• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W211 Brake Question

g8crasher

W211 owners help me out here. Friend's W211 is exhibiting juddering + noise when braking. MBM suspects SBC failure. Anyone been through the same situation ? Friend is not sure if his car is PI or C&C. If PI, SBC replacement is $10k+ ?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest four_eggs

your friend will need to go back to C&C as there's a worldwide recall on the faulty SBC system. lots of accidents in europe as there was no brake. according to reliable sources, C&C will replace cars from both C&C and PI. then they will claim the repair charges from HQ. my 2003 w211 (from C&C) had this probem and C&C replaced the whole SBC system even after 4 yrs 9 mths of usage. that's why i changed to the latest W211 for safety reasons.

regards, allen

W211 owners help me out here. Friend's W211 is exhibiting juddering + noise when braking. MBM suspects SBC failure. Anyone been through the same situation ? Friend is not sure if his car is PI or C&C. If PI, SBC replacement is $10k+ ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest four_eggs

excellent. pass the word around. all pre-facelift W211 should go back to C&C to claim the waranty for SBC. its FREE.

allen

yup, i just change my SBC for FOC at cycle. save me a fortune

Guest XXXCobraXXX

Hi guys, when u say noise, does it sound like spring creaking? I asking this because whenever I step on brakes or the foot brake, there seems to a creaking sound like that of an old spring pulling and retracting. Allen did mention this to me when I got the twin exhuast from him but I dun know if this is wat he means as at that time, I did not notice it. Care to confirm this?

Guest four_eggs

bro, it could be your brake pad or disc due for replacement. you will see SBC RED warning lights if the SBC brake system is faulty.

allen

Hi guys, when u say noise, does it sound like spring creaking? I asking this because whenever I step on brakes or the foot brake, there seems to a creaking sound like that of an old spring pulling and retracting. Allen did mention this to me when I got the twin exhuast from him but I dun know if this is wat he means as at that time, I did not notice it. Care to confirm this?