• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

I broke my side rear mirror....

Guest morganoh

Guest morganoh

I had stick one of the $2 round wide angle mirror on my both my side rear mirror.

But I do not like the original position that I had stick on, so I try to remove the round wide angle mirror by pulling it off, when I pull, the left door side rear mirror broke... (never have any problems with my previous 3 cars)

The C200 (W204) mirrors are so thin, and it breaks easily.

So I had to replace the mirror and call C&C, MBM and my friends workshop.

It cost $280(C&C) and $190(MBM) and $158(friends shop).

Now I have to pay hundreds of dollars to replace the side mirror just becos of a $2 wide angle mirror.

Lucky I did not damage the Right door Side rear mirror, cos it cost around $1200 :o for the Right door one, the reason is the Right side rear mirror is an anti dazzle mirror so its 6 times more expensive.

Heng I only broke the left side........ ;D

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro, i think there is a Indian Glass/Mirror shop along Balestier rd which can replace it too. Actual adress i dont know but is before the turning to TTSH and Pheonix Park.

Guest kepiting1sg

I had stick one of the $2 round wide angle mirror on my both my side rear mirror.

But I do not like the original position that I had stick on, so I try to remove the round wide angle mirror by pulling it off, when I pull, the left door side rear mirror broke... (never have any problems with my previous 3 cars)

The C200 (W204) mirrors are so thin, and it breaks easily.

So I had to replace the mirror and call C&C, MBM and my friends workshop.

It cost $280(C&C) and $190(MBM) and $158(friends shop).

Now I have to pay hundreds of dollars to replace the side mirror just becos of a $2 wide angle mirror.

Lucky I did not damage the Right door Side rear mirror, cos it cost around $1200 :o for the Right door one, the reason is the Right side rear mirror is an anti dazzle mirror so its 6 times more expensive.

Heng I only broke the left side........ ;D

Why not gip Propel a call and check with them whether they have a "good used one".

PROPEL AUTO PARTS PTE LTD

No. 28, Kranji Road

Singapore 739467

Sales : (65) 6368 1686, (65) 6367 0886

Office : (65) 6269 0250

Good Luck!

Bro, i think there is a Indian Glass/Mirror shop along Balestier rd which can replace it too. Actual adress i dont know but is before the turning to TTSH and Pheonix Park.

that indian shop will only fix in a normal glass for you...but the one on our side mirrors are specially fabricated to view a further so everything appears smaller. so if u fix a normal glass, everything appears larger and it does not view very far.

i know cos i broke mine last time. :P but heng it was a jap car then, so fixing back the original one cost <$100.

fyi....