• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Navigation 20 System

Guest keltan

Has anyone retrofitted the new Navigation 20 system for C and E (W212) class with Audio 20 system? Normally Audio 20 system does not have GPS.

http://www.mercedes-benz-accessories.com/content/mba/mpc/mpc_mba_website/en/mpc_home/mba/home/special/navigation_20_webspecial.html

http://www.comandonline.co.uk/Navigation-20-system-for-new-E-class.html

Guest kepiting1sg

keltan wrote:

Has anyone retrofitted the new Navigation 20 system for C and E (W212) class with Audio 20 system? Normally Audio 20 system does not have GPS.

http://www.mercedes-benz-accessories.com/content/mba/mpc/mpc_mba_website/en/mpc_home/mba/home/special/navigation_20_webspecial.html

http://www.comandonline.co.uk/Navigation-20-system-for-new-E-class.html

IMHO

I've doubts that it's simple to retrofit successfully and may not worth the bang for your $$$ just to add Navigation to existing non Navi Audio 20 system.

It would be better to retrofit COMMAND NTG4 to replace existing Audio 20 in W212, A207, C207 & W204 without Navigation

Guest kepiting1sg

Yes! I have retrofitted my W212 with COMMAND NTG 4 Navigation with MB 2010 S.E.A Maps, 6 DVD Changer with Linguatronic Voice Control.

In addition, I've also added after mkt multi media interface with additional Navi with Garmin GVN53 using Jerome Wee/MFM Maps, Digital TV & Reverse Camera.

kepiting1sg wrote:

Yes! I have retrofitted my W212 with COMMAND NTG 4 Navigation with MB 2010 S.E.A Maps, 6 DVD Changer with Linguatronic Voice Control.

In addition, I've also added after mkt multi media interface with additional Navi with Garmin GVN53 using Jerome Wee/MFM Maps, Digital TV & Reverse Camera.

Can share cost and installation details with me too?

Guest kepiting1sg

iceflight wrote:

yes , comes with comand but no navi,any idea of the cost? tks a lot

hehehe....the 1st Q not cost but rather can retrofit or not.

Pls contact Bro camber53 to let him know/see what has been installed in your ride!

Why not just post the price here instead of having people PM here n there ?

PMed bro camber there this is what he quoted me hope this goes to help those looking to install with bro camber as hes a nice guy. Any more price updates pls update here thanks !

bro gd news

due christmas , Comand 6 disk changer NTG4 set are going for 5K

orders must reach supplier before friday ....

thank you

bro for the single disk the best price i can give you is $4200

Guest kepiting1sg

rssid wrote:

Why not just post the price here instead of having people PM here n there ?

Hi Bro rssid,

I am not Bro camber53 and therefore I do not know how he's going to charge for various MB models or just maps update.

When bros here asked me, I can only direct them to him and probably share my experience & thoughts with them.

To make the situation clearer,

I have no commercial links or businesses with Bro camber53 especially retrofitting of Commands and I do not receive commissions or rewards of any kinds from recommending "customers".

I paid near to $5k and not any cheaper even though I consider myself as one of the early genuinea pigs for Bro camber53 to do "trial surgery".

He did self surgery on his mum's E250 and he compared the wirings & installations on his C207 E350 Coupe which came with Commands and he did self surgery to his E350 coupe too.

Willing seller - willing buyer - no one to blame if I got my stk Audio 20 screwed up!

How many of U out there willing to try this out on your $$$ MBs with an unknown unlike the "professionals" eg BenzModz aka from Australia.

Or the likes of Richard from Command UK, Steve Krabbenborg from Netherlands who use to do his rounds of MB retrofittings in the US & Europe

or free lancer like Mitesh from eBay UK?

I did "woke up" from surgeries and has to get follow-up "treatments" from Bro camber53 due to some "minor complications" which I eventually fully recovered.

That was why only recently I posted my retrofitting thread after all the minor problems been solved. I go & "cheong" first - successful, then our guys here enjoy!

Finally Retrofitted my COMMAND NTG4 & Keeping my after market MMI

Now that it was successfull - I guess the 1st in Singapore and I hope other MB Bros who's willing to PAY & retrofit Command will benefit from here.

To be fair to Brocamber53 - retrofitting is not his business and he runs a full time family business which has nothing to do with the car industries or Command.

He has invested in equipment, tools, software, time (research, trials, etc)

It was his hobby since his pre W211 days. Think he only hit pay dirt recently!

Therefore paying him $$$ for retrofitting Command to your ride is not only paying for the Command & instal charges but also to his ROI.

We share our thoughts and "knowledge" from our research on Command retrofitting and in the process we got to learn more from each other.

BTW - I know him when he was the 1st person in SG to start a Mercedes Forum in now the defunct Delphi Forums.

Here's the link for history sake!

http://forums.delphiforums.com/Mercedes306/messages/start

Then the baton was passed to Bro Keltanky in Delphi too

http://forums.delphiforums.com/Mercedes306/messages/start

We also shared common interests in ICE except he was purely in SQ but I went on to competition ICE & also the old days of the Yishun Dam Sat nites blasting sessions.

Please also take note that some of our offcial commercial site sponsors do not directly post their quotes and reply only to enquiries based on PMs.

We as moderators can only encourage our site sponsors to be "transparent" by quoting their prices for their services or goods on this site.

Bro camber53 is not our site commercial sponsor and I cannot "advertise" for him. So the term "Caveat emptor" Buyers Beware also applys!

Hope to get your kind understanding! :hand:

Many thanks for the huge amt of info there bro will take a look through and see before making up my mind.

Additional to that I got a PM from this member recently tried to PM him back but he has chosen not to receive PMs anyways this is interesting below is the exact PM from him. Seems like his is a partial retrofit lacking the true comand functionality.

ricric_lo

Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2010

W204, W207 & W212 Comand Retrofit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, roughly it's about SG$3K for everything you need for the Comand APS retrofit. Ideally, if you can provide your VIN, I can get you a more accurate information.

I will visit Singapore on monthly basis for the Comand retrofit. What you can't have at Singapore is to code the Instrument cluster to display to navigation info. You can visit here to get more info.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/comandexpert

Tks/b.rgds, Ricky

Guest kepiting1sg

Earlier when my road to Command Retrofit "came to a dead end" i.e not being able to get Mitesh or Miro to come for the retrofit, Bro Cerano was suggesting a guy from HK.

Could this be the guy?

Anyway $3K IMHO is a steal!

You should follow-up!

Pls keep us posted! :hand:

TIA!!!

rssid wrote:

Many thanks for the huge amt of info there bro will take a look through and see before making up my mind.

Additional to that I got a PM from this member recently tried to PM him back but he has chosen not to receive PMs anyways this is interesting below is the exact PM from him. Seems like his is a partial retrofit lacking the true comand functionality.

ricric_lo

Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2010

W204, W207 & W212 Comand Retrofit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, roughly it's about SG$3K for everything you need for the Comand APS retrofit. Ideally, if you can provide your VIN, I can get you a more accurate information.

I will visit Singapore on monthly basis for the Comand retrofit. What you can't have at Singapore is to code the Instrument cluster to display to navigation info. You can visit here to get more info.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/comandexpert

Tks/b.rgds, Ricky