• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

anyone keen to go JB to change tires?

Guest et209

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my rear tires r due to a change. aynone keen to go? i don't know, is it cheaper on the other side of the causeway? any bros out there with recommendations?

it all depends on which brand of tires you are targeting to change

my prev W123, i always changed it in JB. used Dunlop.(Malaysian Made), now no more manufacturng the type of tires I like!, Le Mans

now W124 have 2 tires getting really bald on the sides!!, heehee must do some drifting to burn tires!! :P :P

i'm also looking around for prices and best value for $$

hmmm my mech say change in SG better, its much cheaper esp for branded tires!

Guest millionmilebenz

I concur... Go only if we can find at least a decent-sized group and only go to a shop that one of the members is very familiar with. Even with "commodity items" like tires, you never know.

Here's a horror story for you - my Dad drives his W124 up and down the NS highway very frequently, and during one of these trips the car started vibrating heavily at speed, with the vibrations coming from the engine bay. He pulled to the side of the road and a tow truck came eventually, the guy towed it to his workshop and after inspection said there's a bunch of serious problems. Hauled out the engine etc., and said might as well do an overhaul ("cheap cheap! give you discount!"). Charged my Dad muuuuuuucho $$$$ (my Dad had no choice, the car was already with that guy and supposedly "inoperable").

Once back in Singapore, my Dad brought it to our trusted mechanic to check and sure enough, the bugger didn't do jack-sh*t! The overhaul was not done, and the problem was only with the engine mount!

It's highway robbery, literally.

P.S - the mechanic was through AA, so you really can't trust anybody.

wat tires r u looking at et209? if u dun mind those made in malaysia dunlop and conti i can recommend u a place in Johore Jaya. do not let any strangers tow ur car when left stranded on msian highway with regards to wat bro millionmilebenz mentioned.

my rear tires r due to a change. aynone keen to go? i don't know, is it cheaper on the other side of the causeway? any bros out there with recommendations?

Tires in JB are NOT that cheap ...went to 2 shops and prices quoted were much higher than locally ... if u have wat u want in mind, call ard a few shops to check out the best deals ... can try Soh Bros in AMK. I use him over the years and happy with this prices ... or u can let me know wat u need and I will check with him for you.

anyone can recommend me tyre for 18" rim font , 225/45 rear 245/35

any ideal what will be the price like? raskie can check michellin sport new model with soh bro for me? thank-you.

Regards,

anthony

anyone can recommend me tyre for 18" rim font , 225/45 rear 245/35

any ideal what will be the price like? raskie can check michellin sport new model with soh bro for me? thank-you.

Regards,

anthony

Hi, just to confirm .. is it the PS2 you are asking ? if yes, will check it out for you.

Hey bro some say conti 3 also good what say you.

if for 18" AMG rim front 225/40 rear 245/40 or

front 225/45 rear 245/40 which is better?

what kind od size is recommend?

i was quote est $1700 for it.

Wow. i didnt know that 180 is cheap liao.. hee.. ok then i'll change in sg. if i have more info on other tyres; i'll update you guys. my regular guy is the corner shop at upper thomson (next to standard chartered)..

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Kompressor ]

Wow. i didnt know that 180 is cheap liao.. hee.. ok then i' wrote:

bro there are not cheap, i used to visit them and i realised they no longer competitive.

you can visit Hurry, Poh Heng, or SE

Yup, South East (SE) good workmanship, look for Ah Ho or Ah Meng.

ok finally i got bridgestone 235/40 255/35 on amg rim 18inch.

price $1600.00

Oh okie ... just got the quote from Soh for PS2 ... $395 for the front (225/40) and $550+- ( thereabouts - din quite hear the exact as phone was noisy) ... so could have been $1900+- for the PS2 set

Guest millionmilebenz

bro there are not cheap, i used to visit them and i realised they no longer competitive.

you can visit Hurry, Poh Heng, or SE

Yup, South East (SE) good workmanship, look for Ah Ho or Ah Meng.

Can you please post their address / phone if you have it handy? Thanks!

Guest mekenics

wah bros out there,

I go across when was driving my w203 then & still do now. Our 3-ponters not really that much of an eye-sore to them la. Its our attitude & driving manners that sometimes differ from theirs that can cause some friction rub.

Go to a shop in taman johore jaya to do my rubber change. the pricing quite close to local shops but its the workmanship that impressed me. which shop here does test drive to see if the new tires pull to 1-side, steering mis-align etc...

i had a pair of F@lk*n FK452's (not the lower end models hor) installed locally before & drove off. steering kept pulling 1 side & went back to ask wats wrong. they said their tires was alrite & gave me a load of their bull-story. made a trip down to the shop in JB & they changed out the 452's. immediately the pulling was gone! ended up having to trade in my very new 452's! (of course i got a v gd price for the toyo's that i changed to la ;D)

when its time to sell car they even exchanged my 80% toyo's for some worn out ones with cold hard $$$

refund. try beating that!

All I am saying is experiences may vary so "lets not use a bamboo pole & topple a boat of ppl"

Cheers

disclaimer: I am 100% S'porean & am in no way related to any tire shops. So no naming of shops involved.

Guest millionmilebenz

All I am saying is experiences may vary so "lets not use a bamboo pole & topple a boat of ppl"

Completely agree, Bro! There are lots of friendly and reliable shops there, but you must know who to look for.