• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Battery change after how many year of usage ?

Guest Klass B

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mvdennis
hello guys,

Just curious....

after how many years of usage then you change your car battery ?

Mine 51 months liao... still ar bo change haha...

regards

wah ... so good meh? Merc battery is different from others huh :huh:

Guest mvdennis
better change before kaput...coz so much trouble after change batt must still computer reset.....

would you know what's the expected life span of the battery? 5 years, 3 years ... or?

Guest Klass B
better change before kaput...coz so much trouble after change batt must still computer reset.....

yeah.... will change this weekend

happy that it can last this long... but having this fear that it will die off without warning... haha

Guest mvdennis

happy that it can last this long... but having this fear that it will die off without warning... haha

hey mate could you share the cost of replacement and where you did it?

Guest knighthunter

I believe B Class is using Varta maintenance free battery, i drove my B class for 3 years never even once changing the battery it was stark contrast with Mazda 6 the battery will die after 12 - 15 months.

I believe BClass battery last long due to its location far away from engine bay and not exposed to heat. Now my current C class battery is in engine bay even well insulated I guess it will not last as long as older merc when the battery is located in the boot.

Guest mvdennis
I believe B Class is using Varta maintenance free battery, i drove my B class for 3 years never even once changing the battery it was stark contrast with Mazda 6 the battery will die after 12 - 15 months.

I believe BClass battery last long due to its location far away from engine bay and not exposed to heat. Now my current C class battery is in engine bay even well insulated I guess it will not last as long as older merc when the battery is located in the boot.

oh i see so it's a typical 'standard' battery? someone told me that mercs uses different type of batteries ... feel like a fool now to have trusted him. LOL!

yes it's really scary when the car battery is in the engine bay ... none of my batteries in the Jag lasted more than 15 months ... and the stupidest thing i did on the last battery was to wrap it with heat foil (thinking it would keep heat out) but turned out to be worse because it was effectively baking the battrery and trapping heat within the battery!!!!

That one lasted just 8 months.

:sick::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Guest Klass B

hey mate could you share the cost of replacement and where you did it?

finally did the change today after 4 years & 3 months at arrow tyres... using Bosch S5 same specification as original.

Got a very reasonable price too as i had change my tyres with them too...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...