• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Command APS

Guest lalaisgongon

Guest Bus Driver

camber53 wrote:

2009 without KPE

2010 with KPE..

This is the easy way to check ...

Sorry, but i'm a noob to Merc and comand..what is KPE? is there any way you can access the Nav Data base menu to see?

Guest Bus Driver

camber53 wrote:

2009 without KPE

2010 with KPE..

This is the easy way to check ...

camber53 wrote:

Bro KPE the new experess way...

Ah..sorry forgot to mention that I'm from Malaysia...so is there any other way to check the Nav map version besides the KPE?

Guest kepiting1sg

OMG! Not only Chinese but the Command can display Japanese wordings too!

Today I slotted in a Jap CD - singer Kimi Natsukawa & was pleasantly suprised that the song titles in Jepunese appear in the display after reading from the Gracenote data base.

Guest oinkoink

lalaisgongon wrote:

HI

intending to get a w212 with Command aps FF. any bros have an comments on the system please share! i know many have it installed by camber! so please share on the good the bad!

like how to you enter destination while driving!

The Good: Voice control, Audio, Bluetooth tel, Address book, DVD, GPS, Clock, compass.

The Bad: No calender/date. DVD is region locked. GPS routing not optimised and rigid (even in Dynamic mode).

You can enter destination by voice command but it's a rather tedious protocol to follow.

Guest ironheart

oinkoink wrote:

The Good: Voice control, Audio, Bluetooth tel, Address book, DVD, GPS, Clock, compass.

The Bad: No calender/date. DVD is region locked. GPS routing not optimised and rigid (even in Dynamic mode).

You can enter destination by voice command but it's a rather tedious protocol to follow.

Region lock? Which region is it locked in?

Guest Bus Driver

Bus Driver wrote:

It showed Teleatlas..2010..

Thanks for the info..

Just to update,the Map version is also available from the Navi info on the Comand...so don't have to go through the Eng menu..just found out while fiddling:)

Guest camber53

lalaisgongon wrote:

can my front passenger use the command knob to enter destinaton while i am drving? hmm also what do yu mean not dynamic? hmm so cant watch most dvds isit?

Yes you can enter destination while driving ..

So far I do not have any problem on DVD ..

Guest camber53

Bus Driver wrote:

Just to update,the Map version is also available from the Navi info on the Comand...so don't have to go through the Eng menu..just found out while fiddling:)

Don't really get what you mean ..

Guest Bus Driver

camber53 wrote:

Don't really get what you mean ..

On the Navi screen,select Navi and a few options will be displayed. One of them(at the bottom iinm) is Map info..select that and it will show the MaP version..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lalaisgongon

hi guys.got my w212. with command aps FF from uk. eh bro camber here helped me with the maps. they look fantastic. althought they tend to love to use the highways. ehh my initial concern about using the command while driving is unfound. you can enter destination while driving, or you front passenger can. VC still gets abit getting use to. quiet and nice. smooth. but kinda of a drinker. got one problem that i still having figure out, some error about the Intell lights system saying that inoperatiable in smth smth.

Guest kepiting1sg

camber53 wrote:

bro he is not having prob with comand

his prob is with the int lights ...

Bro I know he got Int light problem! That one I cannot help him.

The Command Manual will help him on the frequent or simple commands that work.

We having la kopi/tcss/photo takes session next Fri @ McDonald's Queensway 3.00pm. U cumming? :becky:

Guest lalaisgongon

kepiting1sg wrote:

Bro I know his got Int light problem! That one I cannot help him.

The Command Manual will help him on the frequent or simple commands that work.

We having la kopi/tcss/photo takes session next Fri @ McDonald's Queensway 3.00pm. U cumming? :becky:

hahah thanks for the invite but kinda busy these few months! keep me updated on meet ups! will try to make it

• 8 months later...