• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

D.I.Y. Upgrade your Audio 20 to Comand APS w/Navigation

Guest ricric_lo

ricric_lo wrote:

Hi, I'm at Sinagpore till Monday! Send PM to you, please check it out! Map update Jan 2011 for W204/207/212 & 2010 NTG2.5 169/W245/R171/W211 update ready as well. Who wants to get the update please send me PM.

Bro, I am driving a SLK 200. Year of manufacture 2008. Please quote price for single disc with reverse cam.

Guest kepiting1sg

blackmercs wrote:

Guys u shld looks for Camber53 as he is our site sponsor.

Dun think camber retrofit Command NTG 2.5.

IIRC he only do Command NTG 4 for W204, W212, C207 & A207!

Guest ricric_lo

Dear All,

I'm able to do all kind of Comand APS retrofit inclusive of the followings:-

A-Class W169 (NTG2.5)

B-Class B245 (NTG2.5)

C-Class W203(NTG2.5), W204 (NTG4)

E-Class W211 (NTG2.5) W212 (NTG4.5) A207 (NTG4.5)

SLK-Class R171 (NTG2.5)

CLS-Class W219 (NTG2.5) & W218 (NTG4.5)

R-Class W251 (NTG2.5)

ML-Class W164 (NTG2.5)

All of above comes with Singapore/Malaysia Map pre-installed version at NTG2.5 (2010), NTG4/NTG4.5 (2011).

Should you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Cheers, Ricky

Guest st8800

Hi Ricky

I have already emailed u but for benefit of bros here... I'm going to put these questions across:

1) Does NTG2.5 come with HDD? If so, what’s the size?

2) Does it come with SD slot? What capacity can it support up to?

3) Does it support iPhone and iPhone changing?

4) Linguastic?

5) Reverse Camera?

6) Does it come with separate 7” LCD screen?

7) GPS will be lastest 2011 correct?

8) What’s VIM video in motion?

Thanks

Spencer

Guest ricric_lo

Hi Bros,

Would like to share questions asked by bros Spender here.

**Comand APS NTG2.5 is the current Comand model fiited into the following MB models**

W169/W245/W164/W251/W211/R171/W219 and so on.

Comand APS NTG2.5 is a hard disk base telematics device and the hard disk size is 40G while 4G has been reserved for MP3 music storage and the rest of the storage reserved for the map installation as well as gracenote database.

Sorry, there is different version of NTG2.5 supposts different type of SD card. In some case for the latest NTG2.5 comes with B-Class, it supports SDHC (Max 32G) but the format one before 2010 usually only supports SD Card (Max 2G).

No, Comand APS NTG2.5 does not support iPhone/iPod charging and music playback as there is no connection between iPhone/iPod provided by the Comand APS NTG2.5. The only way out is to install the UCI "Universal Communication Interface" to carry out such function with full iPhone/iPhone music playback controls (e.g. playlist, play music by artist, catagory and so on).

4) Linguastic?

If your ride has the Linguatronic button pre-install at the steering wheel and we can activate the Linguatronic inside the Comand APS NTG2.5 without any additional charges However, if unfortunately your ride doesn't not has such button in place, you could not get this feature. It's possible to retrofit the button and the cost is unbelievable (over SG$3,000) and seems it's not worthwhile.

5) Reverse Camera?

Yes, Comand APS NTG2.5 supports aftermarket backup camera retrofit. It's also possible to retrofit the factory backup camera but the price is 15 times more and also not worthwhile to do it as the aftermarket backup camera is able to connected to the Comand and deliver video signal as long as reverse gear is on.

The display size of Comand APS NTG2.5 is bit smaller than NTG4, it's 6.5" instead 7" but the resolution is the same.

Currently Comand APS NTG2.5 map update for Singapore/Malayisa release is 2010 version. (Only W221/W212/W207/W204 has released the 2011 version. Thus, as long as there is a new release, I have no problem to get it to the Comand but map update not as straight forward as NTG4, you must get assistance from professional as Star Diagnosis Sytem required to preform the map updating in most of the circumstances.

VIM is "Video-in-motion" as the factory default setting will block the screen (but the sounds still being played) when the speed of the car over 5km per hours.

Video-in-motion, is a hardware to fliter the signal from the CAN Bus in order to cheat the Comand that the car is not moving. As a result, the Comand will continue playing the movie. There is no more software can do this for NTG2.5 & NTG4. Software modification works with the old Comand 1.0, 2.0 & NTG1 (not all) only.

Here is a recent example for a B-Class W245 upgrading from Audio 20 to Comand APS NTG2.5

http://www.flickr.com/photos/comandexpert/sets/72157626247323075/

Cheers, Ricky

Guest kepiting1sg

st8800 wrote:

Hi Ricky

I have already emailed u but for benefit of bros here... I'm going to put these questions across:

4) Linguastic?

5) Reverse Camera?

Thanks

Spencer

MTL lah! Bro Spencer! IMHO This is one of the best MB mod!!!

Guest st8800

Still considering bro... Was quite set for it but was later quoted 4k for W211 (not inclusive VIM) instead of 2.5k for W207/204/212 because less supplies. Cannot use Linguatronics due to steering wheel no Linguatronic button some more.

Still need to add 1k for iPhone module. Hmmm... AMG VI or COMAND? Lol

Guest blackknight

Comes with Bluetooth for phone right? MIC Speaker included?

ricric_lo wrote:

Hi Bros,

Would like to share questions asked by bros Spender here.

**Comand APS NTG2.5 is the current Comand model fiited into the following MB models**

W169/W245/W164/W251/W211/R171/W219 and so on.

Comand APS NTG2.5 is a hard disk base telematics device and the hard disk size is 40G while 4G has been reserved for MP3 music storage and the rest of the storage reserved for the map installation as well as gracenote database.

Sorry, there is different version of NTG2.5 supposts different type of SD card. In some case for the latest NTG2.5 comes with B-Class, it supports SDHC (Max 32G) but the format one before 2010 usually only supports SD Card (Max 2G).

No, Comand APS NTG2.5 does not support iPhone/iPod charging and music playback as there is no connection between iPhone/iPod provided by the Comand APS NTG2.5. The only way out is to install the UCI "Universal Communication Interface" to carry out such function with full iPhone/iPhone music playback controls (e.g. playlist, play music by artist, catagory and so on).

4) Linguastic?

If your ride has the Linguatronic button pre-install at the steering wheel and we can activate the Linguatronic inside the Comand APS NTG2.5 without any additional charges However, if unfortunately your ride doesn't not has such button in place, you could not get this feature. It's possible to retrofit the button and the cost is unbelievable (over SG$3,000) and seems it's not worthwhile.

5) Reverse Camera?

Yes, Comand APS NTG2.5 supports aftermarket backup camera retrofit. It's also possible to retrofit the factory backup camera but the price is 15 times more and also not worthwhile to do it as the aftermarket backup camera is able to connected to the Comand and deliver video signal as long as reverse gear is on.

The display size of Comand APS NTG2.5 is bit smaller than NTG4, it's 6.5" instead 7" but the resolution is the same.

Currently Comand APS NTG2.5 map update for Singapore/Malayisa release is 2010 version. (Only W221/W212/W207/W204 has released the 2011 version. Thus, as long as there is a new release, I have no problem to get it to the Comand but map update not as straight forward as NTG4, you must get assistance from professional as Star Diagnosis Sytem required to preform the map updating in most of the circumstances.

VIM is "Video-in-motion" as the factory default setting will block the screen (but the sounds still being played) when the speed of the car over 5km per hours.

Video-in-motion, is a hardware to fliter the signal from the CAN Bus in order to cheat the Comand that the car is not moving. As a result, the Comand will continue playing the movie. There is no more software can do this for NTG2.5 & NTG4. Software modification works with the old Comand 1.0, 2.0 & NTG1 (not all) only.

Here is a recent example for a B-Class W245 upgrading from Audio 20 to Comand APS NTG2.5

http://www.flickr.com/photos/comandexpert/sets/72157626247323075/

Cheers, Ricky

Guest ricric_lo

Hi Bro,

Yes, the retrofit including bluetooth telephony while the operation just like current NTG4 for W204/W212. In fact, the operation system of NTG2.5 is also 95% similar to NTG4 for W204/W212.

Cheers, Ricky

blackknight wrote:

Comes with Bluetooth for phone right? MIC Speaker included?

Guest st8800

Hi Ricky

Thanks for all your answers on pm. You have been a thorough professional in answering all my questions. Just don't think it is worth the trouble with W211. I think W204 and W212 have a good deal though. I would have seek your services if I was to go for NTG 4.

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

hello ricky are you still shipping the diy kit ? i'm located in jakarta, indonesia and is very interested in this since there are no local installer that are able to do this. the ride is equipped with standard audio 20 and is looking to upgrade to 7inch display, thanks

sorry to bring up the thread but in dire need of help :s