• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C180 CGI to C180K

Guest Mer4

Thanks Teoh,

I just came back from C&C. Confirmed they are not bring C180CGI anymore.

Only C180K and C200CGI.

They are selling at S149888.00 less $3k. S$3K service credit, reason being servicing cost of C180K is relatively cheaper than C180 CGI.

No Spoiler, 17" multi spoke rims.

Went they because my friend has an appointment to test drive C180K. As usual, SE has all reason to convince customer that C180K is better buy than CGI...

Guest achuafc

Mer4 wrote:

Thanks Teoh,

I just came back from C&C. Confirmed they are not bring C180CGI anymore.

Only C180K and C200CGI.

They are selling at S149888.00 less $3k. S$3K service credit, reason being servicing cost of C180K is relatively cheaper than C180 CGI.

No Spoiler, 17" multi spoke rims.

Went they because my friend has an appointment to test drive C180K. As usual, SE has all reason to convince customer that C180K is better buy than CGI...

Don't understand why the C180K (1.6L) would be cheaper to service than the C180CGI (1.8L) model. Any views? Looking at the servicing package that C&C offers for the C class up on its website, it doesn't look that expensive though. :crazy:

Think why the C180K would be cheaper than the C180CGI is because the former needs a CatA COE. Nonetheless, and if C&C is discontinuing on the C180CGI, there will be quite few on the roads, considering that this model was brought in sometime late 2009 till now Oct 2010 (correct me if I'm wrong). Would this rare breed then enjoy a premium over its resale value? :suspicious:

achuafc wrote:

Don't understand why the C180K (1.6L) would be cheaper to service than the C180CGI (1.8L) model. Any views? Looking at the servicing package that C&C offers for the C class up on its website, it doesn't look that expensive though. :crazy:

Think why the C180K would be cheaper than the C180CGI is because the former needs a CatA COE. Nonetheless, and if C&C is discontinuing on the C180CGI, there will be quite few on the roads, considering that this model was brought in sometime late 2009 till now Oct 2010 (correct me if I'm wrong). Would this rare breed then enjoy a premium over its resale value? :suspicious:

If I am not wrong, the C180 CGI was only intro in Apr 2010. Which means there are quite limited numbers of them til C&C discontinued them. And in future the 'cheapest' CGI Merc will be the C200 which cost >$180k. Hopefully this will push up the resale for the C180 CGI as it will become a rare breed :becky:

Pumper wrote:

If I am not wrong, the C180 CGI was only intro in Apr 2010. Which means there are quite limited numbers of them til C&C discontinued them. And in future the 'cheapest' CGI Merc will be the C200 which cost >$180k. Hopefully this will push up the resale for the C180 CGI as it will become a rare breed :becky:

Hope so too... Are you a fellow 180 CGIan? :becky:

Guest vincemerz

Buy cgi because of the whistle.

Buy kompressor because of the price for now.

Both won't regret as the look of w204 is everlasting.

C180cgi is from end mar 2010 to right now only.

Rare breed going forwArd. Do not disbadge!

I got mine in Apr so far so good!

vt5sport wrote:

Wah heng ah....Got in on time for the CGI model.

So the 180K no 17" rims? What other features are different?

Only 17" 5 spoke rims. No free upgrade to 17 spoke.:becky:

the C&C site not updated with the latest C180k specs. know anywhere we can find it? I mean it will be nice to see what are the difference for potential MB buyers in this forum. ^^

If you are looking for interior, exterior specs,... only C&C will know as they spec the car that comes in. Perhaps this round with the low OMV, maybe the specs is slightly different from C200 CGI, eg. no cruise control/speed limiter (just like W203 C180 vs C200). The rest are all pretty standard.

Pumper wrote:

Yup! :becky: maybe we can form the C180 CGIans Rare Breed Club...haha!

Same too. I waited for this CGI for 6 months already. nearly bought the C180K which i introduced to my friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pumper,

Went down to C&C to submit my no. plate bib yesterday. My SE told me C&C management confirmed not bringing C180 CGI.

Remarkable Drive promotion is over but new promotion package will be out in two weeks.

Stay tune for those bro who is looking for good buy....:becky:

Guest vt5sport

Mer4 wrote:

Those who prefer C180 CGI may consider to approach PI...... Anyone here purchase C180 CGI from PI?

PI's price for C-Class not very competitive as C&C's margin is not that fat on it. E-Class at least $20k+ diff can tok abit.

vt5sport wrote:

PI's price for C-Class not very competitive as C&C's margin is not that fat on it. E-Class at least $20k+ diff can tok abit.

I see...so no C180 CGI even from PI. :bounce:

Guest xtrocious

Mer4 wrote:

Will be collecting my C180 soon, waiting for SKA plate.

Thought 180K has lower bhp. Feel really stupid to pay 14k extra.....:tsk:

No lah, confirm your CGI is better than the 180K if the latter is using the 1.6L engine

I tested it before - the engine sounds very strained - not quite what you would expect from Merc

Went for a spin in the C200K, world of difference and had no problem paying the extra :)

Guest xtrocious

teoh wrote:

To Mer4,

during the purchase last week, agent said order cannot be cancelled but can change to other model. maybe you can ask your agent if you can change to C180K?

Also when we saw the torque chart, C180cgi is comes faster than C180K. Hence, actually you are getting a faster car...

Based on my understanding, the power should come faster (at lower RPM) for a supercharger versus a turbo-charger as the former uses a pulley to drive the turbine while the latter uses exhaust gas...

This is the logic/principle behind VW's TSI - supercharger at lower RPM then the turbocharger takes over at higher RPM...

Of course, the CGI could be using very low-pressure turbo but then where's the extra power coming from?

PS - This is from a layman's understanding

Guest dudemobile

But the 1.6 has the same block but different crank case to the 1.8 Kompressor ( from what i read on ST some time back). Would be able to be uprated to the same level as 1.8 Kompressor?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sparkles

Indeed C180 CGI is a livelier ride to C180K. Owned a Rex before, C180 CGI made the mark in power and comfort. Never looked back since.

Good to know all "Limited Edition" seniors here .... :bounce:

Guest kepiting1sg

sparkles wrote:

Indeed C180 CGI is a livelier ride to C180K. Owned a Rex before, C180 CGI made the mark in power and comfort. Never looked back since.

From a Rex to a Merc - U must be ageing or rather settling down.....hahaha!:Cry:

A warm welcome to the forum sparkles :welcome:

Hope you enjoy your stay here & hope to see you at our mthly gtg which is the last Sunday of each month. Kallang Stadium Car Park F 4.30 pm onwards

Guest blackmercs

sparkles wrote:

Welcum the most Limited Edition Seniors is Newmercs. He is 'THE ONE' to look for, if u going to mods yr car.