• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Modify / Change Exhaust

Guest sy69u

Hi guys, any body tried modifying their exhaust from Man Exhaust. Heard that it makes the drive slightly more powerful without replacing the exhaust with those expensive kind. Cost only a couple of hundreds. Also understand that there is going to be a little bit noisy, especially for ppl at the back seats. Would love to meet up & hear how noisy it will be during the coming meet up. Need to double confirm the power & noise before I do it. There is no turning back for this if I do it.

Anybody?

Cheers,

SY

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kompressor,

Ok bro. Thanks. Actually, CBLACK was the ONE who 'poison' me. hahahaha. Just wanted to be extra sure about how noisy it will be. Will see you guys during the meet up.

cannot say here lah.. public forum leh..

pm me also. i also 1 2 know. better do it quick becoz i'm going to aman on 29 jan morning for the 'operation'.

cheers

sy

i don't think mine is a gd setup, i think i did mine wrongly & i'm losing power.

i'm now looking ard for good centre piping... (already using Kleeman head & AMG tail).

ok guys. just did my 'by-pass'. did it at AMAN Exhaust at sin ming

the feel is great. less jerky. less noise from the sprint boaster acceleration. but wonderful lion's purr. not too loud, just nice. now to monitor the fuel consumption.

also added my old Fuel Max. put in all my 4 sets last evening. when i left the house tis morning to sin ming, hold & behold, i reached 8.41L/100KM. 1st time in 6 months after driving this car. Now with the 'by-pass' on the exhaust, it should work even better. 'cross fingger' & 'touch wood', hope nothing happens to my car these next couple of days. hahahaha.

'roaring' away

sy

dewey ]

bro sy69u, now you may want to consider also operate on the center cat wrote:

gd meh?? i regret leh...

i looking for good custom made centre piping... cannot find leh...

in my previous ride (W203) when i only operated on the muffler, it feel a bit choke. but after i operated on the centre cat, the flow was much better and also the sound got much more louder also :P Go to Man Exhaust and ask him to custom make for you lah.

CBlack ]

gd meh?? i regret leh...

in my previous ride (W203) when i only operated on the muffler, it feel a bit choke. but after i operated on the centre cat, the flow was much better and also the sound got much more louder also :P Go to Man Exhaust and ask him to custom make for you lah.

alamak bro, centre now arh? like tat i should hav changed the whole exhaust. hahahaha. but dont 1 it to be so loud lah. comfort must be there on a merc. like tat, i should hav bought an audi or bmw. YOU really 'poison' me lei. but anyway, will check with Man again (backside ichy). lol.

really appreciate ur advises bro cblack.

roaring away

sy

sy69u ]

gd meh?? i regret leh...

alamak bro, centre now arh? like tat i should hav changed the whole exhaust. hahahaha. but dont 1 it to be so loud lah. comfort must be there on a merc. like tat, i should hav bought an audi or bmw. YOU really 'poison' me lei. but anyway, will check with Man again (backside ichy). lol.

roaring away

sy

ok loh, u go check then update us...

if Man can custom make centre pipe, then u let me know.

are you guys talking about operating on the stock exhaust? cause i changed mine to a sebring and it's too hush. would you guys recommend that i go for an op too? or should i just change to a new exhaust? (which i prefer not to)

roaring away

sy

wow lau, you all ah..., getting me very itchy lei...

should have join the group buy (four-eggs) buy the exhaust tips, than go to Man and do it!!!!

hai.... :-\ :-\

well desmond already re-posion me liao to restart my modding... :o hmmm looking for WALD kit...

but heard only Fibre-type lei..

for everyone info, mod centre box is loud hor. when cblack drive into any tunnel, you can hear him from the other side of the tunnel. hahahahaha

haha... actually i missed the sound. i find my brabus exhaust a bit tame :P