• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Vifa Component Kit Question

Saw this on sale here http://sgsoundsystem.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4654

Anyone ever auditioned this set of Vifa speakers b4 ? Tweets remind me of dynaudio esotar type of size.

Drivers: XT19TD00-04 - 3" Flange

P17WJ-00-04 - 6.5" Mids

P1040345a.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest angela

It depends on the asking price. the P17 is not a high end driver from Vifa. their premium line is denoted by PL, and the PL comes in 18cm dimensions.. so you get PL18xxxxx.

the XT19 is a good tweeter with good dispersion characteristics. It came after teh original XT25TG which is used in numerous home audio speakers like Krell LAT series, Polk Audio, Sonus faber etc. BUT.. Vifa is actually the middle range of speakers from tympany. I would say these perform like the DT CL61 range, with a much better tweeter. crossover should be of better quality too. i'd put their performance in the range of $400 speakers in passive configuration. in active configuration i'd drop the mids for a better pair like the XG range of mids which are the same range as the tweeter. anything better, and you would typically pair a lower end scan speak tweeter with the Vifa PL mids.

above that, pair a scan speak tweeter with a scan speak midbass, and you are now talking serious high end performance. if you have the budget, the scan speak revelator range is the logical choice. they compare with the SEAS lotus range, and focal utopia BE.

SEAS mids are good, but not everyone likes them. Focals please lots of people. I am very impresed by their tweeters. unker's TLR is still amazing after all this time, and i would rank it higher than the Be at teh risk of offending some people, but hey, these are just my opinions.

Guest kepiting1sg

It depends on the asking price. the P17 is not a high end driver from Vifa. their premium line is denoted by PL, and the PL comes in 18cm dimensions.. so you get PL18xxxxx.

the XT19 is a good tweeter with good dispersion characteristics. It came after teh original XT25TG which is used in numerous home audio speakers like Krell LAT series, Polk Audio, Sonus faber etc. BUT.. Vifa is actually the middle range of speakers from tympany. I would say these perform like the DT CL61 range, with a much better tweeter. crossover should be of better quality too. i'd put their performance in the range of $400 speakers in passive configuration. in active configuration i'd drop the mids for a better pair like the XG range of mids which are the same range as the tweeter. anything better, and you would typically pair a lower end scan speak tweeter with the Vifa PL mids.

above that, pair a scan speak tweeter with a scan speak midbass, and you are now talking serious high end performance. if you have the budget, the scan speak revelator range is the logical choice. they compare with the SEAS lotus range, and focal utopia BE.

SEAS mids are good, but not everyone likes them. Focals please lots of people. I am very impresed by their tweeters. unker's TLR is still amazing after all this time, and i would rank it higher than the Be at teh risk of offending some people, but hey, these are just my opinions.

I have waiting for you to comment.

Finally the Vifa guru speaks.....wahahahah! ;D ;D ;D

I am sad that not many appreciate the JMLab/Focal Utopia Audiom TLR tweets. :( :( :(

I used to have 5 pieces of them.

Last year I sold one set over eBay to a guy in Canada. :(:(:(

Looks like my remaining set or actually 3 pieces of them (1 for spare), I will have to sell them on eBay. :(:(:(

tlr.jpg

tlrb.jpg

Thank you vifa guru for your enlightening post. Geezus man I better do some more research on speakers. Didn't even know vifa was the 'midrange' brand. I must say I really like the scanspeak revelators but because I didn't plan on stretching the budget that far, they were dropped from serious consideration and I ended up getting a pair of DLS instead. Dang must listen to your cars to let more poison seep in.

wah liao unker you have 5 sets!! OMG. :slayer:

Guest kepiting1sg

wah liao unker you have 5 sets!! OMG. :slayer:

No lah! Not 5 sets but 5 pieces!

Sold 2 pieces over eBay last year to a Canadian.

Got time, I will put up my remaining 3 pieces over eBay for sale. :-*

o lah! Not 5 sets but 5 pieces!

Sold 2 pieces over eBay last year to a Canadian.

Got time, I will put up my remaining 3 pieces over eBay for sale.

Hmmm... ok let me clear some comic books, raise some serious cash and see if I can afford to grab hahahaha..

;)

Guest angela

kepiting1sg ]

W124NOOB ]

the XT19 is a good tweeter with good dispersion characteristics. It came after teh original XT25TG which is used in numerous home audio speakers like Krell LAT series, Polk Audio, Sonus faber etc. BUT.. Vifa is actually the middle range of speakers from tympany. I would say these perform like the DT CL61 range, with a much better tweeter. crossover should be of better quality too. i' wrote:

I have waiting for you to comment.

Finally the Vifa guru speaks.....wahahahah! wrote:

The TLR is really something special. The size is theonly deterrent. my other R2904 was also so big and difficult to install, hence the swap to the alpine #F1 versions. the new focal BE tweet is also damned solid. extension is soo nice, decay also very natural. :)