• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Electric Seat

Guest benson

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackmercs

benson wrote:

Hi bros, is there any possiblity to convert the driver seat for moving front & back into elecrtic mode over the current manual style??

No memory? Only moving for/backward? I think will cost U a bomb. These are factory fitted not sure locally can do it.

Guest benson

The new w204 dun come with electric mode for moving front & back which is very disappointing when a cheaper brand have it.... just feeling very perplexed why MB opt to leave out the electric mode for front & back but yet have it for the height... Sighz look like gotta to live with it if cant do it locally....

Guest blackmercs

benson wrote:

The new w204 dun come with electric mode for moving front & back which is very disappointing when a cheaper brand have it.... just feeling very perplexed why MB opt to leave out the electric mode for front & back but yet have it for the height... Sighz look like gotta to live with it if cant do it locally....

Huh? I thought the new FL has it?

Guest benson

Dun have it, mine is the 1.6 version, not sure 1.8 or c200 have it.... thats the additonal nightmare for me. When i book the car, ask the SE can opt to have the option of the intelligent bi-xenon light system... HE SAY CANOT

I ask again can opt to have electric seat for moving front and back at least for the driver seat, ALSO CANOT... sighz..

Guest blackmercs

benson wrote:

Dun have it, mine is the 1.6 version, not sure 1.8 or c200 have it.... thats the additonal nightmare for me. When i book the car, ask the SE can opt to have the option of the intelligent bi-xenon light system... HE SAY CANOT

I ask again can opt to have electric seat for moving front and back at least for the driver seat, ALSO CANOT... sighz..

Bro enjoy yr ride. Whatever I want to say or comment is kinda of late but I still needs to give my 2 cents for the benefit of newbies. The only way out is to sell off yr ride, ya I know, so easy meh!! :)

in future, do yr homework well before making a purchase for a car. Join forum is a gd starts, gd & bad advise is all here. For yr infro xenon, AMG, electric mirror & seat & many more are factory fitted only. That's why I started a thread on new Fl option for newbies to decide what's the option. Didn't know that 1.6 model does not comes with these electric seat thingy. Maybe u can go to my thread & give yr advise so that can help the future buyer.

Guest poolfan

benson wrote:

Just my 2 cents ....

Is it necessary to have the memory seat ??? I used to have it for my previous car - 320i but I never used it since I am the only driver for the car.

Unless there are a few persons sharing and driving the car, I would say that it is not necessary.

Guest benson

poolfan wrote:

Just my 2 cents ....

Is it necessary to have the memory seat ??? I used to have it for my previous car - 320i but I never used it since I am the only driver for the car.

Unless there are a few persons sharing and driving the car, I would say that it is not necessary.

Is not abt the memory thou, is the basic function of moving the driver seat front & back... Friends have been telling me how often will i ajust my seat which is true bt as i mention earlier as i kinda of feeling perplex why did MB wana opt out such a basic function... Like wot bro blackmercs said, shld have done my homewrk... book the car liao then join the forum and then realised ..............................

Guest lightning

poolfan wrote:

Just my 2 cents ....

i agreed with bro poolfan...although my W212 comes with memory seats, intelligent lightings and many others options...but how often do you really change your seat settings...probably only when you clean & vacuum your car or unless you have more than one driver...something GOOD to have but can also go without...having said that...keyless is a must must for me... and of course if you opts for additional features not found in their regular stock...then you have to wait for 2 ~ 3 mths and pay much more for them...:becky: just my 2 cents also :whistle:

Guest yellowcar

benson wrote:

Yes, for the C180 and C200 CGI, the seats can be moved forward and backward electronically. I test driven both when I booked my car.

Stranged that the se told u that u cannot add those options.. thot that as long as u are willing to pay and wait for production, should be ok..

Guest arsenal

Haha...if you are not the sole driver then I'd say it's very useful to have the memory package cos it includes the electric seats, wing mirrors and electric steering position memory function.

I know cos whenever I drive the ma-see-li (wife's pa kay chia) just need to press pre-set memory button and the seat's sitting position, wing mirrors angle and steering reach and height will be swee swee there waiting for me to drive.....sibey high grass! Whahahahaha.....

Guest sstimo

benson wrote:

Yup only 1.8 cgi has full electric seat. Sales person told me 20k difference between c180k and c180cgi for full electric seat and 7speed so not worthwhile to pay 20k more just for those items. I also ask for add on to 180 kompressor but he told me cannot add option. Finally got convinced to get the kompressor. Not sure if they are clearing stocks. Should have gotten the cgi one as heard it can be tune to 190 horse power as kompressor engine cant be tuned. All my previous rides have full electric seat and projector hid lamp so it looks like a downgrade for me. However i must say the ride is very good as the gear shift is very smooth.

Guest benson

sstimo wrote:

Yup only 1.8 cgi has full electric seat. Sales person told me 20k difference between c180k and c180cgi for full electric seat and 7speed so not worthwhile to pay 20k more just for those items. I also ask for add on to 180 kompressor but he told me cannot add option. Finally got convinced to get the kompressor. Not sure if they are clearing stocks. Should have gotten the cgi one as heard it can be tune to 190 horse power as kompressor engine cant be tuned. All my previous rides have full electric seat and projector hid lamp so it looks like a downgrade for me. However i must say the ride is very good as the gear shift is very smooth.

Seems like im in the same situation like yours. Was somehow been convince to get the kompressor as u mention earlier was told not worthwhile to pay 20k more as i prefer 1.8 version too... Quite strange comes to think of that cos SE shld earn more for a higher price car? maybe honest & sincere opinion frm the SE as is really not worth the xtra 20k...

Guest blackknight

benson wrote:

Seems like im in the same situation like yours. Was somehow been convince to get the kompressor as u mention earlier was told not worthwhile to pay 20k more as i prefer 1.8 version too... Quite strange comes to think of that cos SE shld earn more for a higher price car? maybe honest & sincere opinion frm the SE as is really not worth the xtra 20k...

Not true that the SE will earn more on a more expensive model.the usual marketing tactics of giving more incentives for lesser models when they wants to clear stocks. They also work with bank to provide a better commision rates for the SE in order to push certain models.

Guest Martin

sstimo wrote:

To add on the difference u hv mentioned, c180k is 1.6L compressor engine while c180cgi is 1.8L turbo engine. 20k is worth it.

My previous ride was pre-FL w204, c180cgi, partial electric seat means can up down but no front back, no memory. Once pick my client, helping him adjust the seat hv to lean over show him the lever to move front back, the button beside the seat for up down, damm pai sei. Like Jap car. That's 1 of the reason why I change to new FL c180cgi.

Guest Ryeoh1969

Martin wrote:

To add on the difference u hv mentioned, c180k is 1.6L compressor engine while c180cgi is 1.8L turbo engine. 20k is worth it.

My previous ride was pre-FL w204, c180cgi, partial electric seat means can up down but no front back, no memory. Once pick my client, helping him adjust the seat hv to lean over show him the lever to move front back, the button beside the seat for up down, damm pai sei. Like Jap car. That's 1 of the reason why I change to new FL c180cgi.

Hi Bro Martin,

Nice to hear that you and me are in the same situation albeit with slight difference.

My previous ride was C200 CGI pre-FL. I collected my FL C180 CGI 2 weeks ago, and was super happy with my new ride. The steering feel much more solid and cornering is also much better. I believe there is some minor tweak with the suspension systems. The best part is the 7G-Tronics Plus, with the old 5 gears tranny you always has the sudden kick-in feel with the turbo. Not anymore.... now is awaiting my new rims from My SE.

My SE also told me, they ran out of stock for the 7G CGI models..next shipments will be in Feb 2012. So now they are quietly shifting people towards C180 Kompressor as they still have stocks.

Guest sstimo

Martin wrote:

But horse power wise no diff for both models hence i chose kompressor over cgi.

Guest hannson

hi... just to chip in...

As I was deciding if the S$20k diff between the 2 C180 models was justified, here were some of my thoughts.

1. Power. When you look the specs, they look pretty similar between the C180 1.8L Turbo and 1.6L Kompressor. However, the difference for me would be the tuning potential between the 2 *wink* *wink*.

2. Gearbox and Electric seats. I opted for the 7 speed and electric seats as these are factory fitted items that will also increase the OMV value.

To be honest, the front/back motion for electrical seats are darn slow. *LOL*. I'd prefer the manual version *LOL. Very old school lah :)

3. Cat A vs Cat B COE. Difference of more than S$10k. (now about S$13k)

Given these, I decided to pay 20k more.

But, of course, to each his own.

And the most impt thing is, BE HAPPY with your purchase :)

p/s: It's rather unusual that a sales person would say that adding options are not possible. Rather I would think he/she meant it would be a longer wait and possibility that the current discount/promotions would not apply if you add on options as it would be a "special order"

Guest hannson

Martin wrote:

actually, if next time pick up a "client", leaning over to show her how to move it in/out (front/back?) would be quite good *LOL* :llama:

Guest sstimo

hannson wrote:

hi... just to chip in...

As I was deciding if the S$20k diff between the 2 C180 models was justified, here were some of my thoughts.

1. Power. When you look the specs, they look pretty similar between the C180 1.8L Turbo and 1.6L Kompressor. However, the difference for me would be the tuning potential between the 2 *wink* *wink*.

2. Gearbox and Electric seats. I opted for the 7 speed and electric seats as these are factory fitted items that will also increase the OMV value.

To be honest, the front/back motion for electrical seats are darn slow. *LOL*. I'd prefer the manual version *LOL. Very old school lah :)

3. Cat A vs Cat B COE. Difference of more than S$10k. (now about S$13k)

Given these, I decided to pay 20k more.

But, of course, to each his own.

And the most impt thing is, BE HAPPY with your purchase :)

p/s: It's rather unusual that a sales person would say that adding options are not possible. Rather I would think he/she meant it would be a longer wait and possibility that the current discount/promotions would not apply if you add on options as it would be a "special order"

Cool bro. I am not sure why salesperson pushing very hard fir kompressor nd i hd no chance to ask regarding cgi. Think back a bit feel cheated as i think cgi is better in terms of new engine and gearbox. Also not much colour option hence kompresor

Guest Ryeoh1969

hannson wrote:

hi Ryeoh!! What rims!?!?? :)

Hi Hannson,

I specify to my SE, I wanna the optional RIM, though the CnC website say extra S$1100 but written S$ 2300 in the invoice, but SE somehow manage to

get for me free of Charge.

<a  href=ryeohrims.png' alt='ryeohrims.png'>

Guest Ryeoh1969

:bounce::bounce:Hi Bro Hannson,

Please speed up the poison for the intelligent light systems for FL C Class !!! Me cannot wait to become your first customer !!!!!:bounce:

Guest hannson

Ryeoh1969 wrote:

Hi Hannson,

I specify to my SE, I wanna the optional RIM, though the CnC website say extra S$1100 but written S$ 2300 in the invoice, but SE somehow manage to

get for me free of Charge.

:) wooohooo