• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Navigation 20 System

Guest keltan

Thanks his msg did say that he is unable to get the instrument cluster to show directions ? Not too sure if it's a typo cuz it would kinda defeat the purpose of retrofitting command if there's no command hahhahah

Guest kepiting1sg

His name is Ricky of Hong Kong!

Ricky has wrote to me that retrofitting Command is not his actual business.

He has been in contact with Cerano and Cerano is his agent for Command retrofit.

I guess this is why it ends meaning if U want to retrofit Command for your ride currently there are 2 possible alternatives

1. Bro Camber53 - SG

2. Cerano - (Ricky from HK)

Again I like to reiterate that I have no business dealing of any kind with these 2 Bros.

Therefore if anyone of you want to retrofit Command for your ride, U can go ahead to contact anyone of them on your own to get information, details & pricing.

They are not our MB Site Commercial Sponsor.

All dealings are strictly private in nature on your own and got nothing to do with this forum.

"Caveat emptor" Buyers Beware applys!

Guest kepiting1sg

rssid wrote:

Thanks his msg did say that he is unable to get the instrument cluster to show directions ? Not too sure if it's a typo cuz it would kinda defeat the purpose of retrofitting command if there's no command hahhahah

hahaha! Bro rssid,

Ricky told me he wrongly quoted U and the price should be USD$3K

and not S$3k.

Did he mentioned the pricing for Single DVD Command or 6 Disc DVD Changer?

Anyway he has nominated Cerano as his agent - therefore I guess he will not deal with us directly!:whistle:

Guest ricric_lo

I'm pleased to help you all to solve all the retrofit issues (not only Comands) but Cerano will help here to coodinate all the retrofit schedule issue as well as some follow up about the post service we have to follow up.

The price may vary and it depends on what's the option's you need, e.g. VIM, Axial Fan, Pre-wire for Backup Camara (UCI, iPOD Kid is under testing as option for Comand).

Anyone interested to get the Retrofit information of the Mercs, please feel free to drop me a message with the VIN info, even though you want to check your datacard is welcome (for the used car owner).

Hopefully, everyone can be happy with the Merces got a Comand onboard!

Cheers

Guest blackmercs

ricric_lo wrote:

I'm pleased to help you all to solve all the retrofit issues (not only Comands) but Cerano will help here to coodinate all the retrofit schedule issue as well as some follow up about the post service we have to follow up.

The price may vary and it depends on what's the option's you need, e.g. VIM, Axial Fan, Pre-wire for Backup Camara (UCI, iPOD Kid is under testing as option for Comand).

Anyone interested to get the Retrofit information of the Mercs, please feel free to drop me a message with the VIN info, even though you want to check your datacard is welcome (for the used car owner).

Hopefully, everyone can be happy with the Merces got a Comand onboard!

Cheers

hi will you fly down to Singapore for only one set? Or u needs min of 5 sets at least. I think it will be waste of time if we going to this group buy again & again & again with no result at end of the day.

To make things simple, why not u state yr pricing on individual parts including installation cost & commission whatsoever so that the ppl here can compare & makes their decision on the spot. In short, state your requirement & be transparent on the pricing!!

Trust me, if got to go through a third party again I think is going to waste of everyone time here!!

Just 2.5 cents

Merry Chistmas & Happy Command Year

Guest Cklasse5

blackmercs wrote:

Trust me, if got to go through a third party again I think is going to waste of everyone time here!!

I agree wholeheartedly (100%). Better to approach our local bro camber53 as compare to my experience with Mitesh (via Cerano). You will be sure that the local would be easily contactable when a need arises than those in the overseas. Also, I am no connected to camber53 thus I am not receiving any 1 cent or more for promoting his service.

Thank you.

Cheers! :)

Guest blackmercs

camber53 wrote:

hi bro out there have retrofit comand system for your ride if you have face any problum can come to me i will try my best to help you ...

join the comand group now ...

One word - Swee!!

Guest blackmercs

rogeryap wrote:

Sorry for my ignorance, mine is a June 09 c180, do I have this navigation 20?

Err U got the wrong guy, I m still listening to transistor radio on my ride. But I can try to answer yr question, does u hv a command unit on yr ride? If no, then there isn't any navigation. If yes, ask Camber53 he is the man of the match on command thingy. :)

Guest desmondtoo

rogeryap wrote:

Sorry for my ignorance, mine is a June 09 c180, do I have this navigation 20?

blackmercs wrote:

Err U got the wrong guy, I m still listening to transistor radio on my ride. But I can try to answer yr question, does u hv a command unit on yr ride? If no, then there isn't any navigation. If yes, ask Camber53 he is the man of the match on command thingy. :)

Yes, Bro Camber53 is the man...Met him at the meetup just now. Cool stuff...:thumb:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest kevinpoh

I almost have Hap Seng Malaysia installing it for me. Took them many months to find out and order the parts. I have to wait one month for parts from Germany and after that, they tell me that they miss out additional parts like the control unit. The whole exercise started from Dec 2010 till now. The cost of ordering the initial parts was about RM3,000 but the control unit come up to about RM10,000.

I have to abandon the project as it's way above my budget (just for ipod), and now still waiting for a refund from them ... haiz ...

Guest blackmercs

kevinpoh wrote:

I almost have Hap Seng Malaysia installing it for me. Took them many months to find out and order the parts. I have to wait one month for parts from Germany and after that, they tell me that they miss out additional parts like the control unit. The whole exercise started from Dec 2010 till now. The cost of ordering the initial parts was about RM3,000 but the control unit come up to about RM10,000.

I have to abandon the project as it's way above my budget (just for ipod), and now still waiting for a refund from them ... haiz ...

Sorry to hear that, what's yr ride & the mods you intend to add to your audio 20? How you get to know this Msia workshop?

Guest kepiting1sg

kevinpoh wrote:

Hello Bro!

What's your ride and what did you try to retrofit?

RM13,000 can buy U a Command plus installation and maybe with some change.

Guest edling

blackmercs wrote:

Sorry to hear that, what's yr ride & the mods you intend to add to your audio 20? How you get to know this Msia workshop?

hapseng is bolehland MB AD, we ve a few ad here like C&C of sg. others ad are nz wheel, mofaz, ..... HAPSENG is quite representable in KL region.

Guest blackmercs

edling wrote:

hapseng is bolehland MB AD, we ve a few ad here like C&C of sg. others ad are nz wheel, mofaz, ..... HAPSENG is quite representable in KL region.

Thanks, now I know why hapseng is popular!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest errickyap

guys,

for w204, there is a UMI from CnC at $2500 n a UCI at $800. its the smae just that the more ex one has nav.

those who r interested let me know. I will tell you who to rub in cycle.

Guest kepiting1sg

errickyap wrote:

guys,

for w204, there is a UMI from CnC at $2500 n a UCI at $800. its the smae just that the more ex one has nav.

Maybe I am wrong but please reconfirm!

The CnC Integrated Navigation is using Tom Tom GPS Navigation unlike Comand using Tele-Atlas Map.

If using Tom Tom, I understand from some CnC SEs - cmi and U might have future map updates problem.

errickyap wrote:

guys,

How about the navigation system for W212?:music:

Guest hannson

kepiting1sg wrote:

Maybe I am wrong but please reconfirm!

The CnC Integrated Navigation is using Tom Tom GPS Navigation unlike Comand using Tele-Atlas Map.

If using Tom Tom, I understand from some CnC SEs - cmi and U might have future map updates problem.

hi bro kepiting1st...

you mean there is a Merc original Nav unit that is using Tom Tom somehow integrated into the HU?

Interesting... wonder why it would have future map updates problems though...

Guest hannson

errickyap wrote:

guys,

I'm interested to know.

Guest kepiting1sg

Something new!

My SE told me last week that CnC dun do retrofit of UCI!

One retrofit they did previously on the pre FL W204 was iPod interface.

Pls take note our site sponsors camber53 & ricric_lo beside retrofitting of COMAND, they also do UCI. This is the one that comes with 3 cables i.e a 3.5mm cable for Aux input, one cable for USB & another for iPod/iPhone with charging - full steering control, on screen songs display, instrument cluster display & take songs in mp3, m4a & wma format.