• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Reset ECU/TCU steps for your throttle response

Guest vincemerz

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
10 hours ago, divads said:

If I sell computer, I would tell my customer not to try changing the memory ram or any harddisk or etc themselves, wait computer got error. Better bring to my shop and let me repair/upgrade :) hahahaha

Bro next time you come down MU, I see I can solve for you a not. I not sure where you tack tack sound from.

• 1 year later...
On 07/09/2010 at 11:46 AM, Guest vratenza said:

mile wrote:

For W203, the S mode is actually standard mode (maybe W204 onwards they change it to sports mode..I'm not sure). Read in the owner's manual that it is supposed to be the default mode for driving for most situation.

*funny thing is, the sales person who sold me the car was telling me that the C mode should be the default and S mode is for sports and only use it if you want to drive aggressively...so apparently alot of people gets confused over this as well*

Regarding your point about jerky for city driving, you may want to check your shifting quality from 1st gear to 2nd gear....is it when you feel a prominent jerk? And beyond the 2nd gear the rest of the upshifts are much smoother right?

If that is the case, it is NOT NORMAL...please go to C&C and ask them to check on that.

I experienced it whenever I am in S mode and it disappeared when I am in C mode. Putting together the fact that C mode shifts from 2nd gear onwards and the jerk seem to be only from traffic light start off in the lower gears, I came to a conclusion that there is a problem with the 1-2 gear shift.

Even my wife who is in the passenger seat can feel it commented that the jerk a little bit abnormal for a premium conti car.

To cut long story short, it turned out that an update on the TCU solves the problem...and the car now shifts like a dream in C or S mode:rockon:

oh, mine is the 7G-tronic gearbox...not sure if other gear box is affected but apparently a common problem in the international MB forums.

May I ask where you did for the tcu update?

• 8 months later...

Hi I have a E230 W211 7 G-Tronic. I found out through years of monitoring that the S mode consumed lesser gas than when put in C mode. Is that peculiar? Mine just hit the 10th year recently and have just renewed my COE. Have been suffering from sluggish pick up, in the morning after o/n parking, issue recently even after going for spark plugs change, Fuel injector full servicing, Change Auto gear box filter, Change Auto Gear box oil, change new Battery, Service and clean throttle, added X1R Fuel Additives, Service guy using the gadget to check if any faults also shows none. After all these rectifications, still morning the engine sound sluggish and seems to have issue accelerating.When attempt to acceleration, engine sounds loud but acceleration is very slow and loud. At traffic lights with air con on, the car shudders quite distinct. Switch off air con, shudders reduce somewhat. But once drove for half hour or so, everything quieten down to like no sound.  Getting out of my basement car park first thing in the morning going up the slope, the engine sounds loud and straining. Just like a car going up a slope on 3rd gear at 20-25 kmh.  Any body having such similar issues? I have just went down to reset the ECU after reading this postings. Hope tomorrow i am going to be surprise.  Pray tomorrow I have a car which will sounds like a new car as stated here from some of the guys here.