• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

questions about some exterior mods to my CLK

Guest pokkagreentea

Guest pokkagreentea

Hi, got a pre-facelift W209 CLK240 here and would like to freshen up its look.

1) Body-kit-wise, is this any good:

http://www.customautotrim.com/bodykits/extreme-dimensions/mercedes-benz/clk-w209/2003-2007/111170/

http://www.fifaracing.com/Default.aspx?tabid=71&txtSearch=CLK&List=1&Level=a&ProductID=3361

2) Where can I get the 2006 facelift 3 slat grille? Lots of body parts/accessories places on the internet do not differentiate between the 3 slat and 4 slat (pre-facelift) for the CLK. Not sure if they even know there is a difference. Plus, even if I manage to procure a 3 slat grille, how do I ensure that it fits the pre-facelift front of the CLK? Would the dimensions be the same, I mean besides the grille change, MB did not really tweak the bodywork and hood did they?

3) Offset of wheels. Try as I might, couldn't find the wheel info for the CLK that is necessary for selecting aftermarket rims. Maybe I am just dense, haha, but could someone fill me in here? Also, would like to space wheels out a little. What is the best way to select thickness of spacers? Or is it pure trial and error.

4) A good and reliable mechanic in Singapore who can do all of the above for me. As well as a good spray painter (for the body kit)..

Thanks very much and appreciate any info I can get from here. :)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Alternatively, you could also go for something a little more beefy - VITT W209 http://www.jonari.com/brand.php?bid=2&makeid=5&modelid=57&id=54

3) Wheel fitment guide available for download here :-

http://sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=62.0

Guest Protoss

Hi,

Am driving a CLK too.

Why not attend our monthly month end meetup and our friendly admins and moderators will be able to give advice on 'doing up' your CLK. And also get to see some of our forum members rides.

Cheers.

Hi pokkagreentea,

hmmm make me wana to look for the drink liao!!

ok finish the OT, first welcome to the club!!

second, all you questions, maybe these seniors can help, Gianfranc, W208 & Captain Jack!

Don't forget to make a DATE for our upcoming meetup @ Kallang Carpark G.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pokkagreentea

Hi,

Am driving a CLK too.

Why not attend our monthly month end meetup and our friendly admins and moderators will be able to give advice on 'doing up' your CLK. And also get to see some of our forum members rides.

Cheers.

Ok dude maybe March month end!

Guest pokkagreentea

Hi pokkagreentea,

hmmm make me wana to look for the drink liao!!

ok finish the OT, first welcome to the club!!

second, all you questions, maybe these seniors can help, Gianfranc, W208 & Captain Jack!

Don't forget to make a DATE for our upcoming meetup @ Kallang Carpark G.

cheers

Thanks dude!

Guest Protoss

pokkagreentea ]

Hi,

Am driving a CLK too.

Why not attend our monthly month end meetup and our friendly admins and moderators will be able to give advice on ' wrote:

Sure.

See you ya.

Cheers.

Ok dude maybe March month end!

• 5 months later...
Guest angela

Hi, I'm quite interested in those replica AMG kits as well.. been looking at american stores on ebay and they charge about 1.5-1.6k USD all up inclusive of shipping and I asked for a quote to Brunei which is not too far from sg so I think u would be looking at a similar price.. and as for the 3 slatte grille.. there are quite a fair amount going about on ebay. With all that aside, i'm actually here to find out if there are any shops in sg that deal with MB bodykits for the clk w209. Thanks in advance =]

I am looking for shops in SG too..

but maybe we have to import ourselves. Interested?

Try "Artistic" @ Kaki Bukit. They can even custom it for you with your car in Sg, no need go M'sia.

Guest jason23tong

Try "Artistic" @ Kaki Bukit. They can even custom it for you with your car in Sg, no need go M'sia.

Thanks. Will go go look for them. Do you have Artistic contact information?

jason23tong ]

Try "Artistic" @ Kaki Bukit. They can even custom it for you with your car in Sg, no need go M' wrote:

Thanks. Will go go look for them. Do you have Artistic contact information?

Bro, you have pm.

Guest vernitez

hi guys,

there are shops in sg carrying kits for the clk. places like benzline can indent the standard AMGs/lorinser. I believe they have the 3-slate grille in stock too; and yes, they will fit the pre-FL. However, since the 3-slate grille is a std on the FL clk, it's likely cheaper to get it off the stockist. Otherwise, if feeling rich, can get it from C&C. I cant remember the name of the stockist, but if anyone is interested, can pm me. I can check the contact again.

Havnt found the time to research but Im game for group import for kit if anyone here is keen; off the rack prices appear exorbitant ;(