• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My experience with Ricky for installing command

Guest Zjared

SL63AMG wrote:

Guys, do you get to keep your old unit? :smile:

I think you should get the old unit back as when you want to sell your car the next time, you may want to remove the Comand APS and replace the old unit? :confused:

Guest Zjared

ricric_lo wrote:

You can keep your old unit as my offer not required you to hand over your stock unit which indeed worth something but not much.

Yup. I got mine back. Don't know what to do with it.

Guest Zjared

jtang wrote:

Can use it as a paperweight or door stopper:becky:.

It's a huge and heavy paperweight or stopper le. Don't know can fit into a toyota or not? Hahahha. Can pass to my friend.

Zjared wrote:

Yup. I got mine back. Don't know what to do with it.

If you sell your ride one day, would you replace it with the original Audio System as dealers dont pay extra for your car with the COMAND APS? :confused:

Guest NewC180

kai wrote:

If you sell your ride one day, would you replace it with the original Audio System as dealers dont pay extra for your car with the COMAND APS? :confused:

Someone please help! Jtang asked one!

Guest skoder

Erm, i was thinking... If I were to sell my ride, and I somehow I choose to dekit the com and from the w204.

I would announce it here for brudders interested, chances are, their w204 would have a existing audio 20 ready for u to swap.

Cheers ^^

Guest Zjared

kai wrote:

If I already use it long enough, I don't think will take out. Waste of time isn't it. Already spend so much time and effort to put it there and have to spend more time to take it out again, totally waste of time. Unless I only use it like afew months.

kepiting1sg wrote:

It took less than 45 mins to uninstal my NTG 4 on my W212 & reinstalled my Audio 20 when I traded in my W212 with CnC. :thumb:

So what happened to your NTG4 since you cant install in your ML Mercs? :confused:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest dudemobile

Hi folks,

After much research and comparisons, decided to go with Ricky. Great job. Loving my bigger screen and navi. Love the voice controls. Got it done last night and the car feels like a new car viewing from the cockpit.

All I can say is, this was done in timely manner, with proper tools. It's almost like getting merc to do it themselves.

Excellent job, Ricky. Keep up the good work.

• 3 weeks later...

oh yeah, it is finally done, after much considerations and email exchanges with Ricky, i finally dump in the money to make it happen tonite.

Ricky right off his HK-SIN flight did the install for me and within 2 hrs or so i was like smiling ear to ear... Navi was spot on, and all other things work very well too... i also had the backup camera installed and it was great. also the amount of info on the speedo for Navi is wonderful, and i really like the linguatronic feature! this is the BEST mod to be had.

Audio 20 gutted!

6485248907_5bb67aaba7_z.jpg

Final result

6485241521_bef8f095f5_z.jpg

i will continue to explore how this COMAND works but would any bro help me find out where to buy the media card in Singapore? i guess i will prolly chime back on how to transfer music to the HDD and also this media card but nonetheless i just wanna thank Ricky for his good meticulous work on my car and true to what he has told me, the refurbish set is almost brand new. Everything except the hazard light switch panel and the bottom panel is from the refurbished set. Mine is a c180k so without parktronic and the ESP off buttons in case anyone likes to know how it will look without them as I was also keen to know before I install mine.

Somehow felt the Aircon blower to be stronger after changing the Aircon vents. Hmmm

good job Ricky.

Thanks Unker but with the CF card I do not have the reader on my laptop which takes SD card nia. But if there is any cheap easy way to use it then I will offload from u the 16GB card :becky:

Need some guidance as well, would I still need the PCMCIA adapter regardless? Thanks for helping Pak!

Guest kepiting1sg

tsktsk wrote:

Thanks Unker but with the CF card I do not have the reader on my laptop which takes SD card nia. But if there is any cheap easy way to use it then I will offload from u the 16GB card :becky:

Need some guidance as well, would I still need the PCMCIA adapter regardless? Thanks for helping Pak!

PCMCIA CF & SD adapters - Sandisk or Transcend Unker also has for sale.....smlc also have.....CF & SD card 2Gb, 4Gb, 8Gb, 16Gb, 32Gb .....kekekeke! :lol: