• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

How long can our stock tyres 17" last?

Guest Icez

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nightfly

Depending on which stock tyres you have - different models have different wear characteristics. Also depending on how you keep them properly inflated, driving style, road conditions, etc.

From experience, CSC3 lasted me about 40-45k.Current ride is on stock Yokohama Advans which I believe have a faster wear rate so I reckon 30k.

Rubber compound tends to harden over time so make sure to do spot checks esp if tyres have been mounted for over 2 years. Maintaining the correct pressure will ensure tyre wear is minimal.

Guest kepiting1sg
Rubber compound tends to harden over time so make sure to do spot checks esp if tyres have been mounted for over 2 years. Maintaining the correct pressure will ensure tyre wear is minimal.

U are very rite!

Tyres hardened over time esp. after 2 years.

2 times I experienced tyre exploded for my Prado due to hardened rubber.

Both time lucky, I managed to pull safely to the side of the road.

Guest joey2003

Just changed my tyres recently for my 2006 W203 C180ML Sports edition... The previous tyres were around 2009/2010 (I think :P)..

Due to the "staggered" wheel arrangement for the Sports model, I now have Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 in the front (225/45/R17) and Pirelli P Zero Rosso MO (MO stands for Mercedes spec version) at the rear (245/40/R17)... It's was quite tough to find the rear 17" tyres...

Really can feel the difference between FRESH tires and "hardened" tires...

I really advise all bros and sisters to change their tyres before they harden... not just for comfort, but most importantly... due to SAFETY...

Just changed my tyres recently for my 2006 W203 C180ML Sports edition... The previous tyres were around 2009/2010 (I think :P)..

Due to the "staggered" wheel arrangement for the Sports model, I now have Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 in the front (225/45/R17) and Pirelli P Zero Rosso MO (MO stands for Mercedes spec version) at the rear (245/40/R17)... It's was quite tough to find the rear 17" tyres...

I really advise all bros and sisters to change their tyres before they harden... not just for comfort, but most importantly... due to SAFETY...

Good on you man! Always nice to ride on fresh rubber! :lol:

Guest joey2003

Haha.. yes bro! Also changed my front shock absorbers and new brake rotors and brake pads... car feels NEW!! :lol: Got the Bilstein B4 from Tye Soon in the end.. haha..

Guest hatch

Not advisable to mix different tires if you are an aggressive driver.

Guest joey2003

Not advisable to mix different tires if you are an aggressive driver.

Thanks for the advice bro.. I'm not an aggressive driver.. :)

Guest hkhamateur

Haha.. yes bro! Also changed my front shock absorbers and new brake rotors and brake pads... car feels NEW!! :lol: Got the Bilstein B4 from Tye Soon in the end.. haha..

Wa...spent $$$?? Nicz...Modd king wil like it. :silly:

My rear CSC3 255/35/R18 v soon. 15K km finished, frt just got it changed by StarBlack. :whistle:

Btw bro, can pm me the damage fr the B4? Kam Sia! :)

Guest joey2003

Wa...spent $$$?? Nicz...Modd king wil like it. :silly:

My rear CSC3 255/35/R18 v soon. 15K km finished, frt just got it changed by StarBlack. :whistle:

Btw bro, can pm me the damage fr the B4? Kam Sia! :)

PM you already bro! :)

• 1 month later...

Just changed my tyres recently for my 2006 W203 C180ML Sports edition... The previous tyres were around 2009/2010 (I think :P).. Due to the "staggered" wheel arrangement for the Sports model, I now have Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 in the front (225/45/R17) and Pirelli P Zero Rosso MO (MO stands for Mercedes spec version) at the rear (245/40/R17)... It's was quite tough to find the rear 17" tyres...Really can feel the difference between FRESH tires and "hardened" tires...I really advise all bros and sisters to change their tyres before they harden... not just for comfort, but most importantly... due to SAFETY...

mine is Hankook V12, front 225/45R17 and rear 245/40R17, so far so good.

sis, mind pm me ur damage and where u bought those tyres.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...