• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Ipod

Guest kai

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackmercs

kai wrote:

Hi friends,

How do I connect my ipod to the Audio System. The car that I am driving is E250CGI? :becky:

Does yr ride comes with a iPod connector in the first place? Any MMI package for yr ride?

Guest apple088

kai wrote:

Hi friends,

How do I connect my ipod to the Audio System. The car that I am driving is E250CGI? :becky:

There is more than one way to do it.

My cheap DIY setup.

Total cost $60~80 (cheaper if get OEM)

1) Apple Composite AV Cable $55 from Apple online store. (OEM $35)

2) Car USB charger $9

3) 2-1 converter for audio (red and white cable converted to one) $3

4) Extension cable for the charger (optional) $6

You can charge and play music but selection only thru the ipod/iphone/ipad.

The composite cable is plug into the Aux input in the glove compartment.

If you have MMI you can watch videos/ utube etc.

If iphone is jailbroken you can see all the apps on the 5" screen.

I setup MMI to a AGIS GPS system(mod with my own slash screens) and Qwerty Rii mini-keyboard via 2.4Mhz to the GPS to input address / scroll map etc.

The iphone is also linked up to the MMI to view utube, MTV, karaoke, ipod, photos etc

hope this helps.

Guest blackmercs

kai wrote:

Hi blackmercs,

I notice there is a connector in the glove compartment. Is that an ipod connector?

Yes it is!! Do u hv the cables? Coz I do hv a set to let go. Just curious no one told u anything when u got hold of yr ride? Is the pin is a round pce? If yes mostly likely a 3.5mm plug then my cable is not for u. If possible post a pic or come to our meetup the bro here will able to help.

blackmercs wrote:

Yes it is!! Do u hv the cables? Coz I do hv a set to let go. Just curious no one told u anything when u got hold of yr ride? Is the pin is a round pce? If yes mostly likely a 3.5mm plug then my cable is not for u. If possible post a pic or come to our meetup the bro here will able to help.

I think I should take a pic before I get back to you as I am very unfamiliar with the technicality aspect of it. By the way, do you do any upgrade to your Audio 20 system to one that can support GPS, reverse cam etc? :tongue:

Guest blackmercs

kai wrote:

I think I should take a pic before I get back to you as I am very unfamiliar with the technicality aspect of it. By the way, do you do any upgrade to your Audio 20 system to one that can support GPS, reverse cam etc? :tongue:

Can!! Nowadays we r spoilt for choice. Go to the site sponsor thread or do a search.

blackmercs wrote:

Can!! Nowadays we r spoilt for choice. Go to the site sponsor thread or do a search.

The pin is rectangular in shape and about 3 to 4 cm long found in the glove department. I have problem attaching the photo and hence that is the best I can describe it :Cry: The model of the car is E-class CGi (2010).

Guest blackmercs

kai wrote:

The pin is rectangular in shape and about 3 to 4 cm long found in the glove department. I have problem attaching the photo and hence that is the best I can describe it :Cry: The model of the car is E-class CGi (2010).

Ok that's the cable. U might want to ask yr SE if they don't provides one for u rather getting another set since yr ride comes with MMI features. U want to check with yr SE first before getting the set from me? Btw what's yr ride? from See&See?

blackmercs wrote:

Ok that's the cable. U might want to ask yr SE if they don't provides one for u rather getting another set since yr ride comes with MMI features. U want to check with yr SE first before getting the set from me? Btw what's yr ride? from See&See?

Yes, it is from C&C, E-class CGI :music:

apple088 wrote:

There is more than one way to do it.

My cheap DIY setup.

Total cost $60~80 (cheaper if get OEM)

1) Apple Composite AV Cable $55 from Apple online store. (OEM $35)

2) Car USB charger $9

3) 2-1 converter for audio (red and white cable converted to one) $3

4) Extension cable for the charger (optional) $6

You can charge and play music but selection only thru the ipod/iphone/ipad.

The composite cable is plug into the Aux input in the glove compartment.

Hi friend,

I am not very technical savvy. Am I right to say that I need to get items (1) to (4) in order for me to connect my ipod to the Aux input in the glove compartment? The Aux input is rectangular in shape (about 3 to 4 cm long). Is that the right one? :becky:

Guest blackmercs

kai wrote:

Yes, it is from C&C, E-class CGI :music:

Then go back there & ask them all u need to know plus how come no cable etc. As for the cables I m letting go is a 3 pce set meal, asking for one blue note & is almost brandnew.

U shld able to get it FOC from yr SE, the cost shld be around $180 for brandnew.

Let me know the outcome ya.

blackmercs wrote:

Then go back there & ask them all u need to know plus how come no cable etc. As for the cables I m letting go is a 3 pce set meal, asking for one blue note & is almost brandnew.

U shld able to get it FOC from yr SE, the cost shld be around $180 for brandnew.

Let me know the outcome ya.

Ok, I will do that but I wonder will they give it to me for free? :Cry: By the way, you are driving the same car as mine?:music:

Guest blackmercs

kai wrote:

Ok, I will do that but I wonder will they give it to me for free? :Cry: By the way, you are driving the same car as mine?:music:

Firstly u need to check with yr SE does yr car comes with MMI package else then no point buying the cable. The difference between this package & aftermarket is that u can use the steering to control the function etc.

Why FOC? Is like yr rides comes with xenon headlight without the D1S bulb? If yr SE refuse to get u a FOC set give him or her this example.

My previous ride is Ecabro from See&See which comes with MMI package & extra cables too.

blackmercs wrote:

Firstly u need to check with yr SE does yr car comes with MMI package else then no point buying the cable. The difference between this package & aftermarket is that u can use the steering to control the function etc.

Why FOC? Is like yr rides comes with xenon headlight without the D1S bulb? If yr SE refuse to get u a FOC set give him or her this example.

My previous ride is Ecabro from See&See which comes with MMI package & extra cables too.

Ecab will come with a lots of things. Mine is just a E250 sedan (Elegance and not Avantgarde) :Cry: Thats why I dont have so many accessories :frusty:

Guest blackmercs

kai wrote:

Ecab will come with a lots of things. Mine is just a E250 sedan (Elegance and not Avantgarde) :Cry: Thats why I dont have so many accessories :frusty:

Ok go & ask yr SE whether yr ride comes with MMI package or u prefer we can test out using my cable with yr iPod. Is yr call, u joining us on this Friday kopi session?

blackmercs wrote:

Ok go & ask yr SE whether yr ride comes with MMI package or u prefer we can test out using my cable with yr iPod. Is yr call, u joining us on this Friday kopi session?

You got your cable from C&C? :becky: So now you dont need the cable anymore? Is your audio system integrated with GPS, ipod etc? :peace:

Guest blackmercs

kai wrote:

You got your cable from C&C? :becky: So now you dont need the cable anymore? Is your audio system integrated with GPS, ipod etc? :peace:

I've sold off my ride so no need the cable & it's from C&C. Nope I don't hv GPS system in my ex ride.

Guest apple088

kai wrote:

Hi friend,

I am not very technical savvy. Am I right to say that I need to get items (1) to (4) in order for me to connect my ipod to the Aux input in the glove compartment? The Aux input is rectangular in shape (about 3 to 4 cm long). Is that the right one? :becky:

My is a one hole jack like those on the iPod that plugs to the earphone

Seems like urs is diff

Better check with ur SE

Guest Welbo

My PI coupe comes with 3 cables in a seal bag from Merc. I have yet to install it and intend to do it during my first oil change. Is it a plug and play thingy or need expert installation help?

Guest kepiting1sg

Welbo wrote:

My PI coupe comes with 3 cables in a seal bag from Merc. I have yet to install it and intend to do it during my first oil change. Is it a plug and play thingy or need expert installation help?

Hi welbo,

If your car comes with UCI (Universal Communication Interface), there should be a rectangular socket probably in your glove compartment.

The 3 cables i.e USB, iPod/iPhone & 3.5mm Aux.

U can plug in 1 cable at anything depending whether U want to plug in your usb drive, iPod/iPhone/iTouch or any auxilliary input.

Once connected, on your Audio 20 menu - under Audio - Look for Media Interface and U should see the folders whatever U have plugged in and select your songs from there.

Hope this shelps!

kepiting1sg wrote:

Hi welbo,

If your car comes with UCI (Universal Communication Interface), there should be a rectangular socket probably in your glove compartment.

U can plug in 1 cable at anything depending whether U want to plug in your usb drive, iPod/iPhone/iTouch or any auxilliary input.

Once connected, on your Audio 20 menu - under Audio - Look for Media Interface and U should see the folders whatever U have plugged in and select your songs from there.

Hope this shelps!

I have the rectangular socket in the glove compartment. But I dont know where the 3 cables are? Can I get it from any shop or can I only go to C&C to get them? :Cry:

Guest blackmercs

kai wrote:

I have the rectangular socket in the glove compartment. But I dont know where the 3 cables are? Can I get it from any shop or can I only go to C&C to get them? :Cry:

Bro, all this while been telling u to go back to C&C & u still don't know where to get yr cables?? Why not just get my sets instead & save u the trouble asking all over again?

Guest Welbo

kepiting1sg wrote:

Hi welbo,

Hope this shelps!

Yes, very helpful but I only see a hole in the glove compartment and nothing for me to plug in leh...........

Guest blackmercs

Welbo wrote:

Yes, very helpful but I only see a hole in the glove compartment and nothing for me to plug in leh...........

is hiding on the right hand corner. Torchlight will help.