfaction, and recently switched to MB. Many things will boiled down to personal preferences but I will love to hear some members personal journey in their cherish rides.

For a start, I think the whoosh from the V6 in the MB is a little more intoxicating, the ride is tauter, and the steering is pretty engaging. The solidity and vault like build quality and safety that epitomize an MB is all evident. It handles well when the C230 is put to its' paces.

However, the gear changes is not as smooth and imperceptible like the IS. It is also not as quiet, goodness the radiator fan can be heard first when approaching even though it is not intrusive internally. The equipment levels are also less generous, and the overall finish is still better in the IS. I will probably want to own both, as each has their merits that I enjoy in a well sorted and good handling refine car. The quest for perfection!

The IS250 is scary quiet. I didn't like the drive at all. Not much steering feedback. Rear seat legroom is just ridiculously tight not to mention that bikini strip of a rear windscreen. Yes I agree the Lexus gearshift is creamier. It's designed for a different sort of motoring experience that I am not used to. I prefer something more involving in my daily commute and I think that's where the W204 edges it. It just feels like a more lively/nimble car overall.

My preference is for the GS300 over the IS250 if size and spaciousness is one of the pre-reqs.

i would take the C230 over the IS250,

simply because the cramped driver's footwell in the IS250

forces my left leg into a very uncomfortable position.

prefer MB interior design and driving feel as well.

Guest Cklasse

i would take the C230 over the IS250,

simply because the cramped driver's footwell in the IS250

forces my left leg into a very uncomfortable position.

prefer MB interior design and driving feel as well.

Lexus is too clinical.

The design does not make my heart skip a beat or make me fall in love with it.

Guest ACSLK

To be chauffeur driven in a Lexus still ok...comfort level is great but it is definitely not a driver's car cause i think the drive portion still lost out to MB and BM.......

:clap:

• 3 months later...

To be chauffeur driven in a Lexus still ok...comfort level is great but it is definitely not a driver's car cause i think the drive portion still lost out to MB and BM.......

Btwn IS250 vs C200, the Merc feels sharper and more agile. This is especially so when taking corners.

Guest domenech

Btwn IS250 vs C200, the Merc feels sharper and more agile. This is especially so when taking corners.

hmmm, no offences but technically it makes little sence if you compare both luxury cars into taking corners. these cars are made for comfort which shld only rightly compare it with luxury comfort.

i think it would be more appropriate if you compare AMG's racing models against other sports race models.

In anyway any merc's 6.3cc will eat any bimmers M3 models and audi's/RS4 models for breakfast on the real driving world it may be par on 0-100 but what's after 100kph show's the C63 is too much to handle.

Guest domenech

This would explain why the C63 got eaten by the M3 on Topgear.

hmmm, on topgear ? I suggest that on the real driving world and condition's the C63 will fly pass the M3 without even trying unless S crank or super twistie roads occur to be the subject or even trackdays but don't expect much the C63AMG isn't that bad at probably afew sec behide considering it will make up so much ground on the straight.

haaa, btw i experienced once at malaysia when my uncle was driving his M3 up at geylang pata(not sure if i spell it correctly) in a drag the C63 got away with murder after the 3rd gear started to pull away it finish with at least 3 to 4 cars lenght.

anyway M3 fans here i still reckon the M3 will do a better timing at a TRACK compare to 63's.

cheers~

hmmm, no offences but technically it makes little sence if you compare both luxury cars into taking corners. these cars are made for comfort which shld only rightly compare it with luxury comfort.

er don't quite agree when the IS250 comes with paddle shifters and the merc has an option for agility control. Both are 'hybrid' type luxury models that can still offer some poke and spirited driving.

Guest ehwwong

er don't quite agree when the IS250 comes with paddle shifters and the merc has an option for agility control. Both are 'hybrid' type luxury models that can still offer some poke and spirited driving.

i agreed with your statement on poking.. hehe