• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Go Karting this Saturday

Guest angela

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest millionmilebenz

It was a GREAT experience! We absolutely have to do it again.

Thanks to Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon for the orientation, guidance, and tips! You guys were fantastic and really patient with us. Many thanks!!

P.S: That's Jeff and Kompressor

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my story...

Was at the malaysia side 2nd link custom going back to Singapore. In the car with my bf. Customer officer held on to our passports and casually tell us that he is planning to go Singapore for some shopping but lazy to change money. Ask us whether he can change SGD20 with us or not. So we say ok (since he is holding out passport). Took out SGD20 pass to him, he pass us RM20... he ask again "ok?" still holding our passports. We have no choice but to accept his "exchange rate" and then he return our passports...

• 2 weeks later...

haha, watch out during the chinese new year. they definitely ask you for ang pao

ya bro...those greedy people. grrrr...

i went into jb via 2nd link with my parents on 2nd day on CNY...when we approached the malaysian customs,

was surprised to find 2 customs officers in 1 booth.

when i wound down my window the 1st officer cheerily greeted me with gong hee fatt choy...i just smiled and looked away.

preferring to ignore them.

while the 2nd officer was going thru the passports, the 1st guy asked for angpow.

half expecting it, i turned to my mum...clever ah, my mum...cos she already prepared a few $2 ringgit angpows to smoothen our route.

i gave just one angpow, that 1st guy accepted with glee and fortunately by then the passports were done...so i took it and drove off.

sigh...if they so free open up more counters lah..instead of getting such 'gains' from unsuspecting visitors.