• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

I.C.E installation

Guest Anlok

Guest kepiting1sg

Anlok wrote:

My car still on board ship reaching shores soon :becky: But the quotation I find it a bit ex leh...

hahahaha! Tok U installed liao!

Like we have said - listen to the stock system 1st, then U decide on either a budget or what U wanna do for the upgrade.:becky:

kepiting1sg wrote:

hahahaha! Tok U installed liao!

Like we have said - listen to the stock system 1st, then U decide on either a budget or what U wanna do for the upgrade.:becky:

After the quotation, I thought so too. But I'll go down to Swift Motion next week if I'm free to listen to sample set-up.

Guest Pattanct

stock system, no matter how, can never compared to after market setup, cos this will increase their production costs, then again, is up to you what you want and what you think it lack off....

Guest kepiting1sg

Anlok wrote:

By the way, Swift Motion claims to be the Audio Consultant of C&C Merc dept. Anyone here heard of it?

AFAIK They have been consulted & tested before by MB German engineers but dunno at this moment. Maybe some hasppening again!

Sam Swift Motion used to tell me.

"If a pack of Malboro is $12 and I sell U S$13.00, then it's expensive"

"When it comes to installation especially tuning then it's priceless"

Both Sam of Swift Motion & Cartoon of New Generation have prepared my previous rides for ICE competitions & "customised" instals.

When comes to tuning, both of them usually got into my ride in the dead of the nite and tuned till they fell asleep in my car. And they repeated this over many many nites......guess how much $$$ I've to pay them....hehehehe! :lol:

Guest Pattanct

kepiting1sg wrote:

AFAIK They have been consulted & tested before by MB German engineers but dunno at this moment. Maybe some hasppening again!

Both Sam of Swift Motion & Cartoon of New Generation have prepared my previous rides for ICE competitions & "customised" instals.

When comes to tuning, both of them usually got into my ride in the dead of the nite and tuned till they fell asleep in my car. And they repeated this over many many nites......guess how much $$$ I've to pay them....hehehehe! :lol:

pay them to sleep you mean....:music:

kepiting1sg wrote:

So did their set up win you a trophy?

Guest kepiting1sg

Anlok wrote:

So did their set up win you a trophy?

For the customised instals were mainly for Sat nites blasting at Yishun dam.

That was on my old W124 which undergone several rounds of instal changes.

Each change in instals usually takes 6 to 9 months for completion i.e ripping out old instals & wirings, fabrications, new instals, new wirings & tuning.

Enjoy the pics! :lol:

Won 1 Big & 1 Small - like tio beh pio!!! :lol:

Won Big - KL - Low Yat Plaza - JVC/Rockford Fosgate Competition for SQ - 1st place

2nd Place - Cartoon - New Generation

3rd Place - Ken - Kingsway

Yes! All of us drove to KL for the competition and all 3 Singapore cars swop all 3 top places.

My Ride - featured twice in Wheel Magazine & once in MY AudioZin Car Magazine

455006308_75b52fd13f.jpg

I sipeh tua pui last time -collecting my RM$5K worth of JVC stuff & champion trophy

1603570004_large.jpg

Invited as exhibit show car for one of the Car shows at EXPO

1603570045_large.jpg

For your legs only! It's OK for the rear passengers to put their feet on the McIntosh Amps....ran out of space in the boot :lol:

1603570015_large.jpg

Sat nite blasting session with my ride in Klang - Selangor

1603570009_large.jpg

This is what we saw at Klang and now we know how many speakers/subwoofers you can get into a Perodua Kancil :lol:

465914759_6309c94471.jpg

Yishun Dam kaki - My 1st appearance & setup

1603570019_large.jpg

The Juice Management - Ohio External Voltage Regulator for 230 Ampere High Output Alternator with the Stinger 200 ampere battery isolator

1603570035_large.jpg

Another change in instals from above to Fibreglass strictly for SQ only

455006300_8548bb72bc.jpg

Cartoon - New Generation former ride & show piece

465918704_a7cb1cefa3.jpg

Win Small - 2009 IASCA finalist! - 5th place - 1st heats

Final comments : - lost to the Thai judges but not necessary the other competitors.

Final outcome: - Decided to retire from ICE after nearly 30 years. :lol:

My supporters

4950833799_1eb2b25246.jpg

The Car

3481493183_9819efcf7c.jpg

The System - The Genesis CA250 amp for the Sony XES ribbon tweeters was specially designed and made for me by Genesis solely for that competition. U will not find this amp in any Genesis Amp catalog. The Sony XES Z50 full system was last sold by Sony Singapore for >S$25,000

2966160860_5116ff5495.jpg

What went into the back of the W203 earlier - Pairs of Ltd edition a/d/s 310px subwoofers - With all the ICE - No need to use lower springs or coilovers.

It was self lowering :lol:

455038037_67bcf0f00c.jpg

My current Beast in Pleasure Island - Lost to the Local Tax Dept :lol:

455041325_3681154507.jpg

Guest kepiting1sg

Anlok wrote:

Thanks for sharing kepiting1sg, but I'm not into as extensive as you. Just for a little :music: pleasure. So would you recommend Cartoon or Swift Motion?

What extensive - My ICE is now totally stock to the bone! Like I said, I've retired after >30 years of ICE.

IMHO,

If U are not into competition and want someone who has more time to listen to U and find out what U want; Swift Motion will be right for you.

Sam can sit down with U. Find out what U want and your budget.

Work out a proposal for U.

His team of workers, a few of them are very very "experienced" and have been with him for many years. Be it Jepun car, MB or exotic cars.

U will be in safe hands.

kepiting1sg wrote:

What extensive - My ICE is now totally stock to the bone! Like I said, I've retired after >30 years of ICE.

IMHO,

If U are not into competition and want someone who has more time to listen to U and find out what U want; Swift Motion will be right for you.

Sam can sit down with U. Find out what U want and your budget.

Work out a proposal for U.

His team of workers, a few of them are very very "experienced" and have been with him for many years. Be it Jepun car, MB or exotic cars.

U will be in safe hands.

Actually supposed to meet him tomo for demo but he's now out of town. So got to postpone till next week.

Guest kepiting1sg

Anlok wrote:

Actually supposed to meet him tomo for demo but he's now out of town. So got to postpone till next week.

He used to travel at times organizing ICE seminars, giving talks, judges training, judging at competitions etc.

Go meet him in his office! Wife Jenny can make U a nice cuppa!

It's a snake pit - very poisonous.....remember to keep to your budget....hahaha! :lol:

Tell him Unker Seah send his regards!

If U wanna see him on a Sat....Unker cum & meet U there cos I am back

to sg during weekends.:hand: