• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Petrol

Guest angela

Hi Folks,

Came across this email from another forum and like to share,

Subject: Don't buy petrol on 24th Jan 2008 !!

Hi folks,.......... Lets give it a try!

Lets fight the high cost of PETROL. Lets HELP OURSELVES against the PETROL COMPANIES!!

If we all cooperate, it should give a SHOCK to the petrol industry!

Lets give it a try. Got NOTHING to lose !!!

See message below>>>>>>

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF

PETROL FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD

CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OVER

4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL

COMPANIES.

THEREFORE "24th JANUARY " HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP

THEIR BEHIND "DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A

SINGLE DROP OF PETROL THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY

PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT

GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES

THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF PETROL GOING UP BUT

AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES,

TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH AFFECTS

PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING,

BUILDING SUPPLIES MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY,

WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD.

FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE

24 JANUARY A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH".

We forward so many junk email to many of our friends, now let us do it

for some useful cause to cut down the price of the petrol........

REMEMBER: JANUARY 24, 2008.... NO Petrol Day...!

Please "Think Of It ..............

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K, sound interesting. But are we violating the laws if we were to spread this topic? anyway my both car tank are still at 3/4 mark, will not pump petrol on 24 Jan to support you and myself...

some time when stop beside a bus and look up and saw those people inside the bus, I consider myself very lucky.

very true. I did the exact same thing a couple of days ago. was along stamford road when I stopped next to a crowded sbs bus and looked up! very thankful for my car indeed.

the problem with public transport (esp taxi) is that they are everywhere when you dun need one ... when you do, they all disappear, on-call or shift-changing ...

on rainy days .... :'(

Guest Cklasse

do you guys know how expensive taxi nowadays.

my bro took a cab from airport to westcoast, used to pay 20 plus and now cost him 30 plus.

we shall see if they will reduce the cab fare once the oil price drop further.

try give yourself a chance take a public transport and we will know how ex.

I only know when I take MRT (that's when I send car for service), I get to see a lot of pretty girls....some thing sitting in a car cannot get.

Guest kepiting1sg

do you guys know how expensive taxi nowadays.

my bro took a cab from airport to westcoast, used to pay 20 plus and now cost him 30 plus.

we shall see if they will reduce the cab fare once the oil price drop further.

try give yourself a chance take a public transport and we will know how ex.

My usual return trip from Batam Island is during peak period from HFC to Pasir Ris.

Before taxi fare increase and evening ERP charges on ECP (0.50 cent) usually is about S$20.00 +/- 0.40 cent

Now my taxi fare after all the ccb increase is now S$26.70 average. :o :o :o

Lucky thing is that my grandfather (company) is footing the bill (at this rate @ 2 x/ week dunno for how long more

grandfather will continue paying) ::)

At times for early evening walk with my family, I will usually park my car at HFC (S$2.00 per entry), take the MRT to Orchard. Finished my walk, take the MRT again back to HFC for my car ride home. This way, I avoid paying the double evening ERP at Orchard, traffic jams, expensive car parking @ wasting petrol cruising in the car park to find a parking lot.

Just look at HK, despite the crowded roads, it's still pretty easy to get around on the public transport.

No LTA authorising the bus routes, no monopoly on bus routes especially with the mini buses.

Until today, still dunno what kind of "world class transportation system" we have. Do we???? :-[ :-[ :-[

Guest millionmilebenz

Just look at HK, despite the crowded roads, it's still pretty easy to get around on the public transport.

No LTA authorising the bus routes, no monopoly on bus routes especially with the mini buses.

Until today, still dunno what kind of "world class transportation system" we have. Do we???? :-[ :-[ :-[

Hear hear!! I agree completely. My wife is from HKG and I travel to HKG for business every other month, so HKG vs SIN bashing is an everyday event. On all grounds I stand firmly patriotic, EXCEPT when it comes to public transport where I give the well-deserved praise to HKG.

I think SIN's public transport is a disgrace to our "world class standards". The funny thing is, no one is happy about the situation - not the local consumers who pay high prices and get sub-standard services, not the foreign tourists who are clueless about all these "weird fees" and feel ripped-off, not the taxi drivers who think they got the short end of the stick.... Oh wait, what about the TAXI/MRT/BUS COMPANIES???

Ha ha I travel to HK 6-7 times a year for the last 12 yrs. Except for No 8 typhoon flag, always very easy to get taxi. Even No 8 flag raised, still can get taxi except very expensive.

SG taxi system as is most things in SG is all highly regulated and a real joke compared to HK. Come to think of it Shenzhen taxi system seems better than SG.

;)

• 3 months later...
Guest Raskie

wow ... just read that light crude has surge past the $130 a barrel ... aiyoh .... :banghead:

more catch me if you can from our cartels here ... :death:

Guest kopimonster

world class money generating ERP system perhaps? ::)

Guest jenvid

wow ... just read that light crude has surge past the $130 a barrel ... aiyoh .... :banghead:

It is $135 now !!! as at 1.05pm

Fuel surcharge revision sure to come again for airlines and such. Oil broking is the way! - chicks to drink with and plenty of oil to bathe in

Guest kepiting1sg

It is $135 now !!! as at 1.05pm

After all the demonstrations across Indonesia againts fuel price increases, last nite they increase petrol prices by 28.7%. Premium Petrol is now Rp6,000 or S$0.90/lt .....wahhahahahah!

Only this time they don't shoot or hurt the demonstrators which exactly 10 years ago caused the fall of former President Suharto.

Guest Raskie

time to pull out the bicycle from the storeroom and pump-up the wheels ... hmmm, now where did I keep my helmet and hopefully me fat ass can still balance itself on the seat ...

:2guns:

• 1 month later...
and I just top up my tank for $115 this morning......I also want to say Chicken Pie liao.

Brudder xi2 guan4 jiu4 hao3 liao3... better you eat more chicken pie than curse chicken pie