• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Ipod

Guest kai

blackmercs wrote:

Bro, all this while been telling u to go back to C&C & u still don't know where to get yr cables?? Why not just get my sets instead & save u the trouble asking all over again?

So your set comes with 3 cables and a stand for the ipod? How much is the damage? :Cry:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest apple088

Welbo wrote:

Yes, very helpful but I only see a hole in the glove compartment and nothing for me to plug in leh...........

Thats the input jack for the AUX.

Same as mine

blackmercs wrote:

No stand, one blue note.

So I need to meet up with you to try it out as I am not a technical person :Cry: So when and where to meet? :scared:

Guest kepiting1sg

Welbo wrote:

Yes, very helpful but I only see a hole in the glove compartment and nothing for me to plug in leh...........

Then I guess U when U go into the Audio Menu U dun see a selection for "Media Interface" other than the 6 Disc CD selection & Aux input?

Can U confirm that?

IMHO

If U dun have UCI aka Media Interface than wtf your PI gip U the cables for?

Maybe U would like to retrofit this UCI option?

Quite a few PI cars that dun get this option, they have turn to our 2 forum COMAND retrofit to do the UCI retrofit for them.

Guest kepiting1sg

kai wrote:

I have the rectangular socket in the glove compartment. But I dont know where the 3 cables are? Can I get it from any shop or can I only go to C&C to get them? :Cry:

Sorry if I have to laugh!

If what I heard is rite, Welbo do not have Media Interface aka UCI but he has 3 cables for it.

Whereas U said U have media interface but no cables....:fish:

To find out whether U have UCI/Media Interface,

U should have this rectangular socket with connecting pins & in your Audio Menu, other than selection of the 6 CD & Aux, U should have a selection named "Media Interface"!

Can U confirm this?

Or U like to pay me a visit!

I am free cos my son is hospitalized and I will not be going away till this week Thur & back on Fri to join the kakies for the SGMerc event.

kepiting1sg wrote:

Or U like to pay me a visit!

I am free cos my son is hospitalized and I will not be going away till this week Thur & back on Fri to join the kakies for the SGMerc event.

Yes, it sounds funny! :becky: Where do you live? :shocked:

Guest kepiting1sg

kai wrote:

Yes, it sounds funny! :becky: Where do you live? :shocked:

I live in Pasir Ris, later in KK Hospital and some say I spend most of my in Batam! :becky:

Can gimme a call or msg me 91777772!

kepiting1sg wrote:

I live in Pasir Ris, later in KK Hospital and some say I spend most of my in Batam! :becky:

Can gimme a call or msg me 91777772!

Thanks! I shall msg you! :becky:

Guest blackmercs

kai wrote:

So I need to meet up with you to try it out as I am not a technical person :Cry: So when and where to meet? :scared:

PM yr HP Nos to me. We do offline.

Guest Welbo

kepiting1sg wrote:

Then I guess U when U go into the Audio Menu U dun see a selection for "Media Interface" other than the 6 Disc CD selection & Aux input?

Can U confirm that?

IMHO

If U dun have UCI aka Media Interface than wtf your PI gip U the cables for?

Maybe U would like to retrofit this UCI option?

Quite a few PI cars that dun get this option, they have turn to our 2 forum COMAND retrofit to do the UCI retrofit for them.

Saw the hole liao and plug my ipod wire in. Thanks for pointing to the right direction!!! :becky:

Guest Welbo

kepiting1sg wrote:

If what I heard is rite, Welbo do not have Media Interface aka UCI but he has 3 cables for it.

Whereas U said U have media interface but no cables....:fish:

To find out whether U have UCI/Media Interface,

U should have this rectangular socket with connecting pins & in your Audio Menu, other than selection of the 6 CD & Aux, U should have a selection named "Media Interface"!

I have UCI in my car. Confirm! Double Confirm!!

518 UNIVERSAL COMMUNICATIONS INTERFACE (UCI)

Guest kepiting1sg

Welbo wrote:

I have UCI in my car. Confirm! Double Confirm!!

518 UNIVERSAL COMMUNICATIONS INTERFACE (UCI)

U must be a busy man and having no time to explore your new ride!:hand:

Congrats! U found your HOLE for your cables :lol:

ENJOY!!!!

Guest Welbo

kepiting1sg wrote:

U must be a busy man and having no time to explore your new ride!:hand:

Congrats! U found your HOLE for your cables :lol:

ENJOY!!!!

Actually you are right about the exploring my ride part. Been so tight up with stuffs that I have yet to plug in my I-pod. Now where is my I-pod????:music:

Guest busdriver

Just a question I have about the iPod.... seems like the iPod music reproduction in the Merc is not as good as those in other cars. I can hear a difference when I play the same song from CD and iPod. Seems like the iPod sound is a little closed up. Any of you have this experience ?

Guest Welbo

busdriver wrote:

Just a question I have about the iPod.... seems like the iPod music reproduction in the Merc is not as good as those in other cars. I can hear a difference when I play the same song from CD and iPod. Seems like the iPod sound is a little closed up. Any of you have this experience ?

Thats very normal esp if you copy the lower memory version of your song from CD to IPod from my experience.

Guest galliano

Purchased a Sept05 E200ML.Its equipped with Audio20.

1. Does this have an CD changer? I can't seem to insert any discs in, once there is already one inside. Although, pressing the "CDC" button does show magazine empty.

2. Could not find any AUX input in the glove compartment.

3. What do i have to do and prob how much in order to able to play my iPhone tracks on the audio system?

I guess 1 alternative is retrofit the entire system.

Guest kepiting1sg

galliano wrote:

Purchased a Sept05 E200ML.Its equipped with Audio20.

1. Does this have an CD changer? I can't seem to insert any discs in, once there is already one inside. Although, pressing the "CDC" button does show magazine empty.

2. Could not find any AUX input in the glove compartment.

3. What do i have to do and prob how much in order to able to play my iPhone tracks on the audio system?

I guess 1 alternative is retrofit the entire system.

IMHO, There are 3 "easy ways" to have iPod.

1. Instal iPod connection retrofit

2. Instal Command NTG 2.5 with UCI & Reverse Cam

3. Instal after mkt HU like those from Kenwood which offer Blue Tooth, iPod, Garmin GPS, DVD, Reverse Cam, etc.

Guest kevin

Another Option 4 is to just install UCI.

The Ipod connection kit is bad because the selection is only from the instrument cluster and steering wheel. The main complaints are that the display is limited to about 20 chars and is slow.

UCI is much cheaper than Command.

Another option I have not explored are some aftermarket bluetooth connection kits.

Guest galliano

kevin wrote:

Another Option 4 is to just install UCI.

The Ipod connection kit is bad because the selection is only from the instrument cluster and steering wheel. The main complaints are that the display is limited to about 20 chars and is slow.

UCI is much cheaper than Command.

Another option I have not explored are some aftermarket bluetooth connection kits.

Thanks for your comments and advice. Considering its a fairly old car. I'll prob install one of those china-brand DVD players which does everything.

• 6 months later...
Guest oshioyi

Hi guys, I bought an AUX cable from Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200707042810&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1123

I drive a W204 C180 '07 model which has AUX socket in the Glove compartment. http://www.benzworld.org/forums/attachments/x204-glk-class/359257d1298645525-2011-glk-w-o-sirius-only-audio-20-aux-socket.jpg

When I press DISC, it doesnt toggle to AUX, nothing happens.

Any idea why? I've tried pressing and holding etc, but it just activates the CD playing.

Guest blackmercs
Hi guys, I bought an AUX cable from Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200707042810&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1123

I drive a W204 C180 '07 model which has AUX socket in the Glove compartment. http://www.benzworld.org/forums/attachments/x204-glk-class/359257d1298645525-2011-glk-w-o-sirius-only-audio-20-aux-socket.jpg

When I press DISC, it doesnt toggle to AUX, nothing happens.

Any idea why? I've tried pressing and holding etc, but it just activates the CD playing.

At Aux mode u got to Full blast yr volume but remember to lower the volume to min when not in use.

• 2 months later...

kai wrote:Yes it is!! Do u hv the cables? Coz I do hv a set to let go. Just curious no one told u anything when u got hold of yr ride? Is the pin is a round pce? If yes mostly likely a 3.5mm plug then my cable is not for u. If possible post a pic or come to our meetup the bro here will able to help.

Hi Blackmercs,

I also encountered the same problem after driving my car for almost 1 and half year.(As I am not really a music man)

Recently, my wife wanted to link her iphone to my audio system, and I remembered when I bought my E250 coupe, was told that it came with this features.

But however, after reading the manual, I noticed there should be a cable for such connections.

Called my my car agent C&C, he told me during purchase the cable should be inside the dashboard. Search my whole car and could not locate any of such cable.

hmmm.. after more than 1 year i think no point argue that I did not received that cable during collection of car.

You still have the extra cable? Mind letting go to me?

Cheers!

Sunmerc