• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

w211 fuel consumption

ckloml

• 2 weeks later...

Just dis NSHW to Melaka yesterday and did 7 to 7.4 l/100km. Noticed FC increased quite a bit on low revs below 40kph and to improve FC from there takes quite a bit of time driving at 110kph or more. I know OT but at what stage does turbo come on? I drive a E200 7Gtronic.

• 3 months later...

i'm still on stock E250 7G... been seeing 8.5-9m/l... hopefully this is normal... Been told after I go NSHW run... would be better after the turbo OPEN... hope this is true... if not... Gotta do SOMETHING liao...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Previously in my C200ML, I could get around 6.8~7.2L per 100 km when I travel from Adjunied to Tuas in the wee mornings and get really lucky with the traffic lights. The trick is to rev lower than 2k rpm in C mode and pick up slowly. Not very sustainable but its achievable.

Trying the same with the E200k. I think it seems to work... my best record was 8.1L per 100km on this but its due to the stops from the traffic lights. I believe the sub 7L/100km is achievable in the E200 as well... ;)

• 2 years later...

think it's normal, am getting about 7.5/l 500km before light comes on.

checked with C&C, they say everything is normal, car eats more petrol as it ages.

I get at best 600km per tank on my E230 which is about 8.5km/L

The trip computer always gives me false hope, when I cruising it shows 8.5L/100km

make me happy only, worse is in city driving, it shows 15L/100km or more :(

But guess have to accept it, old car leow, older technology

I wonder C&C advertise their new C/E class giving 6L/100km zhun bo ???

Got a colleague say his BMW 523 get only 6.7km/L !

The stated FC in brochures and website is under certain ideal conditions only… will not get in SG traffic condition. Too many traffic lights at close distance in the city. Highway driving here slow like turtle unless off peak hour. Higher temperature here also play a part.

I normally based on average days needs to fill up a full tank. 

Example : est. between 8 to 10 days to refill. And the the next 8 to 10 days / est. 590km to 610km

No point to look at the L / 100KM as it is the road condition / driver driving habits / condition of car,  may be that week needs to driver to more places, etc.... 

• 4 weeks later...

Drive up to Malaysia during Dec holidays on my E230

Climb up Genting effortlessly

On the highway, at 150km/h still very stable, tried till 220km/h abit floating and too many cars on NSHW, decided to slow down and drives slower

But at 110km/h, it is like so slow and want to fall asleep

Best is when cruising below 100km/h trip computer show 6.5L/100km, wah so happy, but we know this buay zhun one

Overall, very satisfied in getting the E230, no regret

Drove up to Penang last weekend. 6.5 hr drive @ 150km/h average. Wanted to try 200km/h but gf give red card haha...

Fuel consumption about 10km/l on the way to penang. 9km/h on the way back.

Drive up to Malaysia during Dec holidays on my E230

Climb up Genting effortlessly

On the highway, at 150km/h still very stable, tried till 220km/h abit floating and too many cars on NSHW, decided to slow down and drives slower

But at 110km/h, it is like so slow and want to fall asleep

Best is when cruising below 100km/h trip computer show 6.5L/100km, wah so happy, but we know this buay zhun one

Overall, very satisfied in getting the E230, no regret

No replacement for displacement.

On the NSHY is solid!

The 2.5L V6 is also very quiet as compared to SC.

Happy to see that you have no regret!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

No replacement for displacement.

On the NSHY is solid!

The 2.5L V6 is also very quiet as compared to SC.

Happy to see that you have no regret!

Thank you Boss

Btw, E200K vs E230, the fuel consumption about the same or the V engine is more thirsty ?

Thank you Boss

Btw, E200K vs E230, the fuel consumption about the same or the V engine is more thirsty ?

Me no Boss!

I am a kooli!

Each mth end I take my kooli kang! :)

More about your driving style.

If all are equal, the 2.5 V6 will consume more fuel!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Me no Boss!

I am a kooli!

Each mth end I take my kooli kang! :)

More about your driving style.

If all are equal, the 2.5 V6 will consume more fuel!

Haha,

Kooli Boss !

Do you know the avg FC for E200K ?, when I buy the E230, the dealer told me E230 better FC :lol:

I am getting about avg of 8km/L, if traffic city traffic, worse