• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Suggestion about used classic parts in Singapore

Guest carl888

Guest carl888

Hi Hi Members,

Any suggestions about a parts supplier in Singapore for classic Mercedes parts?

I am chasing a front exhaust manifold for cylinder numbers 1-3 for a 1982 280 SE W126.

I found this place on the net, it's close to where I work, so I might pop in tomorrow and ask, anyone dealt with them before?

http://www.propel-auto.com/aboutus.html

Thanks for any information. And happy New Year to all.

Regards,

Carl.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

carl888 wrote:

Hi Hi Members,

Any suggestions about a parts supplier in Singapore for classic Mercedes parts?

I am chasing a front exhaust manifold for cylinder numbers 1-3 for a 1982 280 SE W126.

I found this place on the net, it's close to where I work, so I might pop in tomorrow and ask, anyone dealt with them before?

http://www.propel-auto.com/aboutus.html

Thanks for any information. And happy New Year to all.

Regards,

Carl.

Hi Carl,

:welcome: to the forum and hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Do join us at our mthly GTG which is held at the last Sun of each month

@ Kallang Stadium Car Park F from 4.30 pm onward.

Yes! Propel probably can assist you.

They are one of the bigger scrap yards around esp. for MB & BM.

I last remembered the boss himself drove a 80s W126 280SEL.

Guest carl888

Thanks for the welcome kepiting. I would love to come down to see the cars one Sunday. Annoyingly, I don't have a car in Singapore yet, all my cars are in Australia, and I miss them. So to have a look at some wonderful classics in Singapore would be a great tonic for me. A big relief from all the modern stuff I see. So I hope you don't mind if I turned up in my partners disgusting BMW lol. I would love to bring in a 300 SEL 6.3 into Singapore though, my dream! I know the road tax would be a killer, but I think that would be fine as I wouldn't be worrying too much about depreciation.

I went to Propel and spoke to Steven there. He was very helpful, he didn't have a manifold in Singapore but had one in his shop in JB. It should arrive tomorrow. It is for this car, here are some pics.

Regards,

Carl.

280SE6.jpg

L1020211.jpg

L1020212.jpg

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi Carl,

Nice ride!!!

Steven Gooi is actually running the business.

I was told his father last I remembered driving the W126 runs the MY side.

Yes! Steven is quite a helpful & frenly guy except to those "problematic customers" U nice! He's even nicer......hahahaha! :lol:

Good to hear that Steven got the part for U! :hand:

U see him, tell him Ah Seah from Batam "missed tcss with him".....hahaha!

say hi for me pls!

TIA!!!

Guest carl888

Hi Kepiting, thanks for the note. I am sorry I read this after I picked up the manifolds but I have a feeling I'll be back for more bits soon! Son I'll pss the message on then. This is what I bought, I'm very excited (If you can be excited about two pieces of rusty cast iron!!!)

Regards,

Carl.

L1070485.jpg

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I am from JB and we own a 280 pagoda in our family. Usually I try to help to restore the car by prowling the net for infor and tips.

For ordering of parts, I usually go to Tye Soon (check out their website). I can still get most parts for my 1965 merc, so I think it should not be any major issue for the rest of you to get for the newer models.

But you need to know th exact parts number and chassic number when ordering your parts, they will not entertain ordering by description. like: ermmm, there the door power switch lor, the black color switch on the door...for my 1996 e-class. U don know meh?

From what i gathered, Propel also has a good stock of used parts where we can turn to. The good thing is they have a Malaysia branch for me too.

As for re-spraying, we have been asking around and the cost is ridiculous from RM10k to RM20+K. Also some of the spray shop said they need 6 months to spray... Will update once i get my car sprayed if anyone is interested.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kepiting1sg

chekky wrote:

Hi,

I am from JB and we own a 280 pagoda in our family. Usually I try to help to restore the car by prowling the net for infor and tips.

For ordering of parts, I usually go to Tye Soon (check out their website). I can still get most parts for my 1965 merc, so I think it should not be any major issue for the rest of you to get for the newer models.

But you need to know th exact parts number and chassic number when ordering your parts, they will not entertain ordering by description. like: ermmm, there the door power switch lor, the black color switch on the door...for my 1996 e-class. U don know meh?

From what i gathered, Propel also has a good stock of used parts where we can turn to. The good thing is they have a Malaysia branch for me too.

As for re-spraying, we have been asking around and the cost is ridiculous from RM10k to RM20+K. Also some of the spray shop said they need 6 months to spray... Will update once i get my car sprayed if anyone is interested.

A warm :welcome: to the family!

Thank you for the useful information.

We look forward to see your resprayed and done up 280 Pagoda coming to our GTG :hand:

• 3 months later...

Hi Kepiting, thanks for the note. I am sorry I read this after I picked up the manifolds but I have a feeling I'll be back for more bits soon! Son I'll pss the message on then. This is what I bought, I'm very excited (If you can be excited about two pieces of rusty cast iron!!!)Regards,Carl.L1070485.jpg

May I ask where did you get this Manifold from ?

I am llooking for a 1982 , W123 , 200 manifold if you can help

Tks

Try Propel!

28 Kranji Road!

Pay them a visit and dun call them!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)