• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C180 CGI to C180K

Guest Mer4

Pumper wrote:

Same bhp, same looks, pays lesser in road tax and the price is $17k lesser...hmm....I wonder whats the OMV for the C180K now...I guess most ppl will go for the C180K instead of the CGI now

few months back, OMV diff between C180K and C180 CGi is only $1-2k.

Guest vt5sport

Pumper wrote:

Same bhp, same looks, pays lesser in road tax and the price is $17k lesser...hmm....I wonder whats the OMV for the C180K now...I guess most ppl will go for the C180K instead of the CGI now

Same BHP but diff torque. Anyway, spec numbers dun always tell the full story. Kompressor and TC engine diff feel.

Guest vt5sport

Merc engineers muz be the most CMI in the world. Whether it's 1.8L komp, 1.6L komp or 1.8L turbo - all same 'declared' bhp. Wonder why would any car company bother spending millions $$$ on engineering juz to make NO progress and come back to square 1?

my friend just ordered the C180K, was told the OMV is 32k, not the 37K... and i think all 3 versions (C180K, C180cgi and C200cgi) will be on sale side by side.. C180K was to be used to counter A4 and 318i due to lost sales.

teoh wrote:

my friend just ordered the C180K, was told the OMV is 32k, not the 37K... and i think all 3 versions (C180K, C180cgi and C200cgi) will be on sale side by side.. C180K was to be used to counter A4 and 318i due to lost sales.

OMV 32k ... wow! if they are selling 146k... margin is 35k.

Anyway, their intention for C180K downsize to 1.6L is to achieve fuel economy and emission ... so that they can justify the blue efficiency tag.

C180 CGI 1.8 can achieve emission and consumption required for blue efficiency.

In Germany, C180K 1.8 has been discontinued. Only 1.6 with manual trans available as entry level C class....

C180 CGI available only in 5 speed auto.

The facelifted W204 is coming soon.... probably by next year's Geneva Motor Show in March. Besides the new front and rear bumper changes and head light refresh, they probably put in start/stop in it in the 5 speed auto trans to achieve even better fuel economy.

The first start/stop technology in auto transmission (in the world ever) was on the new CLS500 7Gtronic, which enables it to achieve such low fuel consumption.

Guest vt5sport

Mer4 wrote:

Hi vt5sport,

'Merc engineers muz be the most CMI in the world.'

may I know what is CMI?

Old C180K , 1.6cc only has 143Bhp. Why now at 156bhp? Strange...:fish:

CMI = can't make it.

Mer4 wrote:

Hi vt5sport,

'Merc engineers muz be the most CMI in the world.'

may I know what is CMI?

Old C180K , 1.6cc only has 143Bhp. Why now at 156bhp? Strange...:fish:

old W203 C180K with 143bhp was 1.8 SC.

Guest vt5sport

teoh wrote:

The OMV for the C180 CGI is abt $39k.

Thanks vt5sport and mile.

Feeling rather silly to have paid additional $....if getting evething the same.

Higher COE, Road tax, Interest......

To me, higher OMV of 6K does not really help much when selling our car. If given a chance now, I will go for 1.6cc with 156bhp.

Really CMI!

Guest vt5sport

Mer4 wrote:

To me, higher OMV of 6K does not really help much when selling our car. If given a chance now, I will go for 1.6cc with 156bhp.

Really CMI!

Dun feel bad. Go test drive both the 1.6K and the 1.8CGI. There's a diff in driving feel. The bhp numbers onli tell half the story.

Guest blackmercs

Mer4 wrote:

Comparing the features between 180K and CGI even more heart pain...wonder can I go back to them to fight for something better. Already got my COE last month...

Huh? Wats the diffs?? Apart fm supercharger & turbo & hp?

Mer4 wrote:

Really CMI!

Mer4, I think I can understand how u feel. I mean we bought the newer CGI version, then they re-introduced the C180K...$17k cheaper somemore with identical looks and equipment. But since we have already gotten it, just live it lor. Anyway the CGI is a blast to drive with great FC. No regrets! :becky::becky:

Pumper wrote:

Mer4, I think I can understand how u feel. I mean we bought the newer CGI version, then they re-introduced the C180K...$17k cheaper somemore with identical looks and equipment. But since we have already gotten it, just live it lor. Anyway the CGI is a blast to drive with great FC. No regrets! :becky::becky:

Understand. My diff is 14K because I bought it in Aug.

No matter how good is the FE, 14K can pump lots of petrol...right:Cry:

Guest vt5sport

Pumper wrote:

So the C180K, C180CGI and C200CGI is now akin to BMW 318i, 320i & 325i? Isn't MB cannibalising on the sale of its own CGI C Class?

Tink it's more a case of the 1.8L 180CGI cannibalising the 1.8L C200CGI sales. Wif the current high price and improved driveability from the CGI, the C180CGI can hold it's own. Also seem to see more SJZ plate C180 CGIs than the C200s on the road lately.

The 1.6L C180K would provide a better product differentiation to the C200 CGI. Guess once this shipment of C180 CGI finish, C&C will prob stop bringing in. So if a buyer wants the newer GCI tech, hv to pay more for the C200 lor.

i think C&C is trying to accentuate the differences between the 180 and 200. then again, dunno what else do they have in mind. with the only kompressor engine amongst the CGIs, hmmm, dun think it would be that popular. then again there are many who dig the 3 pointed stars.

I am just glad that I have a 180 cgi. prefer the TC whistle than the wailing SC. hehe.

To Mer4,

during the purchase last week, agent said order cannot be cancelled but can change to other model. maybe you can ask your agent if you can change to C180K?

Also when we saw the torque chart, C180cgi is comes faster than C180K. Hence, actually you are getting a faster car...