• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

- 18" AMG 6-twin-spoke staggered wheels

Guest vincemerz

Guest jtang

ck9269 wrote:

Hi Bro, apologies my eyes must have been playing tricks.. good to know that it fits perfectly! :)

regarding the 255 to 225... I forgot to mention that the seller currently has 255 on all wheels as it was taken from an e-coupe and not W204. so i'll probably have to change that to 225 for the front instead of 255, then keep the rear as 255?

The front wheel is 8" wide, it's impossible to fit 255 for the front. Anyway, the original specs for E coupe is 235/40/18. You must be mistaken.

Guest ck9269

jtang wrote:

The front wheel is 8" wide, it's impossible to fit 255 for the front. Anyway, the original specs for E coupe is 235/40/18. You must be mistaken.

I think they probably just fitted in 255 for the showroom car to make it nice. Anyway, thank you so much for the info bro! Wonderful help! :D

Guest blackmercs

vincemerz wrote:

I'm confused! Can post the final correct fitting and offset and tire size for the 18 inch amg to a w204?

U r not alone that's y I m askIng him to revert the finding.

Guest jtang

Bros, allow me to enlighten you. The original specs for this 6 twin spoke on the E coupe is 235/40/18 for front & 255/35/18 for the rear. However, if this same set of staggered rims is fitted on the C class W204, the front is 225/40/18 & 255/35/18. The rear remains the same.

ck9269 bro mentioned about a E coupe with 255/35/18 all round is unusual & probably mistaken as fitting 255mm for the front 8" wide rim is quite impossible. It needs a 8.5" wide rim like the rear.

Guest vincemerz

jtang wrote:

Bros, allow me to enlighten you. The original specs for this 6 twin spoke on the E coupe is 235/40/18 for front & 255/35/18 for the rear. However, if this same set of staggered rims is fitted on the C class W204, the front is 225/40/18 & 255/35/18. The rear remains the same.

ck9269 bro mentioned about a E coupe with 255/35/18 all round is unusual & probably mistaken as fitting 255mm for the front 8" wide rim is quite impossible. It needs a 8.5" wide rim like the rear.

Any offset that we must know or anything to let the installer know?

Guest blackmercs

jtang wrote:

Bros, allow me to enlighten you. The original specs for this 6 twin spoke on the E coupe is 235/40/18 for front & 255/35/18 for the rear. However, if this same set of rims is fitted on the C class W204, the front is 225/40/18 & 255/35/18. The rear remains the same.

the million dollars question is that W204 & W212 are they sharing the same offset?

Guest blackmercs

jtang wrote:

The million dollar answer is YES for E coupe as it shares the same platform & chasis as W204. But W212 is different.

Is only the chasis coz the wheel & BBK is difference. If this is the same I will get my AMG BBK from Benzline which they claims is difference too. I wish is the same then I can let go my customise BBK to W204 owners. Also Leong Seng told me is difference offset too when someone offer his W204 to swap with my E cabrio rims. So back to the drawing board, got to wait for ck9269 confirm after swapping.

Guest ck9269

blackmercs wrote:

Is only the chasis coz the wheel & BBK is difference. If this is the same I will get my AMG BBK from Benzline which they claims is difference too. I wish is the same then I can let go my customise BBK to W204 owners. Also Leong Seng told me is difference offset too when someone offer his W204 to swap with my E cabrio rims. So back to the drawing board, got to wait for ck9269 confirm after swapping.

Bro, I'm overseas until next week. Will followup with the person who offered it to me when I'm back then update everybody :becky:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vincemerz

Guys,

i just called C and C.

They say for W204 if putting on 18 inch:

Front must be : 18x8 offset 45 225/40/18

Rear must be : 18x9 offset 54 255/35/18 or 18x8.5 offset 54 255/35/18

According to them E coupe amg rims are:

Front: 18x8 offset 45

Rear is 18x8.5 offset 49

They told me that no matter how not recommended to put the rear using ecoupe rims. mostly likely will bua fender.

So how?!??!?!?

Pls advise..

Guest kepiting1sg

On the contrary the rear offset is 54!

This is also stated in the Alloy Wheels Direct site!

http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/mercedes_alloy_wheels/e_class_coupe_c207_alloys/18_amg_iv_wheel_562

BTW I m using the E Coupe C207 AMG IV rims!

So how???? Buy lah!!!!! :lol:

Someone gotta set to sell?

No body buy! I buy to replace my kerbed rims....hehehe!

Guest vincemerz

kepiting1sg wrote:

On the contrary the rear offset is 54!

This is also stated in the Alloy Wheels Direct site!

http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/mercedes_alloy_wheels/e_class_coupe_c207_alloys/18_amg_iv_wheel_562

BTW I m using the E Coupe C207 AMG IV rims!

So how???? Buy lah!!!!! :lol:

Someone gotta set to sell?

No body buy! I buy to replace my kerbed rims....hehehe!

This proofs professionals at c and c could be wrong!!! = lehman crisis!!

Guest Bus Driver

Hi guys,

If it's any help to clarify,my C280 AMG sports package came with these:

AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels

front: 8.0J x 18 ET 50, tyre size 225 / 40 R 18

rear: 8.5J x 18 ET 54, tyre size 255 / 35 R 18

Guest kepiting1sg

IMHO

Your size for your W204 is correct.

Whereas the C207 or E Coupe with the AMG IV twin 6 spokes

has the same width but bigger offset for the front i.e

8.0J x 18 ET 45 slightly wider tyre size 235/40 R18

and the rear everything the same as the W204 i.e

8.5J x 18 ET 54 tyre size 255/35 R18

Guest kepiting1sg

vt5sport wrote:

Wondering if it is cheaper to buy AMG rims from this site or thru MBM or C&C?

Might be slightly cheaper including the shipping & 7% GST.

U can go and try to make an order and see how much the final figures come up to!

They also sell single pc for replacement too!

Guest vt5sport

kepiting1sg wrote:

Might be slightly cheaper including the shipping & 7% GST.

U can go and try to make an order and see how much the final figures come up to!

They also sell single pc for replacement too!

Juz tried it - works out to GBP1679/set for the AMG Type VI 18" incl shipping. Gosh, that's almost $1k cheaper than MBM!

Group buy anyone?.....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shakmal

Kind of noobs here..thinking on upgrading to 18" amg IV wheels for my W204 C200 CGI, but do I need to reuse the valve stem on my OEM rims or I can just simply change to the new wheels with the new valve stem. I believe that the TPMS is only applicable for th eW204 made in US..or might be wrong...headache...

Guest blackmercs

shakmal wrote:

Kind of noobs here..thinking on upgrading to 18" amg IV wheels for my W204 C200 CGI, but do I need to reuse the valve stem on my OEM rims or I can just simply change to the new wheels with the new valve stem. I believe that the TPMS is only applicable for th eW204 made in US..or might be wrong...headache...

Just upgrade need not worries abt the TPMS, it's shld works after up size the rims.

Guest kepiting1sg

shakmal wrote:

IIRC, the TPMS on our ride do not work on sensors from the valve stem but rather on the braking force with the abs/brake sensors. That could also be the reason the TPMS do not show actual tyre pressure in each respective wheel but will only activate warning if any of the wheel tyre pressure is "out of range"