• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Which do you prefer?

Guest didjitgarcons

Guest didjitgarcons

Gentlemen,

On the top is what I have on the car now, and on the bottom is what I bought today. I "photoshopped" the new wheels onto the car.

New wheels are to be installed with new tires, Kumho Ecsta SPT KU31, on Monday.

They are both 8x17, ET35 & ET 37 respectively.

Just want to know which set of wheels you guys prefer on my old piece of junk.

Old wheels are available at http://sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=672.msg5958#msg5958

All comments are welcome. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Chris

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest didjitgarcons
i vote for the first one

Thank you for your comment Kompressor.

My fiancee says the same thing too, but the both of you don't have to wash these wheels! ::)

I figured the new wheels are easy to clean and they "match" the era of the car.

Chris, I would clean the Carlssons, well not that regularly but I love em!

Thinking real hard about taking over your Carlssons. Problem is I just put on the bloody AMGs.

Keep in touch dude! Leon

PS. see your ride quite regularly in the taka basement carpark

Guest didjitgarcons
Chris, I would clean the Carlssons, well not that regularly but I love em!

Leon, it's easy for you to say. I just spend 2 hours cleaning them for photo shoot under the "Classifieds" section.

I enjoy cleaning my car, but not spending an hour just on the wheels.

I sometime park at the basement, but most of the days I'm up on the 7th floor 'cos the basement only opens at 10:00am.

Are you still at the Mandarin Hotel? I'll be seeing you on the 30th at Kallang dude!

Chris

Guest didjitgarcons
bro, you can also join us after our D&D at St James.

Kompressor, I don't mean to offend anyone but I will be spending my birthday with my family.

I'll be there if it was a day earlier or a day later but I'll see you guys on Sunday, and that's for damn sure!

Should I be expecting a birthday gift from you guys? Say, a set of EBC Turbo Groove brake discs & Green Stuff brake pads, mayhaps? ::)

Chris

A BIG BIRTHDAY WISHES TO YOU Chris!!

personally i would go for the Carlssons Its so damn nice!!

but when it comes to washing I would prefer the Lorinser!!

hmmm don't tempt me to change to 17" lei... I need to have some touch up on my paint or change color!! so need $$ :P

hmmm christmas wishes!! santa can give me your sack filled with $$$

Guest didjitgarcons

Woohoo! Got the RSK3 & the Kumho on, Merry Christmas to the car!

What a difference! I am almost sure the RSK3 are much lighter than the 1/16RS 'cos the car feels more powerful.

Most of all, the tire noise is like heaven compared to the Falkens.

I had to put up with that noise for 18 months, and am just glad the agony is over!

And, and, and it only took me 5 minutes to clean the wheels, yes, all four of them!!! ;D

Chris