• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Koni FSD with Eibach Pro vs Bilstein PSS9

Guest ultor

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest angela

well one set is springs + shocks while the other are coilovers. they are different things, depends on what you want. being able to control the ride height, dampening, etc... or just lower the car. also the price for coilovers are usually more expensive.

Guest CBlack

i've previously checked the price of koni FSD. it cost 2K++ i understand that the FSD shock is adaptive ie it will adjust accordingly to road condition. i think this is similar to the W204 adility control.

Guest ultor

Latest price check on FSD is about 1500 with wheel alignment... I heard it is more for comfort, but not hearing too many feedbacks yet... Most people are using Bilstein? I heard it is more for racing, different category, stiffer...

Guest ian511

If i wanted to get bilsteins, where could i get it at a good price and is the PSS9 the only model i should look for? i'm driving a w209 with 20" rims. the ride is currently pretty hard already. pls advice, as i have absolutely no clue on the diff kind of suspensions. thanks!!

Guest ultor

I last checked with MBM early this month and they said current/latest model for benz was PSS9.

PSS9 was about $3150 with coilover, suspension about $1625? Not sure if that's the best price.

PSS9 + 20 wheel ? You are sure not looking for comfort.

Guest hoyas

If i wanted to get bilsteins, where could i get it at a good price and is the PSS9 the only model i should look for? i'm driving a w209 with 20" rims. the ride is currently pretty hard already. pls advice, as i have absolutely no clue on the diff kind of suspensions. thanks!!

I fitted Bilstein B8 sports shocks with Eibach ProKit springs (with 19" rims). Improves handling and cornering stability and yet still quite comfortable. PSS9, from what I've heard, is very hard and would be better suited to people who take their cars to the track, since the stiffness is adjustable. For normal everyday driving, you don't really need coilovers (PSS9) IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ian511

hoyas ]

If i wanted to get bilsteins, where could i get it at a good price and is the PSS9 the only model i should look for? i' wrote:

I fitted Bilstein B8 sports shocks with Eibach ProKit springs (with 19" rims). Improves handling and cornering stability and yet still quite comfortable. PSS9, from what I've heard, is very hard and would be better suited to people who take their cars to the track, since the stiffness is adjustable. For normal everyday driving, you don't really need coilovers (PSS9) IMO.

Any idea how much it would cost? i'll prob check with MBM to see if they could bring it in. See what kelvin has to advice. anyway, thanks for the advice! will give feedback after i install it.