• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

1964 W113 230SL for Sale!

Guest millionmilebenz

Guest millionmilebenz

Fellow classic enthusiasts, someone's selling his '64 W113 SL!! I've heard that this model is a good "first project" for those who are keen on doing restoration on classic Mercs.

SY7405M_0.jpg

http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-26bIHVR-1000.html

From Wikipedia about the collector value of W113's...

Collectors

Today, the W 113 Pagoda is considered a highly desirable collectors car, with current values for the 280 SL suggesting that it is the most desirable of the three models. The 250 SL, being quite a bit rarer, is also popular with collectors who prefer the somewhat stiffer suspension and sportier feel of the earlier cars, but also appreciate the improved performance of the 2.5 liter engine, and the addition of rear disk brakes. The 230 SL is widely available, but demands a lower price due to the perception of lower performance from a smaller engine. Buyers of these vintage autos should look closely for rust, especially in the floors, trunk, and under the doors. These cars, while generally well cared for, are known for having rust problems. Replacement parts including engine, transmission, interior, and rust repair panels are readily available making restoration a viable alternative.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Niiiiice... unfortunately it's on classic car plates which means only 28 days of driving pleasure per year.

Trivia - The W113 was given a makeover by Pininfarina and unveiled to the public in 1964. It's got a real nice "sling back" roof type of look as opposed to the original square-ish one. Have a look here - http://www.ritzsite.net/230SLPF/01_SLPF.htm

I would consider doing the following :-

1) vintage wire wheels and whitewall tyres

2) complete retrim in tan leather

3) bilstein replacement shocks all around

4) respray in classic black with new chrome trimmings

280SL Pagoda for sale @ Autobahn - http://www.autobahn.com.sg/HTML/preowned.php?pageNum_Recordset1=2&totalRows_Recordset1=42

Is/Has anyone been a customer of Autobahn ? Oooh just noticed they've got a nice white W124 230TE and an R107 280SL for sale!

Guest millionmilebenz

Fellow classic enthusiasts, someone's selling his '64 W113 SL!! I've heard that this model is a good "first project" for those who are keen on doing restoration on classic Mercs.

Just checked back at sgcarmart and the car has been sold, within the day!! Now if that isn't a hot baby then what is?! :o :o :o

millionmilebenz ]

Fellow classic enthusiasts, someone' wrote:

Just checked back at sgcarmart and the car has been sold, within the day!! Now if that isn't a hot baby then what is?! :o :o :o

I wonder how much?

Guest millionmilebenz

I think it's anyone's guess how much that 230SL "Pagoda" sold for, or how much you can get for your car, Tony. It's an illiquid market and the buying/selling is all based on emotion rather than practical needs...

I think that W126 380SEC owner is also going by the same tactics (no price listed). :'(

• 3 months later...
Guest millionmilebenz

Wow that will be fantastic! Upz you just for the offer, bro!! :iconsalut:

Of course we do not want to impose on them, afterall they're running a business. May be we can visit during their low time? Certainly worth looking into... :thumbsup: