• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204 C200 Elegance

Guest melody288

Guest melody288

Hi

Notice that most of the W204 C200/180K on the roads are Avant-garde model. If we were to opt for Elegance Model, how much is the discount?

Any brothers care to share? :'(

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Notice that most of the W204 C200/180K on the roads are Avant-garde model. If we were to opt for Elegance Model, how much is the discount?

Any brothers care to share? :'(

hi

I got the elegance model actually, cos don't like the avant.

no discount. same price, 151k. thats what C&C is selling. my SA told me worldwide shortage of C class, hence take it or leave it.

but i still go for the elegance, more because i prefer the look.

phicho ]

Hi

Any brothers care to share? :' wrote:

hi

I got the elegance model actually, cos don't like the avant.

no discount. same price, 151k. thats what C&C is selling. my SA told me worldwide shortage of C class, hence take it or leave it.

but i still go for the elegance, more because i prefer the look.

huh $151k? I call C&C and was told C200 is priced at $156,888 non-neg. Hw come you manage to get 5k+ disc?

lsk005 ]

phicho ]

Hi

hi

I got the elegance model actually, cos don' wrote:

huh $151k? I call C&C and was told C200 is priced at $156,888 non-neg. Hw come you manage to get 5k+ disc?

bonus miles, regular customer, etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi , Think C&C selling both elegance and avantgarde at same price $156,888. Deliver only after March , Thats why i took the PI avantgarde at $140,000 with 10days delivered.

$140k is after cash rebate?

Hi , Think C&C selling both elegance and avantgarde at same price $156,888. Deliver only after March , Thats why i took the PI avantgarde at $140,000 with 10days delivered.

NO, i did not take any cash rebate, i got it from a very good frenz of mine who own a reputable PI company. Anyone interested i can try to get you guys a good price,should not be much diff from mine. ;D Delivery time was on time, stock also avail..

lsk005 ]

phicho ]

Hi

hi

I got the elegance model actually, cos don' wrote:

Any way, I think C&C are selling both model at same price $156000, but can squeez for service and petrol discount up to 2K.

NO, i did not take any cash rebate, i got it from a very good frenz of mine who own a reputable PI company. Anyone interested i can try to get you guys a good price,should not be much diff from mine. ;D Delivery time was on time, stock also avail..

Hi at 140 what specs you got?

I heard PI has several specs.

The vincar C200 does not have rain sensor and memory seat for driver only and passenger one is semi auto.

Thanks

sugi ]

NO, i did not take any cash rebate, i got it from a very good frenz of mine who own a reputable PI company. Anyone interested i can try to get you guys a good price,should not be much diff from mine. wrote:

Hi at 140 what specs you got?

I heard PI has several specs.

The vincar C200 does not have rain sensor and memory seat for driver only and passenger one is semi auto.

Thanks

Ya Sugi, Some car come in diff spec but if you are wait their can intend to your require spec. Got a rain sensor on my Accord but find it useless thats why i did not want this. Ya, this Vin's are good and their stock are always ready. Service and after sale also good,Mine does not have the parktronic,rain sensor compare to C&C,the rest are same as i rather save 16K than having that.

Guest Cklasse

Hijacked this posting from other car forum. It's about buying merc from PI, and it's worth thinking about it.

-----------

I owned a PI Merc, bought it brand new, but sold it after 1.5 years.

Beware of the following:

- PI brings in Classic models and 'upgrades' it to Elegance or Avant Garde locally. Lower OMV (than C&C's factory-sourced models) clearly tells.

- At point of selling, I was always quoted market price initially ... but after the used car dealer inspected the car and found mine to be a PI Merc, their price dropped by $10K instantly. Don't worry, they have their way of finding out, cannot hide. You can go to 2,3,4,5 used car dealers, but the same tactics will be used. All quoted $10K less, after confirming mine was a PI Merc.

- When a TIBS bus rear-ended my Merc, NTUC Income was hard-nosed about not guaranteeing to replace damaged parts with brand new ones (if I were to use NTUC's authorized workshops). Their claim is that they will use refurbished parts, if available, for PI Mercs. I challenged them on this point, arguing that a PI Merc is also a genuine (i.e. it is not fake) Merc. But NTUC claims its their company policy and that if I want brand new parts, I would have to make a third-party claim at an outside workshop. Heck, my car was only 1.5 years old then!

- Repairing an accident PI Merc at C&C workshop will require up-front FULL payment, before repair work is done.

- To service your Merc at C&C workshop, you will have to pay a 'joining fee' and even then, you will always be put at the bottom of the day's queue, regardless of your check-in time. You will also not enjoy any parts discount, normally given to C&C Merc owners.

- Third-party workshops in AMK / Sin Ming area who claim to be 'Merc Experts' are not really. They even tried fixing parts with wrong part numbers (previous model's) to my then-new Kompressor model, even though the holes are not aligned (good thing Daimler-Benz manufactures idiot-proof parts, so as to prevent stoopid workshops like these from mixing up parts to car models of different years). Yet, the mechanics of such workshops can squat beside your car for hours (I kid you not) trying to forcefully ram in a part that won't even fit!

- Some PI workshops don't even have sufficient hoists to raise your car up, before draining spent lube oil prior to re-filling. So what they do is to use a vacuum suction to suck oil out of your engine sump at ground level. This of course will not remove the remnant oil and the metal particles which will act as accumulated abrasive material after each oil change. There goes your piston rings and cylinder internals!

So in short, all I have to say to you is: BUYER BEWARE!

Hi bro Cklasse, like what you mentioned others workshop are not that pro comparing C&C, than now i worry as my PI W204 are warranty by MBM, how? Can they handle my new Baby? My insured is also NTUC. worry i will face the same problem as your bad experience with PI.

Not to worry 9339. I daresay it's just a rare case. There are so many PI driven cars around Singapore!

C&C is just being petty doing things like putting a non C&C car at the end of the queue. It's not as if you're a non paying customer!

MBM is not a company you should be worrying about. They have a proven track record and are used by many members on this board.

Guest Cklasse

Not my car la.....the posting is from someone in other forum.

Mine is from C&C and I am happy with C&C. Not that I want to pay huge bill for their service (and this is one I don't like), it's their warranty claim that I like.

My encounter with C&C warranty claim has always been satisfactory. C&C is always willing to replace parts FOC as long as there is a valid reason and I had even gotten my break-down triangle replaced.