• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SGMERC 26th February 2008 Meetup Pics

keltanky

Driving - experience & amount of time driving on the road

Racing or speeding - you need skill and proper training

Even before that pls read up car dynamics, weight transfers, car setups and most importantly go horn your driving skills on a big screen using Gran Turismo 4. If you can get the P license, you have learnt the fundamentals... no joke. This game is the best simulator ard. Even the F1 drivers are training on them. Check Lewis Hamilton, the BMW Sauber team.

It saved me twice from some serious repairs bills.

You only have 1 life.

That's why I only race RC cars...cheaper also hor.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I only race RC cars...cheaper also hor.

jenvid, you race RC cars? was thinking of joining the new group that just opened in ngee ann 1 year ago... bro this sat gimme some basics i needa know about it?

Guest desmond w124

hey 2 mercie 2, yup, im the one, how to race?? ur friend evo damn fast lah, haha, anyway most probably i changing car liao, this ride cannot already, damn slow, drive till i pek chek ah...

Guest 2 Mercie 2

that evo is crazy fast... i admit. my that group of friends are condemned. when you guys drove off... they were VERY disappointed... like missed the opportunity. haha ;) anyway, what car are you targeting? :P

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

If it helps ram home the message :

Yours truly was involved in a not so good incident some years back as a student.

Friend and I used to love driving down this ulu windy road in a Perth suburb. One evening after having just lowered the car, we decided to attack the stretch at around 9pm. First corner was a nice sweeper. Just as I was clearing it, I noticed my friend's headlights disappearing from my side mirror. Next thing you know I am seeing this huge pillow of dust in my rear view mirror.

U turned back to the scene and saw friend's vehicle overturned with the stereo still blasting. Thank God he crawled out alive with only a few scratches. Next morning, we saw the real state of the car when it was towed to the wrecking yard. A pillar was so badly crushed, I don't know how he got out alive. BTW, the car was brand new, barely 2 mths old.

Moral of the story - don't try to be a hero. Take your heroics onto the track. It's much more fun and doesn't endanger other people's lives. You'll never know who is crossing the road at 3am on any given day and location.

Wow, i'm glad God is on your friends's side, glad everyone's ok!! You're right about 'racing' on S'pore road, please do it on the track. Nowadays, so many news regarding speeding accident, some are very young...sad!

Anyway, let's get back on the topic! ;)

Guest speckie1

err.. can lah.

can also go direct via Rosalind, but I can do that for SGMerc if we have real interest :)

Anyhow, 20 000 RM, means if we have 60 cars, then it'll be about 333RM per person.

dun call senior so old la, hehehe

last week just celebrate my 27 birthday only. ;) ;)

damnnnn, if u r only 27, then i'm 17 lah & i weigh 70kg. all must minus 20 something. no go big school so no no how to calculate. hahahahaha

hey 2 mercie 2, yup, im the one, how to race?? ur friend evo damn fast lah, haha, anyway most probably i changing car liao, this ride cannot already, damn slow, drive till i pek chek ah...

hmmm exhaust give me la, when changing car... hehehehe

anyway, our car dun have high HP how to play play with rex/evos... and your rims 18 liao, sure lagi heavier!

but if you really learn how to control your right foot, you will know you are able to play with civic!!!

remember control right foot(see initial D) :P

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

err.. can lah.

can also go direct via Rosalind, but I can do that for SGMerc if we have real interest :)

Anyhow, 20 000 RM, means if we have 60 cars, then it'll be about 333RM per person.

I think very difficult for us to get 60 cars. Think maybe join others.

Guest desmond w124

2 mercie 2

u see one of us driving a musso right?? actually he drive a rex, i think u guys see his car b4, blue colour wan, anyway im looking for a civic 1.8 i-vtec currently... see when i see u there then we have a chat loh...

Guest 2 Mercie 2

hmmm exhaust give me la, when changing car... hehehehe

anyway, our car dun have high HP how to play play with rex/evos... and your rims 18 liao, sure lagi heavier!

but if you really learn how to control your right foot, you will know you are able to play with civic!!!

remember control right foot(see initial D) :P

agree kel.... lagi heavier, lagi slower! see rex/evos, i hide one corner :P

Guest SgLaKsa

2 mercie 2,

I think i can link you to my another club forum where there is plenty of CL7R,DC5R and Turbo CM5.Interested?

Interested interested!!!!! ;D

hey 2 mercie 2 :D

were you the one at ubi sticker shop doing the black sticker on your slk's top that night?

Guest 2 Mercie 2

2 mercie 2

u see one of us driving a musso right?? actually he drive a rex, i think u guys see his car b4, blue colour wan, anyway im looking for a civic 1.8 i-vtec currently... see when i see u there then we have a chat loh...

that musso is BIG! ;D hmmmm.. blue colour rex? does he go to tuas for race? i saw a group of rex last sunday at tuas. if so, i might see him there tonight. okay... see you soon at yishun dam :P we can chit chat bout cars.

Guest 2 Mercie 2

were you the one at ubi sticker shop doing the black sticker on your slk's top that night?

ah SgLaKsa! you were there?! oh!! you drove a sliver slk down to change your car plate is it? heh... johnson there is like my second home.... i'm always there ha-ha-ha ;)

Guest SgLaKsa

2 Mercie 2 ]

were you the one at ubi sticker shop doing the black sticker on your slk' wrote:

ah SgLaKsa! you were there?! oh!! you drove a sliver slk down to change your car plate is it? heh... johnson there is like my second home.... i'm always there ha-ha-ha ;)

hahaha so it was really you ah! yup i was the one who went to change my licence plate as they had increased the fine to $1000, phew... thats a lot for a fancy plate man. actually i wanted to tell you about this forum and its monthly meet up but afraid that your boyfriend might not be happy :-\ keke

Guest 2 Mercie 2

hahaha so it was really you ah! yup i was the one who went to change my licence plate as they had increased the fine to $1000, phew... thats a lot for a fancy plate man. actually i wanted to tell you about this forum and its monthly meet up but afraid that your boyfriend might not be happy :-\ keke

i see i see. haha! anyway, he's not my boyfriend lar.... you didn't come for last sunday's meet up ah? i didn't see you there. hehe. i also just joined this forum ;D

Guest SgLaKsa

i see i see. haha! anyway, he's not my boyfriend lar.... you didn't come for last sunday's meet up ah? i didn't see you there. hehe. i also just joined this forum ;D

i attended the previous two but didn't go for the last one, you ppl had a great photo shoot this time man... missed it :( the other slk is your friend?? not many slk turn up normally, your slk looks cool... very nice rims babe :D mine is all stock :( hai... pocket no money ah keke ;)

Guest 2 Mercie 2

i attended the previous two but didn't go for the last one, you ppl had a great photo shoot this time man... missed it :( the other slk is your friend?? not many slk turn up normally, your slk looks cool... very nice rims babe :D mine is all stock :( hai... pocket no money ah keke ;)

the other slk is not my friend initially. so happen to see him at ard kfc carpark, so we went there tgt. and so sweet of you to say my slk looks cool. :) my pocket also got big hole.. my daddy don't wanna be my sponsorer arghs >:(

Guest 2 Mercie 2

ur daddy alrdy sponsor you a slk liao hor? so lucky.

errrrrrrr.... hehehehehe. ok. i'm contented. ::) SHOUT OUT: all SLKs, remember to come for GTG next month! :P (SgLaksa, doing you a favour hor) ;)