• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Charity Drive and GTG

Guest 9339

Hi, wondering can we arrange a charity drive or carnival for the needy? Can someone with such knowledge or experience arrange some event like this? Maybe you guys can do it on the Sgmerc annual meeting or some day.Count me in as i will be sure to be there.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SgLaKsa

Hi, wondering can we arrange a charity drive or carnival for the needy? Can someone with such knowledge or experience arrange some event like this? Maybe you guys can do it on the Sgmerc annual meeting or some day.Count me in as i will be sure to be there.

sounds cool... looking forward to it.

hey bro, done your number plate??

Guest millionmilebenz

Sorry sorry!! Was just in HKG so missing out on the recent action.

Bro 9339, we are certainly interested in doing Charity Events in parallel with Club Activities. We have done a fund-raising for a group that supports those with spinal-cord injuries (i.e. paralyzed), as well as individual volunteer work for that same group.

To do a charity drive on a bigger level, we can link up with other car-clubs (e.g. SGR) as well as car dealerships (e.g. C&C) to do an annual event. Like you said, the idea is to link it with the Annual Dinners, or Driving Trips, so participants can also contribute to charity.

If you're interested to contribute your time and efforts in this area, please PM me your personal contacts.

The same goes to all members who are reading this thread and would like to do something.

Thanks!!!

Hi, Had PM you my contact, were always thinking if we could do some fund raising for the YOUNG , or maybe can arrange a Island Driving Convoy with them on board our ride would be many of their dream, As i think many of them would maybe had not sat in a car or best if it is MERC. Shall wait for your arrangement or some others members which have that abillities to arrange this Dream comes true event for them. Giving a helping hand can make your everyday great ;D

Guest millionmilebenz

Absolutely, bro! Always glad to have another charitable member come on board. :)

Your idea is a good one. This past meet-up we've discussed with SGR and the next charity event is indeed most likely to do with a children organization. We'll keep you posted and invite you to get involved.

Absolutely, bro! Always glad to have another charitable member come on board. :)

Your idea is a good one. This past meet-up we've discussed with SGR and the next charity event is indeed most likely to do with a children organization. We'll keep you posted and invite you to get involved.

let us noe some updates here mmb, i wouldn't mind joining...

Guest SgLaKsa

hey bro, done your number plate??

Opps sorry now then see your post :P :-[ you saw it at the meetup already lor, hehe only change the front. At least when seen from just the rear its still legal, but until you see both... keke.

I would gladly join but I reckon most kids would opt for a ride in the SLK. Hahahahahaha. Either that or I'd have to seriously pimp my ride out with installing PS3s and multiple monitors for a real sensory experience.

Guest millionmilebenz

Yes, indeed convertibles have the most magical draw for kids (and adults too) ;)

A short while back someone did this as part of his wedding and he appealed for SG Merc members with convertibles to join in. http://sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=719.0

But it doesn't need to be only convertibles or flashy coupe's. Kids can be enthralled as long as you have a good story to tell. Still remember how my nephews were wow'ed when they found out that my car is 3x their age and that our family has been driving Merc for > 30 years. I think if we put together a Mercedes story that teaches the spirit of excellence, innovation, and heritage, it will be a good day for the kids. Of course, to top it off we can have Merc toys for the kids to bring home (sponsored by C&C) hint hint! ;) ;)

millionmilebenz ]

Yes, indeed convertibles have the most magical draw for kids (and adults too) wrote:

http://sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=719.0[/url]

But it doesn't need to be only convertibles or flashy coupe's. Kids can be enthralled as long as you have a good story to tell. Still remember how my nephews were wow'ed when they found out that my car is 3x their age and that our family has been driving Merc for > 30 years. I think if we put together a Mercedes story that teaches the spirit of excellence, innovation, and heritage, it will be a good day for the kids. Of course, to top it off we can have Merc toys for the kids to bring home (sponsored by C&C) hint hint! ;) ;)

MMB, your family was the one featured on the c&c benz ad about a couple of years ago? the one where the slk was shown driving away?

Guest millionmilebenz

MMB, your family was the one featured on the c&c benz ad about a couple of years ago? the one where the slk was shown driving away?

Paiseh, pardon my Singlish but you "see me too up" already! :P I think you're referring to the family that has owned many Merc's for over 50 years. In fact you can meet the old gentleman - he goes to the Singapore Vintage Car Club that meets every last Sunday of the month (same as us) at Marina South Carpark A. During the few months when we also had our gatherings there, I think he drove a different Merc each time. :o

I am not worthy!!! :-[ :-[ :-[