• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Anyone Interested? SL55

Guest angela

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mekenics

$250k buys me the cayman non-S tpye NEW!

may not be as quick but damn good to handle...

my weekly "thiam yu" 3-times to 4D-"kong" has not yielded any results thus far!

Guest angela

$250k buys me the cayman non-S tpye NEW!

may not be as quick but damn good to handle...

my weekly "thiam yu" 3-times to 4D-"kong" has not yielded any results thus far!

I guess it really depends on what you want from your car?

The "non-S" Cayman's OMV is only around $76k currently while that 4-year old SL55 has an OMV of $185k, hence the difference in retail price (after tax) & resale value.

The Cayman has a 2.7l 6-cyl engine producing 245bhp/273NM with top speed of 258km/h and 0-100km/h in 6.1s. The Cayman is an entry-level model in Porsche's line-up.

The SL55 has a supercharged 5.5l V8 engine producing 517bhp/720Nm with electronically-limited top speed of 250km/h and 0-100km/h in 4.5s. The SL55 is a top-end model in Mercedes's line-up.

I rest my case... 8)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest angela

Just curious....how many of you would pay S$339 to buy this 4-year-old car?

i'd buy the S350 for $328k any day. if i had tt kind of $ that is.

but $339k isnt a bad price for tt kinda car. iirc in a review of 5 great cars incl. F430, gallardo, an aston, a porche and the sl55, it came it as the most luxurious GT.. but of coz, to each his own, in sg a car with high lvls of comfort are good for waiting in jams. ;P