• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Door Pal

Guest Raskie

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest millionmilebenz

Yes, that would be a dream come true!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's always hunting for those lots that are in between two pillars, or at least with no car on my left side (if other car is on my right, at least lower chances since the passenger seat of the other car may not be occupied).

speaking of selfish lots, there are plenty of them around where I call home. bastards take up 3 lots for 2 cars. and they're not even high end continental models!! OMG the nerve..

speaking of selfish lots, there are plenty of them around where I call home. bastards take up 3 lots for 2 cars. and they're not even high end continental models!! OMG the nerve..

my temp residence at pandan valley got many many this kind of ppl at the multi storey car park. at least some of them bother to drive to the lesser occupied higher decks to do this..

others just park downstairs...

and from what i notice, its the more expensive continentals that wouldn't mind squeezing a bit and parking together.. got a black FL 523i, brown FL E230 and silver E200.. all park together in the tighter lots and are good examples of the more courteous neighbours who greet u when they see you...

of course i understand that some others really value their cars and take care of it like their baby.. theres this blue subaru.. wa.. the guy come back everyday in business attire, den change to shorts / 3/4s and cap den wash his car like polishing diamond... salute him for his passion..

my temp residence at pandan valley got many many this kind of ppl at the multi storey car park. at least some of them bother to drive to the lesser occupied higher decks to do this..

others just park downstairs...

Hahaha allow me to add more to the mix. Plenty of tai tais driving large luxury vehicles who own preciously manicured digits that would break upon flicking the signal stick ? Worst of all, they give you cold disapproving stares when you chide them for their discourteous actions. Don't you wish you could send them back to driving school ?

wahahaha ... my cousin (woman) is one such driver ... imagine when I came right next to her at a traffic light and despite our frantic waving of hands thru wind-down windows, we cld not get her to take a glance at our direction !!!!

???

i remembered when I got my first car ... and saw the first dent on my door ... it was all so devastating that I sat down on the kerb and stare at the dent ... all heart-broken !!! kekeke ..

Guest millionmilebenz

My brother has a classic explanation for why some women drivers are like that...

Once they get into the car, they actually become unawares of all other "human" drivers out there. They think they are the only car in some kind of "simulation game". Basically, their mind never got out of the "driving school obstacle course"! kekekeke.... :P :P :P

Guest millionmilebenz

Wah, I don't do that lah... I just try to protect my car by choosing the safest lots, and at my place, those lots sure are popular!! ;)

Guest millionmilebenz

and from what i notice, its the more expensive continentals that wouldn't mind squeezing a bit and parking together.. got a black FL 523i, brown FL E230 and silver E200.. all park together in the tighter lots and are good examples of the more courteous neighbours who greet u when they see you...

Agree with you, I've noticed that too! These are also more likely to be the considerate ones who will be careful when opening their car doors.

As the saying goes, birds of the same feather flock together...

millionmilebenz ]

and from what i notice, its the more expensive continentals that wouldn' wrote:

Agree with you, I've noticed that too! These are also more likely to be the considerate ones who will be careful when opening their car doors.

As the saying goes, birds of the same feather flock together...

pai seh, i think you misunderstood.. its like, this cars, they don't really bother about where they park... they go for convenience.. so long as theres an empty lot, they'll just park instead of hunting around for a bigger lot where they're cars are unlikely to be hit by the other door.. guess they are too rich liao.. dent here or knock there doesnt matter...

Guest millionmilebenz

pai seh, i think you misunderstood.. its like, this cars, they don't really bother about where they park... they go for convenience.. so long as theres an empty lot, they'll just park instead of hunting around for a bigger lot where they're cars are unlikely to be hit by the other door.. guess they are too rich liao.. dent here or knock there doesnt matter...

Oops, hahaha... Yes, there are many people whose cars are just "transportation" to them. We're the ones in the minority and others call us "crazy" - at least my wife does! Hahaha! ;D

Guest SgLaKsa

Yes, that would be a dream come true!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's always hunting for those lots that are in between two pillars, or at least with no car on my left side (if other car is on my right, at least lower chances since the passenger seat of the other car may not be occupied).

don't forget that passengers are normally more careless when opening car doors as compared to drivers (maybe b'cos they don't own a car so don't understand how much car owners pamper their cars)

Guest millionmilebenz

don't forget that passengers are normally more careless when opening car doors as compared to drivers (maybe b'cos they don't own a car so don't understand how much car owners pamper their cars)

True! Case in point ----> my dear wife. Once, she drove the W124 while I was out of town. I had parked it in a space "protected" by pillars left and right. She started moving the car out and immediately turned the wheel... IMPACT! But worse still, she kept on driving and turning!! Wah piang, ended up with a long deep indentation all the way on the left side.... I was so sad! :o:( :'(

If she finds out that I've spilled her story here, I think she'll purposely go and do it again... hahahahaha! :P

I had parked it in a space "protected" by pillars left and right. She started moving the car out and immediately turned the wheel... IMPACT! But worse still, she kept on driving and turning!! Wah piang, ended up with a long deep indentation all the way on the left side....

very famialiar lei... hmmmm ROAR........ ;D ;D ;D