• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Sunglasses holder for W204

Guest jtang

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Yap ST

Bro,

U willneed to go down make the order and make the payment before they place order for you.

Address: 209 Pandan Gardens

5 day work week

Closed at lunch 1230 - 1330 hrs

Tel: 65684631/2

Mr Gilbert

Cheers

Guest 6008

Yap ST wrote:

bro extra6,

Have u collected ur Sunglass holder? I had mine and had fixed up... swee swee heeeee

:whistle::bounce:

Bro . Post pics to show leh . :becky:

Guest jtang
what's the part number for this to match greyish white roof trimming?[/

7E94 grey

8K67 buckskin (brown???)

8N96 beige

9051 black

Guest extra6

Yap ST wrote:

bro extra6,

Have u collected ur Sunglass holder? I had mine and had fixed up... swee swee heeeee

:whistle::bounce:

Bro Yap, just collected it yesterday but do not have the tools then to fix it. Will do so today.

Guest jtang

MrsGoh wrote:

So far all for driver's side? Anyone fix on passenger side? Should be the same right?

Yes! It's the same...Tell Mr.Goh to order 2pcs:becky:.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kreampuff

Yap ST wrote:

Bro,

U willneed to go down make the order and make the payment before they place order for you.

Address: 209 Pandan Gardens

5 day work week

Closed at lunch 1230 - 1330 hrs

Tel: 65684631/2

Mr Gilbert

Cheers

Went down to order but realised it was a waste of time as I can use my service credits to pay for the item...so could have done it by phone.

Guest Yap ST

Bro if by Phone u will not be issue with any order confirmatio right?

kreampuff wrote:

Went down to order but realised it was a waste of time as I can use my service credits to pay for the item...so could have done it by phone.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dudemobile

I got the clips out but the handle is still stuck and am not sure how to get the handle out. Did you use the L shape metal piece to pry the handles out as well?

Tried using a flat head small screwdriver to press the latches but cannot budge la. Paiseh, but if only your metal clip works, I might need your professional assistance. Kopi/teh/Milo Peng on me.

Guest Yap ST

Bro where do u stay? Or w r u now?

dudemobile wrote:

I got the clips out but the handle is still stuck and am not sure how to get the handle out. Did you use the L shape metal piece to pry the handles out as well?

Tried using a flat head small screwdriver to press the latches but cannot budge la. Paiseh, but if only your metal clip works, I might need your professional assistance. Kopi/teh/Milo Peng on me.

Guest kreampuff

Just installed mine too.

My unofficial instructions for removal

Tools required - narrow flathead screw driver

1. Pull down handle to expose plastic clips. Insert flathead screw driver into slot and twist or pry out plastic clips. They should be pulled out almost vertically towards you, assuming you are sitting in driver seat. Try not to damage the clips as you will need to use the same clips for your sunglass holder.

2. After removing both clips, time to remove handle. Instead of using all your strength to yank the handle down towards you by pulling on it, use your right palm to PUSH UP the base of the handle and at the same time, use your left hand to pull on the handle with a strong steady pressure. The handle should come out without having to use hulk strength.

3. Snap in the sunglass holder, push in the clips and viola, done.

Please note, I am not a professional and the above instructions should be used at your own risk. I'm just sharing what worked for my own vehicle.

Anyone wants to buy a grey C204 grab handle?:bounce:

Guest Yap ST

Bro u sound like pro man... U work in C n C?

Hahah

kreampuff wrote:

Just installed mine too.

My unofficial instructions for removal

Tools required - narrow flathead screw driver

1. Pull down handle to expose plastic clips. Insert flathead screw driver into slot and twist or pry out plastic clips. They should be pulled out almost vertically towards you, assuming you are sitting in driver seat. Try not to damage the clips as you will need to use the same clips for your sunglass holder.

2. After removing both clips, time to remove handle. Instead of using all your strength to yank the handle down towards you by pulling on it, use your right palm to PUSH UP the base of the handle and at the same time, use your left hand to pull on the handle with a strong steady pressure. The handle should come out without having to use hulk strength.

3. Snap in the sunglass holder, push in the clips and viola, done.

Please note, I am not a professional and the above instructions should be used at your own risk. I'm just sharing what worked for my own vehicle.

Anyone wants to buy a grey C204 grab handle?:bounce:

Guest kreampuff

Yap ST wrote:

Bro u sound like pro man... U work in C n C?

Hahah

No lah, but sharing is caring.

I was hoping to find some instructions online before I started but couldn't do so, so posted my own instructions after I managed to pull the handle out.

But I have to say the positioning of the holder is a bit awkward as it is behind your head. Taking your sunglasses out while driving or putting it in can be a bit dangerous, compared to other car models where the holder is in the centre middle.

kreampuff wrote:

No lah, but sharing is caring.

I was hoping to find some instructions online before I started but couldn't do so, so posted my own instructions after I managed to pull the handle out.

But I have to say the positioning of the holder is a bit awkward as it is behind your head. Taking your sunglasses out while driving or putting it in can be a bit dangerous, compared to other car models where the holder is in the centre middle.

That's becos this was designed as an afterthought from customers' complaints. It's cheaper to produce this instead of redesigning a whole new roof console.