• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Calski really saves petrol ah!

Guest SgLaKsa

Guest SgLaKsa

Hello everyone,

Attended the first meetup of 2008 and met a friend who did most of the performance mod on his CLK200 (Kleemann Kit, Header and full exhaust, Inter cooler, sprint booster, 18" rims ect...). When asked about his fuel consumption b4 and after mod, he said there's not much difference as he had installed this Calski magnet thing which cost him over $1k.

Same consumption but with all that roaring power, sounds attractive leh!!! Had anyone tried this Calski magnet thing too (attached to the fuel line i think)? Does it really work?

By the way, b4 his mod, his friend's Honda SIR beats him flat. After his mod, it Feng Shui Lun Liu Zuan ah... now he beats SIR flat ah! Woww...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calski ION Accelerator ? Supposed to burn fuel more efficiently etc etc

Hmm to tell you the truth, I am very skeptical about products claiming to save you a good chunk of change by improving fuel efficiency. Theoretically it might sound plausible but somehow it gets lost when translated to real world performance.

And yes with the Kleemann goodies installed I wouldn't expect any less! :)

Guest SgLaKsa

Calski ION Accelerator ? Supposed to burn fuel more efficiently etc etc

Hmm to tell you the truth, I am very skeptical about products claiming to save you a good chunk of change by improving fuel efficiency. Theoretically it might sound plausible but somehow it gets lost when translated to real world performance.

And yes with the Kleemann goodies installed I wouldn't expect any less! :)

Yah i think its Ion accelerator, its some kinda magnet attached to the exterior of the fuel line if i'm not wrong ::)

Guest SgLaKsa

Hello everyone,

Attended the first meetup of 2008 and met a friend who did most of the performance mod on his CLK200 (Kleemann Kit, Header and full exhaust, Inter cooler, sprint booster, 18" rims ect...). When asked about his fuel consumption b4 and after mod, he said there's not much difference as he had installed this Calski magnet thing which cost him over $1k.

Same consumption but with all that roaring power, sounds attractive leh!!! Had anyone tried this Calski magnet thing too (attached to the fuel line i think)? Does it really work?

By the way, b4 his mod, his friend's Honda SIR beats him flat. After his mod, it Feng Shui Lun Liu Zuan ah... now he beats SIR flat ah! Woww...

seems like no one here ever tried those magnet things attached to fuel line for lower fuel consumption hor???

Guest millionmilebenz

Hi SgLaksa! I suspect that those members who mod their rides have been more focused on increasing horsepower. ;) However, I'm very interested to find out more about improving fuel efficiency. I'll try to do some research into this on the web, will share what I find...

Thanks for bringing this up!

Guest SgLaKsa

Hi SgLaksa! I suspect that those members who mod their rides have been more focused on increasing horsepower. ;) However, I'm very interested to find out more about improving fuel efficiency. I'll try to do some research into this on the web, will share what I find...

Thanks for bringing this up!

that'll be great bro MMB ;) i'll definitely spend on one of the better ones... long term money saver mah ;D

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried those calski magnets. To be honest, I do not find much differences in terms of performance/fuel efficiency. Have been on my fuel line for 1 year ++.

Spent $1500 on ten pairs.

anyone interested can buy the whole set from me for $100 each pair. If not I will just leave it on my fuel line.

By the way, I am new here, so a very big hello to everyone!!

if u r talking abt a stock auto EK4 (sir), of cos will lose flat to a modded merc,

but i don't believe can beat any well done-up manual EK4.

with the above mentioned mods on a merc, max bhp sld be only abt 230 to 240.

a done up EK4 can easily achieve the same power, but given the lighter body, sure faster then our merc,

even at high speed oso not sure win cos the EK can easily hit 250kph

if u r talking abt a stock auto EK4 (sir), of cos will lose flat to a modded merc,

but i don't believe can beat any well done-up manual EK4.

heehee i beat a mod EK4(auto/maunal, I not sure, was so bored that day, just play play) once with my mod W123. but on a serious note, think that driver is just no balls la.. :-X

hmmm i can consider beat a mod Jazz with my W124 recently hehehe :P :P

but NOW can't liao!!! sure everyone will BEAT me, even a QQ!! hai... BIG problem to my car!!!

a SUPER DRINKER, and POWER loss freak!!

keltanky ]

but i don' wrote:

heehee i beat a mod EK4(auto/maunal, I not sure, was so bored that day, just play play) once with my mod W123. but on a serious note, think that driver is just no balls la.. :-X

hmmm i can consider beat a mod Jazz with my W124 recently hehehe :P :P

but NOW can't liao!!! sure everyone will BEAT me, even a QQ!! hai... BIG problem to my car!!!

a SUPER DRINKER, and POWER loss freak!!

dont worry bro. after next week, u can change to a new CLS. huat ah huat ah. hahahahaha

welcome van to this forum!!

anyway Kompressor, all these stuffs do work a bit!!

I now can confirm as currently my car is without these stuffs due to some problems!! and now my FC is SUPER HIGH!!!!

HALF TANK only 130KM!!!! :'( :'( :'(

wah say!!! u really driving a tank arh? so highhh!!! think there is seriously something wrong with your ride. dont worry. next week we change. huat ah huat ah. hehehehe

i always find that those thingy don't really work on conti car instead on jap.

Our fuel line from tank to 20 cm from the engine is made of metal. Putting anything magnet ard it is pointless as the metal tubing practically shields the magnetic flux.

For the superione hor... from my viewpt you get better FC basically by leaning out the mixture cuz those metal 'beads' are like those aquarium air stones, they just allow more air in with 'practically no filter'.

Ditto for K&N air filter. Opinion purely from looking at the installation photo hor...