• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What is yr dream SUV?? & why

Guest blackmercs

Guest blackmercs

As above, hit it!!!

Till date there are many SUV models on road, namely :-

ML 350

BMW - X6,5,3

Volvo

Lexus

Landrover

Toyota - Prado, Harrier

Suzuki

Audi - Q5 & Q7

Hyundai - Tuson

Kia - Sportage

Ssanyong

& many more.....

My dream SUV probably will be X6 for the look & power but FC is super scary!!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X6 for me too.

BMW = Sheer Driving Pleasure

cheers

blackmercs wrote:

As above, hit it!!!

Till date there are many SUV models on road, namely :-

ML 350

BMW - X6,5,3

Volvo

Lexus

Landrover

Toyota - Prado, Harrier

Suzuki

Audi - Q5 & Q7

Hyundai - Tuson

Kia - Sportage

Ssanyong

& many more.....

My dream SUV probably will be X6 for the look & power but FC is super scary!!

Guest kepiting1sg

Please lah!

Prado is not a SUV but a "true 4 x 4 Jeep"

Unker dream SUV is the Cayenne Hybrid S 3.0 & a possible next is the cumming

new Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid 333 hp supercharged 3.0L V6 AWD.

Maybe Unker next change.....Nowadays must go Green with Hybrid Cars - hahahaha!!!!!:becky:

2011_volkswagen_touareg_tdi_15_cd_gallery_zoomed.jpg

Guest blackmercs

kepiting1sg wrote:

Please lah!

Prado is not a SUV but a "true 4 x 4 Jeep"

Unker dream SUV is the Cayenne Hybrid S 3.0 & a possible next is the cumming

new Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid 333 hp supercharged 3.0L V6 AWD.

Maybe Unker next change.....Nowadays must go Green with Hybrid Cars - hahahaha!!!!!:becky:

2011_volkswagen_touareg_tdi_15_cd_gallery_zoomed.jpg

Orh!! Care to share what is the different between jeep or SUV? Please englighten me, the wise one. I think I go for Landrover the cheapo one or Audi Q5 or Kia sportage or Hyundai tuscon or Toyota prado or harrier or Suzuki vitara and so on. I m lost!!! :)

Mercs, BMW, Porsche, Lexus out of my reach now!!! VW also ex leh!! Bor lui

Guest NewC180

blackmercs wrote:

Orh!! Care to share what is the different between jeep or SUV? Please englighten me, the wise one. I think I go for Landrover the cheapo one or Audi Q5 or Kia sportage or Hyundai tuscon or Toyota prado or harrier or Suzuki vitara and so on. I m lost!!! :)

Drive brand new E Cab still complain boh lui, haiz.....

My 'dream' list:

1. Cayenne

2. X6

3. Q7 - but seems too big

4. X5

Ok, time to start dreaming now, zzzzz.............

blackmercs wrote:

Hmm but market talk say is VW SUV body!! Don't know Choon or not!!

Yes, the Porsche Cayenne and the VW Touareg share the same platform and some parts, but its not a bad thing.

Dream SUV? What about this???

land_rover_evoque_pr.jpg

Guest kepiting1sg

blackmercs wrote:

Say wanna visit me and Unker still waiting for the dewlian to drop!

Cum here Unker show U what a jeep have that a SUV dun have.:becky:

Unker mei mei old liao lah!

Go read this on the new Prado and see if a "suv" can do all the monkey tricks or not!

http://www.toyota.com.au/prado/features/rugged?WT.ac=PradoHPRugged

Unker old mei mei smlc 3.0 TDI wanting to pick U up when U cum here!

prado.jpg?t=1287548238

Has to gut these out when Unker lost to the local tax dept!

Picture043.jpg?t=1287548377

IMHO

Go try how many SUVs can drive up slope inclines say @ 45 deg.

Dunno how cum the Prado got extra gear lever dunno for what.

Also got dunno smlc differential wheel lock to help get stuck wheel out of muddy holes and if engaged at the highest traction mode - stupid Prado cannot go over 15km/hr.

Dunno why those in the desert, they prefer to use Range Rovers & Land Cruisers.

In the past Mit. Pajeros & Nissan Patrol also very popular.

lcjump2.jpg

timeout_image.872301.jpg

nissan-patrol-dx-wal-1_460x0w.jpg

Seen this type of old F40 LandCruiser in Batam climbing up near 60 deg slope.

There are many of these old jeeps still in Indonesia.

Cum here and join the Jeep Club!

733px-Toyota_Land_Cruiser_yellow_vl.jpg

BTW Prado is the lowest end of the LandCruiser range which itself also cums in various engines.

The LandCruiser range also includes the Lexus LX470 & Cynus.

In simple terms - curi from website hor!

Modern Toyota Land Cruisers still maintain their forebears' focus on off-road ability but are now much more upscale, comfortable and accommodating.

This is particularly true of the current, fifth-generation Land Cruiser, which is packed to the gills with luxurious features yet retains the off-road prowess buyers have come to expect.

This above statement is also true with regards to the Land Rover - Range Rovers.

Aktually dun blame U lah!

Nowadays the line drawn between a SUV and a Jeep is quite vague lah until U go over potholes that can swallow up a small kancil ......hahahaha!:becky:

Best is to try out a Jeep & an SUV in these kind of terrains.

See how will the "SUV" survive!

BTW my previous SUV CRV didn't last me 3 years before it succumbs to internal injuries due to the F$%kin roads here previously.

Nowadays the roads here are much better - next change maybe a comfortable SUV.....hehehehe!

800px-Land_Cruiser_FZJ105.jpg

1985-toyota-landcruiser-p9110032.jpg

dscf1990.JPG

Guest blackmercs

Overseas travelling I needs Mindef approval as I m from special fork!!

Unker sibei kum sia u r truly the wise one. U got me more excited now by looking at yr pics & plus the ice mod!! So Prado is a good choice compare with Landrover? What's happen to yr CRV? CRV is also under my radar but kinda old model, no offence to anyone hor!!

Btw I don't needs car to climb mountain lah, I prefer to use my both hands which are for train for mountain climbing from A to C cup only!!

So next year unker wanna change car bor?? Ai group buy mai?

Guest kepiting1sg

blackmercs wrote:

Overseas travelling I needs Mindef approval as I m from special fork!!

Unker sibei kum sia u r truly the wise one. U got me more excited now by looking at yr pics & plus the ice mod!! So Prado is a good choice compare with Landrover? What's happen to yr CRV? CRV is also under my radar but kinda old model, no offence to anyone hor!!

Btw I don't needs car to climb mountain lah, I prefer to use my both hands which are for train for mountain climbing from A to C cup only!!

So next year unker wanna change car bor?? Ai group buy mai?

Got $$$ who wants Prado if Grandfather paying for the Range Rover or Lexus LandCruiser Jeep.

If budget constraints for SUV Freelander not bad lah!

Then this range U look at Q5, Tiguan Sport, X3, XC60.

Big SUV, then Q7, Touareg, Cayenne, X5, X6, XC90, ML350,

Like I said, line between SUV & Jeep has been blurred over the recent years.

SUV wanna looks like jeep but cannot behave fully like a jeep and has to be

also feel "car like" when driving them.

Whereas previously jeeps, looks like jeep, behave like jeeps and not much comfort until U have the Land Rover - Range Rover and Toyota with their LandCruisers.

In Singapore, like U said, U need only to climb between the cups with 2 handfuls and U dun need to drive on muddy construction sites, crossing rivers, sand dunes or jungle.

Next year Pleasure Island grandfather's car not changing cos grandfather no budget for 2011 and has to keep my old Prado till hopefully 2012 budget.

Next year might wanna change W212 - this time need MHA's approval.

On my radar will be the new Touareg Hybrid 3.0 SC AWD and if tio beh piow stretched a little to the Cayenne S Hybrid or who knows the cumming new X5 Hybrid also a good contender.

So wanna GB or not.....dun think U want a SUV.......hehehehe!

Guest kepiting1sg

Cklasse wrote:

I just want a humble WoWo XC60.:becky:

IMHO Wowo XC60 not as humble as the Tiguan Sport but more or less in the same class as Q5 & X3.

Looks like U are infactuated or truely in lup with WoWo!

Only U know yourself better! ......hehehehe!

I dun mind a XC60 with Panaroof, Keyless, Memory Seats, Navigation, Adaptive Cruise Control aka Distronics Plus and all the rest of the bells & whistles.

Guest alex123

I no longer hanker after a SUV but if I have to choose one, I will go for the Subaru Tribeca or the yet-to-be-released Forestor with STI engine or some more powerful engine. I think the Subarus are good value for money: turbo, AWD, etc etc.

Eh unker, I have a Toyota BJ40 in KL, waiting to be restored. I am sure there are lots of these in Batam?

As for your Prado in Batam, many Msians get quite excited when they hear of this! ;)

If I told you a Nissan Patrol can outrun a Lamboghini Murcielago, you would ask me what sort of grass I have been chewing on? Look at this!

or how about this?

Guest kepiting1sg

alex123 wrote:

I no longer hanker after a SUV but if I have to choose one, I will go for the Subaru Tribeca or the yet-to-be-released Forestor with STI engine or some more powerful engine. I think the Subarus are good value for money: turbo, AWD, etc etc.

Eh unker, I have a Toyota BJ40 in KL, waiting to be restored. I am sure there are lots of these in Batam?

As for your Prado in Batam, many Msians get quite excited when they hear of this! ;)

If I told you a Nissan Patrol can outrun a Lamboghini Murcielago, you would ask me what sort of grass I have been chewing on? Look at this!

or how about this?

U are rite abt many BJ40 in Batam - quite a few nicely done up too.

U should restore yours.

Maybe one day a nice one cums along, I might buy it for keeps.

I was a big fan of Nissan Patrol...imho...solid "man ride"

Msians not only get excited abt Prados in Batam but also Mit. Storms, Unsers.....A few of them still got the AAM labels.....hahaha!

Once it's in the container...it's gone forever!

A few years back, it was reported they found 50+ stolen rides from Msia and the local Polisi countercheck with the Msian Polisi and confirmed all of them to be stolen.

After the Court case, all the 50+ cars were sent to Jkt for public auction....hhehehe!

Guest kepiting1sg

Cklasse wrote:

Visiting showroom is sure poisonous.

Got a glimpse of the new X60 - gotto admit a little sexier than the predecessor. With the new 2.0L & the goodies that cum with it....MTL lah.....hahahaha!....make sure it cums with Keyless option & Panaroof options!

Guest blackmercs

keltanky wrote:

Ya lor!! This very Swee!!!

Was thinking why no one brings in GLK!!

Left hand drive leh!! Can bring in meh?? Anyone expert can help to bring in from China??