• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Pump Prices increase by 4 cents!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest m1122

Hey don't complain too much yet 'cos some so-called oil industry experts NOW FORECASTING that crude oil may hit USD200/barrel...........wah lau if this happens full tank for my W204 will cost like S$250/tank??

::)

Insert Quote

Think i'll drve my Vito more...

I wish they'd change the diesel laws here!!! Dammit TDI/CDI is so advanced, cleaner and efficient now... in fact I think it's even better than petrol tech in some cases!! For all our economic advancements, surely the green tech has to be embraced sooner!!

Guest kopimonster

To me, as long as u wanna drive in singapore, dun complain abt the increase of fuel price.

quite true, problem is not so much on fuel prices, i suppose drivers are experiencing the same problem worldwide.

problem is...our cars are costing a few times more than most countries in asia, europe and america... :P

Guest narmi

read somewhere that they are changing the laws on diesel cars, but the changes very minute that it doesnt make much money sense for us to buy it ah..

If the petrol tax goes to maybe 1K or something, that might make me change to the new Lexus 6L diesel ah! (forgot the model of the car)

Apparently, got like 1000 torque on that beast or something! make much more sense since every 300 metres there's a traffic light!

• 2 weeks later...

Damn!!!

I should have pump in Petrol yesterday morning instead of evening!!!

hmmm must convert to either CNG or diesel!!

hmmm B170 NGT or C220 CDI!! hmmm wonder who will bring in CDI for private passenger!! C&C or PI??

but heard VW is going to start bringing in Diesel cars to sell for private use!!

Guest kopimonster

juz sharing....caught fifth gear on tv last night....it appears that you can substitute diesel with vegie/organic oil!!! they tested it on an old diesel-engined merc and it works!!! amazing.....

Guest m1122

juz sharing....caught fifth gear on tv last night....it appears that you can substitute diesel with vegie/organic oil!!! they tested it on an old diesel-engined merc and it works!!! amazing.....

I was a salesman in the chemical industry @25 yrs ago....can use many types or organic solvents instead of petrol and can use up to 60% pertrol 40% substitute. But there was ROV law back then which not many people do not know about ........law says you must pump duty paid petrol in SG........something like cannot bring smokes into SG today.

So want to try anything is possible but just don't get caught.........if suay suay and this law is still in place (not sure since 25 yrs ago) and gov make example of you........kenna jail, license revoked........etc etc.

You think Gov will willingly lose tax revenue?? ;D

Another solution, join the Malacca drive this Sat 22 nd March, upon return, you fuel consumption should be lower by 15% or more ... Dont believe ??? Ask jenvid or Protoss ;) ;D

Guest kopimonster

I was a salesman in the chemical industry @25 yrs ago....can use many types or organic solvents instead of petrol and can use up to 60% pertrol 40% substitute. But there was ROV law back then which not many people do not know about ........law says you must pump duty paid petrol in SG........something like cannot bring smokes into SG today.

So want to try anything is possible but just don't get caught.........if suay suay and this law is still in place (not sure since 25 yrs ago) and gov make example of you........kenna jail, license revoked........etc etc.

You think Gov will willingly lose tax revenue?? ;D

well, i am not suprise its still in place lor, no matter which direction we are going, greener environment or wat not, they will always wan a slice of the cake...the only diff is...how thick a slice nia... ;D

Guest jenvid

I think we are all blinded in the fuel prices here...

The reality of $per barrel is everyone is hoarding crude pushing the price, the oil brokers are having their field day. Just look at the number oil terminals at the southern islands. In you are marine biz, u will know how many companies are hoarding crude using all possible means. Even the VLCCs are mobile storage.

If you look at OPEC and world oil consumption, there aint no real increase significant consumption over the past year but $ per barrel has doubled. Madness...

The other thing abt diesel.. The true price of diesel is actually just marginally cheaper than petrol. It is the tax structure here that has jaded our views. Go look downunder or Europe. It is probably 10cts cheaper or less.

The advancement of petrol engine has also significantly up the km/l. Gone are the days mileage of diesel doubles that of petrol. Probably closer to 40% in real world if you are driving the new merc 1.8l supercharge engine block.

However in city driving, I believe the mileage from diesel will improve. However diesel exhaust really stinks. Imagine the whole CBD stinks of diesel exhaust...

Guest Raskie

However in city driving, I believe the mileage from diesel will improve. However diesel exhaust really stinks. Imagine the whole CBD stinks of diesel exhaust...

hmmm not true leh ... infact diesel exhaust smells like vanilla powder .... ::)

Guest angela

The other thing abt diesel.. The true price of diesel is actually just marginally cheaper than petrol. It is the tax structure here that has jaded our views. Go look downunder or Europe. It is probably 10cts cheaper or less.

The advancement of petrol engine has also significantly up the km/l. Gone are the days mileage of diesel doubles that of petrol. Probably closer to 40% in real world if you are driving the new merc 1.8l supercharge engine block.

topgear confirmed this... what to do...

Does anyone here lifestyles has been affected due to the FOREVER FUEL INCREASE?

yes... if not i would be driving "something to call my own" by now...