• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mini Meetup at Dempsey Village Olio Dome on 05/04/2008

Guest Protoss

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jenvid

ah, i also want my n95 ready lei.... hai... tomorrow only free lei... but got appointment @ Haw Pa Villa

N95 with Nokia maps...follow my previous instruction. Need to possibly upgrade firmware.

Or u pass to me during office hr lor... need quite a bit of time hor... easy 2hrs for nokia maps...

-------------------------------------------------

Ok folks just tested the latest version of Nokia maps. Seems like the GPS is decent enough to use.

Had no prob getting fix in car but then was topless lah...

Map detail not as good as the garmin but at least can use.

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

heehee... i try see if i like using the Nokia first, than i'll buy the Garmin. This will need our David a.k.a. gadget man's advise! ;D

Guest jenvid

here's my view, the nokia maps doesnt look very detail but the roads are there. I find finding POI painful because it is very difficult to press the alphabets on a mobile attached to a holder.

If you have no problem getting GPS fix using the Nokia in your car, then it is onz ! Followed by getting holder & charger...

Anyway I am lugging along all the bluetooth GPSes for everyone to try. Be it Mapking, nokia maps, garmin que, garmin Mobile XT... all can try lor.

The thing about Nuvi is that it has a very good UI couple with touchscreen & bluetooth. Incoming SMS appear in the Nuvi if your HP is compatible. You can also call the POI[pt of interest] direct using the Nuvi to dial ur HP.

ah, i also want my n95 ready lei.... hai... tomorrow only free lei... but got appointment @ Haw Pa Villa

ehh??? tot its dinner tonight. is it?

Dinner tonight??? ???

Guest jenvid

Hi David, mine is a HTC Tytn, did notjing on it. Is in stock cond,not even start using, can you help me to install just in case i am lost. Thanks in advance

Your Tytn package. Can you check if it comes with any navigation s/w ? I believe they should have bundled mapking inside. I have already d/led the WMsia map for that. Else I will do garmin for you. no prob.

Guest Cklasse

heehee... i try see if i like using the Nokia first, than i'll buy the Garmin. This will need our David a.k.a. gadget man's advise! ;D

You will realise in real world, situation changes when driving and on the move, a stylus poking on a small screen is not going to cut it. Try on your Nokia and experience yourself. ;D

Guest Protoss

Think we can organise a Garmin GB coz most of us go up north often.

Think need Kelvin to approve a GB.

Guest Protoss

Date: 05/04/2008

Time: 7pm

Venue: Kallang Mac / KFC

Programs: PDA GPS Settings for Penang Trip / TCSS / Dinner/ Rounding / Baku (Passport)

1. Kompressor (Auto Insert)

2. Sy69u

3. Victor (Auto Insert)

4. SillyWilly

5. WillyMerc aka 2 Mercie 2

6. Jenvid

7. CBlack (Auto Insert)

8. Protoss

9. C35

10. 9339 (Auto Insert)

11. Jeff Keng (TBC)

Guest jenvid

errm why not meet at Olio Dempsey ? Can try to shoot for durian after that.

I swing by just now ard 10pm but it was closed <- durian stall.

Think we need to be there in the afternoon if go Dempsey cuz it is madness in the evening..

We down some snacks & maybe can top it up with durian lor...

hehe..

Guest Protoss

a bit OT liao, open a new thread please for makansutra

not that OT, changing venue of meetup.

TS -> Change venue pls ?

Guys & Gals,

Any suggestion of new new venue?

Guest jenvid

Geylang can look at the China girls charming the uncles while we're enjoying our durian! All those Stupid Old Man!!!

yah... but hor I dun want my car be spotted in Geylang neither even nor odd lane leh.... kekekeke...

Taxi ride somebody ? ;D ;D