• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

ALL THOSE WITH EURO PLATES!!! LOOK OUT!!

keltanky

This is for ALL those with EURO plates!!

NEWS had reported the TP/LTA had declared that EURO plates are illegal!! be it with normal/euro fonts.

Fines up to $1000 or/even JAIL up to 3 months!!!

they even interviewed the Big boss of MRSign!!

he say most are German car owners esp BMWs and are mostly 20s to 30s.

say they wana to look different!!

wa lau earn some much $$$ from US and say like that!!! >:( >:(

hai will go change it back to normal plate later!!!, hmmm think will go for chrome liao!!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SgLaKsa

NEWS had reported the TP/LTA had declared that EURO plates are illegal!! be it with normal/euro fonts.

hai will go change it back to normal plate later!!!, hmmm think will go for chrome liao!!!

hehe me super fast action, my friend informed me about the news just now and i went to ubi and got it changed liao keke ;)

Guest SgLaKsa

Hey Kel,

Where did you hear this piece of news from?

Like that I have to really go change my number plate already man.

Chrome seems a good idea! =D

I saw it in the 10 o'clock news today (19 Feb)

Guest mercw124

Hey guys,

saw the news on Channelnewasia earlier already!

Must be because THEY are jealous for our love for Europe and not our so called fun and conducive place to live and stay in. =x

Just changed my car plates after hearing the news! Thankfully I kept a pair of spares in my trunk.

SGmerc guys - if you do have euro plates, get them changed back asap!

Hey guys,

saw the news on Channelnewasia earlier already!

Must be because THEY are jealous for our love for Europe and not our so called fun and conducive place to live and stay in. =x

Just changed my car plates after hearing the news! Thankfully I kept a pair of spares in my trunk.

SGmerc guys - if you do have euro plates, get them changed back asap!

i think TP had just had a COC, and maybe the new CO hmmmm so no choice very ON la esp on German cars actually hor, lots of Jap cars create lots of trouble for the plates lei!! got so many different versions!!! euro logo with SGP wordings!! sub logo/hyundai logo .....etc...

hai....... my place here got a sub with a sub logo plate, somemore yellow in front and White @ back!!

Guest SgLaKsa

keltanky ]

hehe me super fast action, my friend informed me about the news just now and i went to ubi and got it changed liao keke wrote:

they still open till so late meh??

i had also just changed it back to my normal fonts and backgnd laio!!

Ya lor, always so late leh. There are 2 shops in ubi in fact, both still open. I was there at around 9pm i think, got the plate in 20mins or so.

Saw an SLK there, owner getting her SLK's silver top pasted with black sticker, i think the owner (a young lady around age 20) wants to convert the look of her SLK's hard top into the look of a soft top ??? Wanted to inform her about sgmerc forum but afraid that her boyboy might not be happy

Guest mercw124

I personally think too its because of the ahbengs that are causing this - when the plates werent so common initially, it didnt cause much of a problem.

Well - maybe its a tell tale signal? You get the budget last week and now this hooha comes along - recouping back the give aways already..haha..=p

But better to be safe than sorry - change back to the original plates.

Kel, are chrome plates legal? That's the next question=x

Ya is illegal now with immediate effect.Had change mine from chrome to Euro tgan now back to the boring looking. bro's from Sgmerc, why dont someone come out with some idea for the nos plate or bracket which nice/special looking and most important LEGAL.

why dont someone come out with some idea for the nos plate or bracket which nice/special looking and most important LEGAL.

It has been discussed before but unfortunately we need a good order qty. :) Keep your fingers crossed!

Just switched number plates last night as a precautionary measure. Since the cops have started their ring fencing assault, there is every reason to start nitpicking on plates too.

Guest mercw124

Yeah - better be safe for now.

I think perhaps a design of a sgmerc number plate could be in the works of which it can loop around the silly requirements that the LTA has in place.

As for the border, there's no clear jurisdiction as of now from the LTA.

And if there's a sgmerc plate, count me in! :)

Yeah - better be safe for now.

I think perhaps a design of a sgmerc number plate could be in the works of which it can loop around the silly requirements that the LTA has in place.

As for the border, there's no clear jurisdiction as of now from the LTA.

And if there's a sgmerc plate, count me in! :)

yes, yes. moderator, please start a thread & check who wants SGMERC license plate. i don't mind.

Guest four_eggs

i was recently caught by traffic police on my fancy plate and fined $80/-; 1st offence. TP is going all out to catch those euro plate now. good luck, four_eggs

i was recently caught by traffic police on my fancy plate and fined $80/-; 1st offence. TP is going all out to catch those euro plate now. good luck, four_eggs

@ my car park all those with euro plates, had replaced them with the boring plates...

the sub who use white behind also changed back to normal plate...

hai.... recently TP had a Change of Command!!! so all sure very ON!! got quota!!

Guest mercw124

Think they have so called overhauled their internal regulatory system man.

Was on the roads today and all the euro plates have practically vanished, except for a volkswagon GTI which was zooming in town this afternoon.

This is really a sad and inflexible system:(

Damn cute!!

Today's Straits Times report that LTA is Ok with Euro Plates!! but they must be in SG approved Font size & spaces!!

while that night CNA reports that LTA/TP disapprove EURO plates!!

hai.. very blur man!!!

so if follow today's Straits Times report, than those with "SXX ### X" sure can use EURO plate lor but with SG approved fonts!!

if "SXX #1## X" also can use euro plate with approved fonts.

so Sableko, yours can!! yours only "SXX 52 X" just get them to use SG APPROVED fonts sure can pass inspection!!