• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My W124 Facelift!

Guest mercw124

Guest mercw124

Hey Guys!

Have completed more or less my exterior facelift of my w124!

Internally I had changed my original blaupunkt to a pioneer disk changer with a steering wheel remote control!

Here goes the external shots! What do you think? Trying to preserve the original look of the car while making it newer - new headlights, signals, tail lights, glass tint etc.

03032008176.jpg

03032008175.jpg

03032008177.jpg

01032008094.jpg

Cheers!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mercw124

Nope..Desmond isn't selling his in the end - I had my tail lights and front signal lights imported from ebay again..

When did you see my car at marina sq? I'm usually there quite often =D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mercw124

Wow, a truly amazing facelift ::)

mercw124 - Did you get your headlights from eBay and which model fits ?

Hope this will pass LTA checks... =p

LTA will definitely pass it - the headlights are just the crystal clear version and not the projector or HID type.

Tints are also within legal requirements so I'm not too worried too!

As for the grille - can't possibly fault me - had sent it in the other time and it passed! =p

Anyway, all my facelift parts were obtained from Ebay. What do you mean by "which model fits"? Didnt really catch ya there! :P

Guest mercw124

Haha - definitely won't be selling it anytime soon man! :-X

And...my car has NOT been resprayed yet at all!

It was just waxed, polished and detailed lots and lots of times by me! :P

Well, I do hope more people outside do appreciate an old marque like the W124 and not put it down instantly by saying it's an old piece of junk generally! ;D

Any idea where I might be able to get door sills?

Am trying to source for them!

I got my aftermarket one's off eBay. You can follow us down to Propel this Saturday 29th March if you like as we're going there for a small shopping trip.

Guest angela
Guest mercw124

Ebay doesn't sell the door sills anymore for the W124 as I had checked :(

Only the one with blue lights are available.

Anyway tussils, everything you see on my car was bought on ebay from this guy called breakparts.

Will upload some photos of my interior soon but for now you can view his online listings on what he's offering!

Would say he's a very reliable seller - things are reasonable and if you were to email him directly, he'd give you a slightly better price should you get multiple items at the same time! Saves on shipping costs too.

For eg - only paid $95.00 for my tail lights, front signal lights and shipping. Completed payment on a Sunday and items were out on Monday with me receiving them on Wednesday - DIYed immediately!:)

Link to his listings is http://stores.ebay.com/MotorParts07

Let me know if you need help all right?

Guest angela

Hi mercw124,

1) Maybe you can find your door sills here ?

http://www.carshine.com.au/index.htm?http://www.carshine.com.au/Mercedes%20E-Klasse%20W124%20Accessories.htm

2) Does this headlight model fit a 94' W124 16v ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-95-Mercedes-W124-300E-400E-500E-Head-Corner-Lights_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQihZ023QQitemZ360037929465

Just worried if it cannot fit, Why ? and is there a workshop to recommend for modification ?

Thanks !

EL door sills still can be bought online if not go to BKK and buy!!

for the headlights tussills88 , from the pics it shows like can be used for yr 93 onwards, means FL can!!

try yahoo classifieds they also have all these for sales!!

but i'll still say best go BKK and buy hehehehe

Guest mercw124

hey Tussils - the lights can fit your w124, otherwise if it doesn't, all you have to do is hammer the bonnet area which covers the corner of the headlights a little inwards and it'll fit! :)

BKK - fly there to get the sills not very worth it you know..=x

AMG exhaust trying to get a gd deal - keltanky, does your w124 have one? :)

Guest milk15

Wow, a truly amazing facelift ::)

mercw124 - Did you get your headlights from eBay and which model fits ?

Hope this will pass LTA checks... =p

No need go till Ebay....... I have it.......... ;D