• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W124 230TE aka Old Hero

Guest gp

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest millionmilebenz

Your "Lau Hero" looks like it's in excellent condition.

The W124 Estate has a solid reputation as a very robust car that can last forever. Best of luck with the car!

• 2 months later...
Guest paullincoln

2097103279_531bb6d829_b.jpg

Just wanted to share... last December, i took ole' trusty to Bangkok. This photo was taken enroute. Its at the narrowest point of thailand and the gate you see in the background is the thai-burma border

Guest paullincoln

We can always organise one Drive Of The Year for SGMerc! ::)

SGMERC could head up to Bangkok for Dec 5. The club there usually celebrates the kings birthday.. but its a small event in comparison to the Mercedes Benz Day in Bangkok.. this year it was held in Feb

see link: http://forum.mercedes-benz-clubs.com/viewtopic.php?t=17554&sid=46652941eaa24f959b9f676cde2e8f66

SGMERC could head up to Bangkok for Dec 5. The club there usually celebrates the kings birthday.. but its a small event in comparison to the Mercedes Benz Day in Bangkok.. this year it was held in Feb

see link: http://forum.mercedes-benz-clubs.com/viewtopic.php?t=17554&sid=46652941eaa24f959b9f676cde2e8f66

you frequent NTU?? I seen you there often! I also like most of the Merc estate!!! so much so I'm trying hard to look for W202 estate!!!

Guest paullincoln

you frequent NTU?? I seen you there often! I also like most of the Merc estate!!! so much so I'm trying hard to look for W202 estate!!!

Yup.. i work at NTU.... and there are about 3 W124 TE's in NTU including mine and a W123 TE as well. As for a W202 estate, my mechanic services one... its dark blue and assures me that its not for sale :) I've asked.... i've also spotted a W210 before

http://sgmercedesestate.blogspot.com/2008/03/bertha-spotting-w210-mercedes-estate-in.html

2097103279_531bb6d829_b.jpg

Just wanted to share... last December, i took ole' trusty to Bangkok. This photo was taken enroute. Its at the narrowest point of thailand and the gate you see in the background is the thai-burma border

Hi Paul,

My respect to you for taking on such an arduous trip up North with your old faithful :)

Nice pic. Thanks for sharing. Driving my TE daily still and never fails to bring a smile on me that a 1986 car can still ride so well. With the rainy periods, my other E30 cabriolet spends most of its time at home :(

Guest CBlack

Your "Lau Hero" looks like it's in excellent condition.

The W124 Estate has a solid reputation as a very robust car that can last forever. Best of luck with the car!

i've seen a program on tv sometime ago that put the W124 Estate through the beating and it survive the test! great solid car i must say.

Guest paullincoln

gp ]

Just wanted to share... last December, i took ole' wrote:

Hi Paul,

My respect to you for taking on such an arduous trip up North with your old faithful :)

Nice pic. Thanks for sharing. Driving my TE daily still and never fails to bring a smile on me that a 1986 car can still ride so well. With the rainy periods, my other E30 cabriolet spends most of its time at home :(

Thanks for the kind words Benny, it was a great trip and Bertha was more or less a very good girl to me :) I would encourage you to take such a trip one day... and you have got to take the TE!

Guest paullincoln

CBlack ]

Your "Lau Hero" looks like it' wrote:

i've seen a program on tv sometime ago that put the W124 Estate through the beating and it survive the test! great solid car i must say.

It was Fifth Gear and I still have not forgiven them for that! it was beautiful late model, 16v TE with beige interior! HOW DARE THEY!