• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My experience with Ricky for installing command

Guest Zjared

Guest Zjared

Frankly, I never regret installing command on my ride. The set I got is almost brand new, if I wasn't told, I really didn't know it is a reburished set.

Anyone who has deal with me knows I'm a no nonsense guy. I'd rather spend $50000 more to get my ride from C&C than from a close friend who is from the PI who tries to mislead me into buying my ride from him. I would not hesitate to comdemn any shady business.

My experience with ricky and his associated car workshop is fantastic. My C&C reverse camera didn't work with command, ricky has prepared 1 camera for me in the event it didn't work. Frankly, I'm glad that my original camera didn't work. Although it cost me $300 more for the reverse camera but it's well worth it. I would gladly change it even if it works. It's so much clearer and with assist parking lines. Parking is so interesting now although I don't really need it.

The reason I choose ricky is I feel very comfortable with him. He is quite professional in his replies and very knowlegeable. He really knows what are his customer's expectation of his products and services and he really manages his customer's expectation very well.

Anyone has 2nd thoughts about installing command. Do it. It's very easy to read the map and follow the instructions. It's probably one of the easiest navigation system I have ever used. Instructions are clear and precise. Reading of map is easy and accurate. You won't get a wrong turn like some of the navigation system.

Ricky can vouch how bad I'm in my directions. (I daringly gave him a lift from his hotel to the workshop) Frankly, I have problems differeniating my left and right sometimes. I'm one of those very few people who have problems finding my way home after going for a long trip. If a person like me who find it easy to use, it shouldn't be too hard on anyone.

The above are solely based on my personal opinions and experience with ricky.

Guest jtang

Congrats! Welcome to the the world of Merc Comand. Nav is only 1 small part of this awesome toy, there are more. If there are bros who are still contemplating this...GO GET IT!

Guest Zjared

kepiting1sg wrote:

We are happy for you that you like your Comand!!!!:music:

Definitely. Despite I read some very negative comments abt command which is not at all true. It's not perfect but it's already very very very good.

Guest jazza

You bet bro! I also installed my Comand with Ricky and I'm loving it! I know it may seem silly to other bros but I just love the way the Navi continues guidance even in tunnels or underground carparks! But truth be told, still not so happy with trying to input addresses in the Navi. Maybe I'm using it wrong! Any hints bros?

Guest kepiting1sg

Zjared wrote:

Definitely. Despite I read some very negative comments abt command which is not at all true. It's not perfect but it's already very very very good.

Good to see it for yourself what the Comand can do.:hand:

Beside having the NTG 4 on my W212, I had the Comand NTG 2.5 installed on my ML300 the next day after taking delivery of my car.

Till today I m pleased to bring both Ricky & camber53 to

this forum & give us the opportunities to do retrofits for our MB.

Guest kepiting1sg

jazza wrote:

You bet bro! I also installed my Comand with Ricky and I'm loving it! I know it may seem silly to other bros but I just love the way the Navi continues guidance even in tunnels or underground carparks! But truth be told, still not so happy with trying to input addresses in the Navi. Maybe I'm using it wrong! Any hints bros?

Glad to hear another happy convert to Comand!

Have to admit it take some time to learn to search for addresses.

Maps may not as good as Garmin but previously Garmin maps for MY & SG were not as good too till they partner MalSingMaps.

I guess beside NAV, U must be happy with other features of the Comand!

Guest Zjared

jazza wrote:

I have the same issues but i guess it's a matter of getting use to it. In my personal opinion, the navigation must be accurate, that's all i want to have. Inputing wise, I hope there is a upgrade version in future to make it easy for everyone but you can't take my words for it because i only have 1 time experience using it.

If you need a good navigation system, command is the way to go. As I'm getting my 2nd ride next year, ricky also shares with me his personal opinion which is good.

Guest Zjared

kepiting1sg wrote:

Glad to hear another happy convert to Comand!

Have to admit it take some time to learn to search for addresses.

Maps may not as good as Garmin but previously Garmin maps for MY & SG were not as good too till they partner MalSingMaps.

I guess beside NAV, U must be happy with other features of the Comand!

Garmin is slower to recalculate if you make a wrong turn. I purposely take a wrong turn to see the reaction time and it's almost non-existence. I waited for garmin like 3-8 seconds to recalculate but for command, it is like 1 second or almost it's normal. It is not as colorful as garmin but it's pretty ok.

Zjared wrote:

Garmin is slower to recalculate if you make a wrong turn. I purposely take a wrong turn to see the reaction time and it's almost non-existence. I waited for garmin like 3-8 seconds to recalculate but for command, it is like 1 second or almost it's normal. It is not as colorful as garmin but it's pretty ok.

By the way, what is the model of your car? :becky: Does your car comes with a reverse camera near the rear view mirror installed by C&C or does your reverse camera already incoprorated into the Audio system? :confused:

Guest Zjared

kai wrote:

By the way, what is the model of your car? :becky: Does your car comes with a reverse camera near the rear view mirror installed by C&C or does your reverse camera already incoprorated into the Audio system? :confused:

E250. It comes with a reverse camera by C&C and it is incorporated into the system or else how we view????

Guest kepiting1sg

Zjared wrote:

E250. It comes with a reverse camera by C&C and it is incorporated into the system or else how we view????

Some rides reverse camera are outsourced by CnC to local vendor Tomo-Cse.

They provide a small boxed up LCD screen installed next to the rear view mirror.

Some owners find it "ugly" and do not want to instal it as it's currently one of the item under the enhancement package.

Guest apple088

kepiting1sg wrote:

Some rides reverse camera are outsourced by CnC to local vendor Tomo-Cse.

They provide a small boxed up LCD screen installed next to the rear view mirror.

Some owners find it "ugly" and do not want to instal it as it's currently one of the item under the enhancement package.

For newer rides they have integrated to the Audio 20 screen.

Zjared wrote:

The earlier batches of E250 do not have the reverse camera incorporated into the Audio System but has a separate camera for viewing near the rear view mirror :Cry:

apple088 wrote:

For newer rides they have integrated to the Audio 20 screen.

Yes, mine has the boxed camera installed near the rear view mirror! :Cry: Is it possible to remove that and incorporated the reverse camera into the Audio System? :gossip:

Guest jtang

kai wrote:

Yes, mine has the boxed camera installed near the rear view mirror! :Cry: Is it possible to remove that and incorporated the reverse camera into the Audio System? :gossip:

Yes u can. I would suggest that u leave it a alone if u have solar film installed. Removing it may damage the film & leave a ugly remnant tape that's very difficult to clean.

I left mine alone after i installed the comand unit. It's redundant there at the moment, but I may have some idea what to use it for in my next project.:becky:

Guest Zjared

kai wrote:

The earlier batches of E250 do not have the reverse camera incorporated into the Audio System but has a separate camera for viewing near the rear view mirror :Cry:

No wonder I don't understand you question. Hahaha. It's funny lo, stupid C&C. Even PI is integrated le. :fish:

jtang wrote:

Yes u can. I would suggest that u leave it a alone if u have solar film installed. Removing it may damage the film & leave a ugly remnant tape that's very difficult to clean.

I left mine alone after i installed the comand unit. It's redundant there at the moment, but I may have some idea what to use it for in my next project.:becky:

Oh the solar film will be damaged if the camera is removed?:Cry:

Is your comand unit the version 4? I understand it is rather costly? :Cry:

Guest jtang

kai wrote:

Oh the solar film will be damaged if the camera is removed?:Cry:

Is your comand unit the version 4? I understand it is rather costly? :Cry:

Yes...it's NTG 4. got it from Camber53 bro...go PM him if u r keen.

Guest ricric_lo

Hi Bros here!

Except I aim at providing the best service to my customer but also try hard to ensure that I'm offering the LOWEST Price at Singapore for the Comand Retrofit. Everyone is welcome to send me a PM to make a comparison.

Anyone interested of my service, can go to this thread to get more details.

http://sgmerc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19767

Cheers, Ricky

• Like 1

Guest Zjared

ricric_lo wrote:

Hi Bros here!

Except I aim at providing the best service to my customer but also try hard to ensure that I'm offering the LOWEST Price at Singapore for the Comand Retrofit. Everyone is welcome to send me a PM to make an comparion.

Anyone interested of my service, can go to this thread to get more details.

http://sgmerc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19767

Cheers, Ricky

Ya, best is to hear from Horse mouth. Ricky, you owe me a meal when I go to Hong kong. I've got all kinds of pm asking about ur command. It makes me seems like I'm an installer. Let me just clarify abit.

Firstly, I'm not in a position to reveal his workshop even though it may be an open secret but please pm him directly for it. This is against my own ethics.

Secondly, for pricing wise, it is listed clearly in his thread, so please believe it and if you still don't, please ask him directly. Nothing beats direct from the horse's mouth.

Thirdly, I'm nothing but just a satisfied consumer sharing my good experience. If you guys have questions to ask about my experience and how I use my command, or even you want to see my command and test it, you are welcome to look for me. My office is in WCEGA Tower in Bukit Batok Crescent, otherwise, ricky or camber is really the person you should be speaking to.

Lastly, no I'm not at all offended by all the questions asked. I'm just clarifying so that you know where I stand. I'm a person who owns a car for many years and still do not know how to open my bonnet until last week.

What did I do when I wanted to install my command? I just get answers from the installers. And if you are comtemplating whether to install or not, just do it. It's worth it.

Guest blackmercs

ricric_lo wrote:

Looking forward to seeing you at Hong Kong, will take you to try the Chilli Garlic Crab here at Hong Kong.

Cheers

Orh not forgetting cheese lobster too!!