• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Comand OFFLINE

Hi guys,

I've been trying for weeks to get my Comand Online to work with my Android.

Finally seem to get things going, but I get an error saying "Mercedes-Benz Apps currently unavailable". Manual keying in of urls seem to work fine (abit slow), just the Comand Online part not working.

Any bros here face the same error message? Or any bro here can actually get the Comand Online part working and the mercedes benz apps (google search, weather, facebook etc) work fine?

I just got my Comand retrofitted last weekend. Still trying to get my system to go online. Are you on SingTel, StarHub, or m1? Care to share what are the settings you made in the Comand system? APN, Ph Number etc.

Thanks!

Comand Online uses Bluetooth DUN (DialUp Network) technology. The iphone and most smartphones have adopted the Bluetooth PAN (Personal Area Network). So only those older phones running DUN can be used with Comand Online.

I got around this by using the BlueDUN app that tsktsk has linked. Its an android app that somehow (beyond my understanding) replicates this DUN network on my Samsung Galaxy S2. There is a trial app for you to see if it works before you purchase the full version. Trial app only works for 5 mins. The Comand Online system is so slow that 5 mins not enough! :) I bought the full version for $4.90.

I'm on starhub. According to the creator of this app, the settings are not important, except that you should leave the DNS address to the default "automatic"

Anyway, I put in:

Ph. number: *99***1#

Access point: shwap

User ID: <blank>

password: <blank>

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I've been trying for days to get connected using an old Nokia 6700 Classic on SingTel. Comand keeps prompting Connection Fail. Anybody has the settings for SingTel?

Singtel:

Ph. number:*99*#

APN: internet

UserName: {Blank}

Password: {Blank}

• Like 1

EleBest PTE LTD

Comand Online NTG 2.5/3/3.5/4.5/4.7/5.0

Instrument cluster Retrofit

AMG Steering Wheel

Mercedes Original Map Conversion

The Most Experienced LCD Upgrading

Navigation, Reverse Camera, Mobile TV, Apple TV

Video In Motion

Rear Seat Entertainment System

iPhone / Samsung mobile Phone mirroring

Digital Video Recorder

Reg. No. 201014095R

Call/SMS/WhatsApp/Line/iMsg: +65-9733-5000, Office: +65-6635-0518

YouTube Channel: myelebest

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gps.sg

Workshop:#04-19, WCEGA Plaza, 1 Bukit Batok Crescent, 658064, Singapore

09:30-18:00, Mon-Sat

Max: +65-97335000

Quotation / Price will only be sent by sms/whatsapp.

Singtel:

Ph. number:*99*#

APN: internet

UserName: {Blank}

Password: {Blank}

Tried already. Still says connection failed.

Bro, need some advice on the command ntg4.5 system compared with audio 20. Beside having a bigger screen and linguaronic voice control, what good is command online when we can't go online with iPhone (yes I have been using iPhone since iPhone 1) and there is no SE Asia map?

I mean I would love the bigger screen with VIM but that's abt it. Paying another 6k+ just for that is hard to swallow leh. There is another aftermarket system which can also do vim, DVD, gps, reverse camera, tv, BT etc... And at a significant price reduction.

Pls tell me what else command is capable of?

The Bluetooth protocol in Command Online which enables internet access is DUN. This is the protocol that can be found amongst some phones of which the most common here is Blackberry. DUN is not found on iphones.

There is supposed to be a future open system due sometime late this year or next that will support and integrate seamlessly with iphones. In the interim MB is supposed to put out a bluetooth module that you can retrofit to support non DUN phones sometime this year. Maybe our in house Command retrofit experts will have some news on this.

Alternatively switch to a Blackberry or if you can spare the extra cash you can have your cake and eat it by carrying an iphone in hand and having a Blackberry in your ride using duo SIMs!!!

Vinyl Is Sexy!

Why use this DUN? It seems outdated. And a bit slow.

EleBest PTE LTD

Comand Online NTG 2.5/3/3.5/4.5/4.7/5.0

Instrument cluster Retrofit

AMG Steering Wheel

Mercedes Original Map Conversion

The Most Experienced LCD Upgrading

Navigation, Reverse Camera, Mobile TV, Apple TV

Video In Motion

Rear Seat Entertainment System

iPhone / Samsung mobile Phone mirroring

Digital Video Recorder

Reg. No. 201014095R

Call/SMS/WhatsApp/Line/iMsg: +65-9733-5000, Office: +65-6635-0518

YouTube Channel: myelebest

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gps.sg

Workshop:#04-19, WCEGA Plaza, 1 Bukit Batok Crescent, 658064, Singapore

09:30-18:00, Mon-Sat

Max: +65-97335000

Quotation / Price will only be sent by sms/whatsapp.

The Bluetooth protocol in Command Online which enables internet access is DUN. This is the protocol that can be found amongst some phones of which the most common here is Blackberry. DUN is not found on iphones.

There is supposed to be a future open system due sometime late this year or next that will support and integrate seamlessly with iphones. In the interim MB is supposed to put out a bluetooth module that you can retrofit to support non DUN phones sometime this year. Maybe our in house Command retrofit experts will have some news on this.

Alternatively switch to a Blackberry or if you can spare the extra cash you can have your cake and eat it by carrying an iphone in hand and having a Blackberry in your ride using duo SIMs!!!

I tried using a BlackBerry Bold 9000 last night with the same results!

Bro, need some advice on the command ntg4.5 system compared with audio 20. Beside having a bigger screen and linguaronic voice control, what good is command online when we can't go online with iPhone (yes I have been using iPhone since iPhone 1) and there is no SE Asia map?

I mean I would love the bigger screen with VIM but that's abt it. Paying another 6k+ just for that is hard to swallow leh. There is another aftermarket system which can also do vim, DVD, gps, reverse camera, tv, BT etc... And at a significant price reduction.

Pls tell me what else command is capable of?

Bro, I have been using the iPhone since the first generation too but I happen to also have a BlackBerry. The maps for NTG4.5 will be available sometime later. I don't know where you heard about the $6K but I didn't pay anywhere remotely near that for my entire setup, which includes the aftermarket GPS and VIM. One point I like about the Comand system is the presence it gives when you enter the vehicle. It's like stepping into someone's living room equiped with a 62" LED TV compared to a 22" LCD TV. Of course there is the HDD where you can store your music, photo viewer, higher resolution screen, etc. Anyway, there are tons of reviews about Comand Online in this forum, please do read up about it. It'll give a better picture of what Comand is all about. There's a reason why C&C can quote $9K for this option and there are still people going for it.

Bro Mark,

COMAND use to be >$12,000 option at the point when U order your MB.

Until today, CnC dun do & dunno how to do retrofit COMAND but ssssshhhh! :)

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Bro Mark,

COMAND use to be >$12,000 option at the point when U order your MB.

Until today, CnC dun do & dunno how to do retrofit COMAND but ssssshhhh! :)

I know they don't retrofit, that's why I said it's an Option. It's listed at $9K for the W204 on the Mercedes-Benz Singapore website. ;)

found this interesting read online...

http://telematicsnew...-online_ag2223/

MB Comand OnLine and Android phones (via BlueDUN)

http://bluedunapp.blogspot.com

==courtesy of uk forum==

i am bored at work, so nice to have something to research on...

Do they have this app for the iPhone? :unsure:

• 3 months later...

Tried already. Still says connection failed.

Bro M, so did you managed to get the comand online working?

I couldnt wait for the iphone update so i went and purchased the samsung S3 instead. But i tired the whole day today and still connection failed!

I'm on starhub btw and help!

I am stuck after the "Establish data connection to GRPS internet" and then it say "connect failed"

I have both BlueDUN and BlueVPN and music/sms/tel/contact from phone to comand are all working fine. So what should i do now???

:startle: :startle: :startle:

Bro M, so did you managed to get the comand online working?

I couldnt wait for the iphone update so i went and purchased the samsung S3 instead. But i tired the whole day today and still connection failed!

I'm on starhub btw and help!

I am stuck after the "Establish data connection to GRPS internet" and then it say "connect failed"

I have both BlueDUN and BlueVPN and music/sms/tel/contact from phone to comand are all working fine. So what should i do now???

:startle: :startle: :startle:

You should have asked first before buying. Apparently what I was told by our Gurus, our "pirated" or retrofitted systems need to be "updated" and "unlocked" further for the function to work. So we're stuck till someone finds an unlock for that function. Sad to be guinea pigs, so many problems.

You should have asked first before buying. Apparently what I was told by our Gurus, our "pirated" or retrofitted systems need to be "updated" and "unlocked" further for the function to work. So we're stuck till someone finds an unlock for that function. Sad to be guinea pigs, so many problems.

Wa lous eh!!!! :growl: :growl:

• Like 1

so, there is a chance the original factory fitted system will work with S3 rite??? anybody tried???

• 3 weeks later...

anyone has successfully go online using BlackBerry? I have both BB & iPh, but my BB doesn't have dataplan, will it still works?

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile

:D

• 4 months later...

Just got my Blackberry 9360... I still can't get online... anyone has the setting for m1 ? can provide some guidance ?

Ph. number: *99***1#  <<< is this the default or I have to replace it with my actual hp no? 
Access point: shwap  <<< is this for starhub users only? i'm on m1...
User ID: <blank>
password: <blank>

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile

:D