• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Why You Should Never Speed Beyond Your Ability

g8crasher

Russian video of a W124 and an E30 cruising at a fast speed on the highway. Both seem to be friends. Watch the E30 when it suddenly shoots past the W124.

Please educate yourself RESPONSIBLY. We here at sgmerc.com cannot stress that point enough!

Flesh and Bone vs Metal = Kebab

This is the aftermath of the E30 crash

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed with you Bro Homer, It take alots more to race or speed even if your heart and mind can take it, there is many more parts of the cars need to take into consider.Plus, Your passager,other road user,your family,they're family so on and on.... Pls dont speed beond your abilities.

Guest angela

i say that thank advancement for giving us 11 dual stage airbags, crumple zones, near indestructible Mercedes metal, abs, esp and bas. modern technology can make crashes safer, but it still cant save ur life if you go over the limit.

question is, how do u really know the limit of ur ability?

Guest angela

i guess the Bimmer driver and friend already :-X

no wonder meetup we always stay away from the BMWs....

we should go over and promote our HIGH SAFETY RATINGS... in exchange for some speed tips and boosts from them... ;)

Guest speckie1

i say that thank advancement for giving us 11 dual stage airbags, crumple zones, near indestructible Mercedes metal, abs, esp and bas. modern technology can make crashes safer, but it still cant save ur life if you go over the limit.

question is, how do u really know the limit of ur ability?

i recommend a basic defensive driving course, followed by an advanced driving course. some of these local courses include track time.

if anyone's really keen to race, there are many overseas courses that offer seat time in actual race cars, and those can give a sense of one's abilities and understanding about racing lines and speeding in a controlled situation.

that said, i'm particularly envious about bmw's driving courses. c&c should offer equivalent for merc owners too, methinks.

Guest Cklasse

C&C organises such driving courses too, at a price of course.

I went for the Active Safety Driving experience in 2004 (at $210 per participant).

There was one driving course in Stuttgart that cost 700euro (you make your own way there and pay your hotel) and 1 or 2 years back, there was a driving course plus AMG experience (in AMG SLK) in Sepang that cost $2000 (sama....you make own way there and pay your hotel).

It's a matter of money if you want the course.

Sorry, I think is the mental not the skill problem of the racer Lips sealed.

I think you need a combination of both. Knowing the way your car behaves at 190km/h and compensating for weight transfer due to sudden movement or wrong braking technique is an acquired skill.

A 300++ bhp machine fall in the hand of a track racer ,he will never push it above the road limit , but a 135bhp machine fall on a un sense person will sure to push till the engine produce white smoke... ;D

A 300++ bhp machine fall in the hand of a track racer ,he will never push it above the road limit , but a 135bhp machine fall on a un sense person will sure to push till the engine produce white smoke...

Haha very true

i guess the Bimmer driver and friend already :-X

no wonder meetup we always stay away from the BMWs....

bro, i won't agree with you. Every car club would have some stupid people do stupid thing. Even our Merc meetup, i do see such behaviour too so it is not just Bimmer or BMW. There are many nice BMW people whom are very considerate too.

We stay away was because the place too crowded and not because of BMW.

Agreed, like i say ,is the 'brain' not the car,club or uncle and aunty :P

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Just want to add on...never speed beyond your ability!

It's very easy to floor it... but if something happens.. can you think fast & avoid situation?

The 3 Porsches (some young) that were involve in the accident, they were racing on the NS highway at 200 plus...& bcoz of them, they have make a bad name to PCS! Now the convoy leader is in deep water!

To those young & new drivers here, my suggestion is, take up some driving courses, example BMW advance driving clinic.

They will teach you all the basics, like how to brake on wet surface, emergency braking, salom etc. After you've 'pass' the advance, you can do the 'intensive course'. So learn to 'avoid' first, before you wanna drive high speed. My 2 cents

Guest Otsego

Just want to add on...never speed beyond your ability!

It's very easy to floor it... but if something happens.. can you think fast & avoid situation?

The 3 Porsches (some young) that were involve in the accident, they were racing on the NS highway at 200 plus...& bcoz of them, they have make a bad name to PCS! Now the convoy leader is in deep water!

To those young & new drivers here, my suggestion is, take up some driving courses, example BMW advance driving clinic.

They will teach you all the basics, like how to brake on wet surface, emergency braking, salom etc. After you've 'pass' the advance, you can do the 'intensive course'. So learn to 'avoid' first, before you wanna drive high speed. My 2 cents

i did consider the advance driving courses but the price a bit :-\

oooh this one famous clip. BMW M5 vs Audi RS6.

I am still in awe of the RS6. Ok back to the danger talk. :P

Yeah these Russian fellas are nuts. Total disregard for others (esp the rich folk) coz they think they can get away with anything.

If you follow the Gumball 3000 series, there was a TechArt Porsche 911 that crashed into a VW Golf driven by 2 old folks in Macedonia (I think). The male died instantly, the lady died in hospital. The car was driven by a 30 year old Briton and his similarly aged partner. They tried to escape from the law and hitched a ride in a fellow competitors' BMW but got caught by the cops.

Irresponsible buggers.

oooh this one famous clip. BMW M5 vs Audi RS6.

I am still in awe of the RS6. Ok back to the danger talk. :P

Yeah these Russian fellas are nuts. Total disregard for others (esp the rich folk) coz they think they can get away with anything.

If you follow the Gumball 3000 series, there was a TechArt Porsche 911 that crashed into a VW Golf driven by 2 old folks in Macedonia (I think). The male died instantly, the lady died in hospital. The car was driven by a 30 year old Briton and his similarly aged partner. They tried to escape from the law and hitched a ride in a fellow competitors' BMW but got caught by the cops.

Irresponsible buggers.

Talking about "GumBall 3000 Series" heard that Cannonball 8000 Series is coming to Singapore next year!!

they start from Singapore to KL, Penang, last stop BKK!!

Guest angela

made a deal with my sponsor in oct last year. if i can lose 25kg by oct 08, i'll get $2500 in cash. which is enough to cover pml's bmw advanced & intensive driving training course. wish me all the best...

btw, any1 wanna join me?

Join you in getting the $2500 from your sponsor ??? ??? Bro,go for it,you sure can make it as age is the main factor in losting kg.For me too old for 25kg target,hopefully beer belly smaller happy liao.

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

made a deal with my sponsor in oct last year. if i can lose 25kg by oct 08, i'll get $2500 in cash. which is enough to cover pml's bmw advanced & intensive driving training course. wish me all the best...

btw, any1 wanna join me?

Whats this sponsor about?

Guest angela

Whats this sponsor about?

my sponsor is my old man, who wants to see me lose some weight, so gimme motivation at the same time...

gotta lose weight, if not for the course, not for myself, den for him.