• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

I.C.E installation

Guest Anlok

Hi guys, I was advised against installing I.C.E within the first 3 years of warranty. Said they'll definately void the warranty. I don't have similar problems during my Subaru & Toyota time. Any guys here did it once they receive their new ride?

Guest kepiting1sg

Anlok wrote:

Hi guys, I was advised against installing I.C.E within the first 3 years of warranty. Said they'll definately void the warranty. I don't have similar problems during my Subaru & Toyota time. Any guys here did it once they receive their new ride?

C&C won't void your car warranty except for your car audio system.

My previous W203 - I did up my competition ICE in the 1st mth of ownership.

Likewise my current W212, I did added an after mkt media interface during the 1st week of ownership & subsequently replaced the stock Audio 20 with Command NTG4

Guest kepiting1sg

:welcome: to the forum and hope U enjoy your stay with us!

Join us at our mthly GTG which is held on the last Sunday of each mth @ Kallang Park Stadium F from 4.30pm onwards.

To ICEd your Merc, there are quite a few reputable installers that are very capable to do what U want.

Be it casual listening, "high end", competition ICE or a moving mobile disco :lol:

Guest blackmercs

Anlok wrote:

Mod when is new not later. There are handful of places u can mod yr ICE no issues at all. Maybe u would like to install a Command unit instead, if interested do a search in the forum.

Guest kepiting1sg

Anlok wrote:

But how good is the stock system? I'm not really looking at "tok kong" type. Not so pro :)

If U are not a discerning listener, the stock system should be good enough!

I m on stock system except upgraded the stock MB HU Audio 20 unit to the MB Command NTG 4 HU.

With that not only I can listen to CDs but also watch DVD and MB stock Navigation. All original speakers remains.

IMHO, Take your new ride, listen to the sound before making any plans for your ICE!

Thanx for all the replies! Think I'll stick to the stock & see how it goes. During test drive, I think it's quite ok to me. My current system include 2 amps, 12" woofer, surround speakers & Dvd HU. All JVC. Not tip top set up but very happy with it. So thinking of should I do it for my new ride. But since I guess everyone here has no major negative comments for the stock system, so I might as well hold on first.

I understand that most cars come with speakers which is "paper based", what about Mercs? I don't know whether you guys understand what I mean :) And does the stock come with stereo effect?

Anlok wrote:

I understand that most cars come with speakers which is "paper based", what about Mercs? I don't know whether you guys understand what I mean :) And does the stock come with stereo effect?

Bro MB speakers are paper based. The sound quality of MB sound is a lot better then most of the Japanese cars, however if you are into sound staging and clarity changing the speakers is the next best thing.

There are many installers that are very experience with MB, so come for the meeting to hear the difference. I'm sound the brothers here can give you some good advice.

cykp wrote:

Bro MB speakers are paper based. The sound quality of MB sound is a lot better then most of the Japanese cars, however if you are into sound staging and clarity changing the speakers is the next best thing.

There are many installers that are very experience with MB, so come for the meeting to hear the difference. I'm sound the brothers here can give you some good advice.

Thanx for the invitation. But I don't know can make it for meet ups or not. Anyone here tried installation by Poh Seng at Selegie? All along my ICE is done by them but I heard MB's wiring is quite complicated & can short circuit easily if not done properly. So I don't know if they're up to it. Of course if I ask them, they'll sure say CAN! Or any cheap & good recommendations by you guys?

LF918 wrote:

Hi guys,

I've installed my ICE w New Generation.Have being using this installer for quite a while(pass 3 cars).Can check it out if u want to find out more.:becky:

CAn I have the address & contact if you have? And does the Stock ICE come with stereo effect?

Guest kepiting1sg

Anlok wrote:

CAn I have the address & contact if you have? And does the Stock ICE come with stereo effect?

The stock car dun only comes with stereo but with multiple speakers.

No tok kong sound stage, centre image, depth & height of sound stage or tonal balance or accuracy! :lol:

Like the Bros daid - listen first before U decide to do anything - no need kang cheong! imho - not bad lah!

In ICE not much difference from Home audio except the bottom not as deep as home audio.

U can spend hundreds of dollars or in 5 figure sums going into competition ICE.

End of the day, it's your budget and what U are looking for!.

Beside New Generation - Cartoon aka Elson, U have his former boss Sam Tan of Swift Motion. Other reputable ones for MB includes Wee Heng at Autospritze.

All these installers are very experienced in all MBs including S Class & Exotic Cars - Esp. No. 2 swift motion - be it Lambo, Ferrari or Porsche.

They are so experienced they can stripped out your MB whole interior!!!! :lol:

1. New Generation AutoSound Enterprise

boss - Cartoon aka Elson

53 Ubi Ave 1 #01-44

Paya Ubi Industrial Park

tel: 63486220

mobile: 94500812

http://www.newgeneration.com.sg/

2. Swift Motion Enterprises Pte Ltd

boss - Sam Tan Wife: Jenny

11, Kaki Bukit Road 1, #04-04

Eunos Technolink, Singapore

tel: 62966330

mobile: 98781288

3. Wee Heng Auto Air-con Accessories

boss - Ah Wee - better to look for partner Ah Boon

115 Eunos Ave 3 (same place as AutoSpritze)

Tel : 62899876

mobile Ah Wee: 94558833

mobile Ah Boon: 81633839 (office hours only)

If you need reference, just mention Seah from Batam refers U!

My name stinks & they can remember me for life! :lol:

Dun worry! I dun get commission & U dun get carrot!

These installers are among the best in the market!

Sam is an IASCA judge trainer, hold judges seminars, give talks on audio & Cartoon has been IASCA Chief judge before.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/IASCA-SINGAPORE/120578664636081

If U need further help, just gimme a yell! :lol:

kepiting1sg wrote:

The stock car dun only comes with stereo but with multiple speakers.

No tok kong sound stage, centre image, depth & height of sound stage or tonal balance or accuracy! :lol:

Like the Bros daid - listen first before U decide to do anything - no need kang cheong! imho - not bad lah!

In ICE not much difference from Home audio except the bottom not as deep as home audio.

U can spend hundreds of dollars or in 5 figure sums going into competition ICE.

End of the day, it's your budget and what U are looking for!.

Beside New Generation - Cartoon aka Elson, U have his former boss Sam Tan of Swift Motion. Other reputable ones for MB includes Wee Heng at Autospritze.

All these installers are very experienced in all MBs including S Class & Exotic Cars - Esp. No. 2 swift motion - be it Lambo, Ferrari or Porsche.

They are so experienced they can stripped out your MB whole interior!!!! :lol:

1. New Generation AutoSound Enterprise

boss - Cartoon aka Elson

53 Ubi Ave 1 #01-44

Paya Ubi Industrial Park

tel: 63486220

mobile: 94500812

http://www.newgeneration.com.sg/

2. Swift Motion Enterprises Pte Ltd

boss - Sam Tan Wife: Jenny

11, Kaki Bukit Road 1, #04-04

Eunos Technolink, Singapore

tel: 62966330

mobile: 98781288

3. Wee Heng Auto Air-con Accessories

boss - Ah Wee - better to look for partner Ah Boon

115 Eunos Ave 3 (same place as AutoSpritze)

Tel : 62899876

mobile Ah Wee: 94558833

mobile Ah Boon: 81633839 (office hours only)

If you need reference, just mention Seah from Batam refers U!

My name stinks & they can remember me for life! :lol:

Dun worry! I dun get commission & U dun get carrot!

These installers are among the best in the market!

Sam is an IASCA judge trainer, hold judges seminars, give talks on audio & Cartoon has been IASCA Chief judge before.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/IASCA-SINGAPORE/120578664636081

If U need further help, just gimme a yell! :lol:

Thanx bro for the helpful info! Actually I'm not into competition standard nor got the budget :( I'm just looking at good sound clarity & stereo effect. I did up my Camry looking in this direction & spent about $4K including a DVD touch screen HU. Average listening pleasure will do :)

Guest kepiting1sg

Anlok wrote:

Thanx bro for the helpful info! Actually I'm not into competition standard nor got the budget :( I'm just looking at good sound clarity & stereo effect. I did up my Camry looking in this direction & spent about $4K including a DVD touch screen HU. Average listening pleasure will do :)

imho,

I would recommend a few options for U!

1. Keep Stock system - sell off your JVC stuff, amps & subwoofers

Here is a good place to sell your stuff:- http://sgsoundsystem.com/forum/

2. Upgrade to Command NTG 4 with Reverse Camera - This is >$14,000 option if U have put this as an option when U bought your C180 from C & C.

U can get Bro Camber 53 to do this retrofit for U <$5K.

U will get DVD, Original MB Navigation, PCMCIA slot to accept CF card with >16Gb + 6Gb Music Register = total >22Gb music in wma, mps, m4a songs format. Original MB Reverse Camera but no changes to your sound system in terms of speakers/amps.

U will have voice commands to operate your BT telephone, Navigation, Radio & CD/DVD.

3. Instal a Kenwood 2 Din HU Touchscreen with Garmin Navigation, use your amps, speakers & subwoofers with canbus so U can still operate some of the functions on your steering wheel but I don't think U will have infor on the instrument cluster. You will have DVD, BT Telephone, iPod, Navigation, Reverse Camera, USB. <$4K - see Ah Boon Wee Heng/AutoSpritze.

When I given up ICE after selling my W203 C180, I sold off all my entire possessions of amps, speakers, subwoofers, Head Units, processors, RTA, Oscilloscope, Power Supplies, Cables, Capacitor banks, etc which I still managed to recuperate back nearly $30K......hehehehe! :lol:

U will probably soon find out unlike a Jepun car, it;s not so "straight forward" to ICE up your MB ride or other conti rides like Audis & BMWs.

my Rp 2 worth!

kepiting1sg wrote:

imho,

U will probably soon find out unlike a Jepun car, it;s not so "straight forward" to ICE up your MB ride or other conti rides like Audis & BMWs.

That's what I heard, not many Audio Shops can do MB without having after effects. As mentioned, I'm not looking into big investments for my ICE. Just an average standard whereby passengers don't feel yucks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kepiting1sg

Anlok wrote:

I called Swift Motion yesterday. Change all 8 speakers + add on 2 amps ( made in Germany but forgot what brand ) will cost me min $3K. Quite ex hor...

Professional enough right?

After installs - U anlok anlok rite?......hehehehe! :lol:

On a serious note - after your change of speakers - sound quality must have improved by leaps!

kepiting1sg wrote:

Professional enough right?

After installs - U anlok anlok rite?......hehehehe! :lol:

On a serious note - after your change of speakers - sound quality must have improved by leaps!

My car still on board ship reaching shores soon :becky: But the quotation I find it a bit ex leh...